ADVERTISEMENT

B10 Women's Basketball TipOff Week Begins Monday

sammybb

All Conference
Jul 25, 2001
While every other major conference throws a media day for their women's basketball teams, the B10 is again deciding to...tweet about everyone for a week.

Still, Monday they'll release the B10 Preseason poll, Player of the Year, and all Conference teams.

My (very uniformed guess) is that top 7 are:

1. Maryland (by a mile)
2. Indiana
3. Michigan St
4. Minnesota
5. Purdue
6. Rutgers
7. Ohio State

Preseason POY almost certainly is Kaila Charles of MD.
Preseason FOY is probably Kiersten Bell, Ohio St.
Preseason All B10:
Charles, MD
Mikesell, MD
Hillmon, Michigan
Pulliam, Northwestern
Doyle, Iowa
Colley, Michigan St
Pattberg, Indiana
Penn, Indiana
Pitts, Minnesota
McLaughlin, Purdue

Last year SEVEN teams finished between 10-8 and 8-10 in conference play. I think after Maryland, it's really anyone's game. Depending on development of Davenport, improvement of Zippy and Guirantes, and the transition of Morris, I can easily see RU finishing in top 3 again.

Update:

Maryland was picked to finish first by both coaches and media, then followed by some combination of Michigan (my big miss in predictions) Michigan St, Indiana, and either Purdue or Minnesota.

Preseason all B10 team I pretty much guessed--no RU players on the first ten, but not surprising, since Guirantes made 3rd team All B10 last year and everyone on the preseason team was 1st or 2nd.

https://bigten.org/news/2019/10/21/maryland-tops-big-ten-womens-basketball-preseason-rankings.aspx

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT