ADVERTISEMENT

B1G East vs West this year

yesrutgers01

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2008
I know, always a point of issue. But this yar, the disparity is enormous.
Let's use ourselves and played 5 games as a barometer

In our conference 3 teams have scored more and would be 4 in OSU played it's 5th game.
In the west - we would be the leading scorer by 14 points

On defense
The east - 2 teas have given up less and OSU would be giving up less if they played their 5th game and Maryland just 2 points more than us.
The East - we would be 1 in points given up for 5 game teams and this would be by 20 points.

In all- we have the 5th best scoring offense and 4th best scores against defense

It will be more interesting after another 3 games but for now- everyone has played a cupcake or two...

This is pretty much what I wanted to see from Greg this year. I really didn't know if he could take the next step but so far- every aspect of the team looks improved this year.

Such a freakin' joke. Everybody piles on Rutgers not being "successful" in the Big 10. How do you think Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Purdue would've done in the East for the past 9 years? Can't wait for these stupid divisions to disappear next year. Then the world will see how many of these Big Ten "stalwarts" we're better than.

In our conference 3 teams have scored more and would be 4 in OSU played it's 5th game.

On defense
The east - 2 teas have given up less and OSU would be giving up less if they played their 5th game and Maryland just 2 points more than us.
The East - we would be 1 in points given up for 5 game teams and this would be by 20 points.

In all- we have the 5th best scoring offense and 4th best scores against defense

It will be more interesting after another 3 games but for now- everyone has played a cupcake or two...

This is pretty much what I wanted to see from Greg this year. I really didn't know if he could take the next step but so far- every aspect of the team looks improved this year.
Some hate MBG, and sometimes it is hard to tell if the posters they are flagging are serious or just overreacting. Nebraska may want to go back to the Big 12 if Matt Rhule does not work out. Or just cave and bring back Bo Pelini with Mark Mangino in tow.

On defense

And as a side note … Indiana just fired OC Walt Bell. Rod Carey steps in .

Fun facts on Wisconsin:

0-9 in their last 9 games against Ohio State
3-3 against Michigan going back to 2016
0-5 in their last 5 games against Penn State going back to 2012

That's 3-17 against the top 3 teams in the B1G East.

The West is Pillow Soft.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Fun facts on Wisconsin:

0-9 in their last 9 games against Ohio State
3-3 against Michigan going back to 2016
0-5 in their last 5 games against Penn State going back to 2012

That's 3-17 against the top 3 teams in the B1G East.

The West is Pillow Soft.
Yeah but they’ve sure had our number. Hopefully we can change that on Saturday.

Such a freakin' joke. Everybody piles on Rutgers not being "successful" in the Big 10. How do you think Nebraska, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Purdue would've done in the East for the past 9 years? Can't wait for these stupid divisions to disappear next year. Then the world will see how many of these Big Ten "stalwarts" we're better than.
Rutgers is 9-3, 8-4 with a B1G West schedule this year.

I think I heard during the Iowa Penn St. game that Penn St. was the only ranked team currently on Iowa's schedule. We play 3 top 10 teams and Iowa play 1 ranked team for the year in conference. Yeah most average teams would struggle with our schedule.

The B10 west is definitely easier and looks quite weak this year. But for GS' current tenure through the NW game this year he's 3-7 vs B10 west teams if I counted correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT