ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tournament Thread

Slopfest from Soldano. Ohio State passes us by 1.5 points. We can not catch them unless Yara can somehow secure bonus points. Looks like a 6th place finish. Good tournament.

Frack - those two matches against Ohio State can't help for team points

Aaron Brooks with the tech, My bet is on him for OW.
Of course my vote is for Shawver

O this ref blows two stalls on Yara what a jackass.
It is absolutely remarkable how when guys we are wrestling stall, it can often take three periods before they even call a warning let alone two stall calls resulting in a point in a 30-second wondow when its on us (happened several times this tournament to us).. It's just crazy.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Must give credit when credit is do. The team had a really good weekend,

Shawver was outstanding. He will probably be seeded between 4th and 6th depending on Orine and Bailey's tournament results. With his convincing win today, he deserves the 4th seed behind Vito, Crookham, and Fix. Crookham and Fix are undefeated and Vito's only losses are to Crookham. Ironically, Sawyer's best chance may be against Vito who is nursing an injury that has limited his offensive attacks.

Really impressed with how Shawver just kept being aggressive and initiating the action against Ragusin. There was only one sequence where Ragusin got a reversal where I had some concern about being too aggressive. He just kept firing and had gas in the tank for a full 7 minutes. Congratulations to Dylan.

Terrific. I watched entire match thinking Cetta was leading. Lol.
They should have challenged that. Thought Cetta won that scramble
I thought the exact same thing and was wondering why he kept shooting rapid fire at the end of the match. At that point I realized I must have missed something.
I mean Brian is getting killed but how did this ref not count any back points, ridiculous.
I thought it was long enough for a two count at least. Video review proved otherwise I guess.
Why? Slav is 1-2 career vs Davison and one loss is SV.
The deck was stacked against Slava. He struggles with Davidson's size, length and strength. Against the better wrestlers, he doesnt really try much for takedowns. Even when he is behind, like tonight. His reversal got me on the edge of my seat a little..but just a little.

Watching the ACC finals now. The Dean that wrestled Ramos can def beat Camacho and Flynn. Same goes for Yara. When wrestling his best he can beat Trephan and Catka. No doubt Shawver can beat Orine and Latona

Reactions: Leonard23
Orine (133) is huge, stingy and tough on top. Just beat Latona who beat Shawver. Shawver has the advantage on his feet. Probably should not take bottom. Orine probably the 4, Nasir Bailey the 5 (if he won) then Shawver, Ragusin 6, 7.

Orine (133) is huge, stingy and tough on top. Just beat Latona who beat Shawver. Shawver has the advantage on his feet. Probably should not take bottom. Orine probably the 4, Nasir Bailey the 5 (if he won) then Shawver, Ragusin 6, 7.
Shawver nearly beat Latona and Shawver is significantly better than he was three months ago.

Shawver nearly beat Latona and Shawver is significantly better than he was three months ago.
Shawver wrestled great against Ragusin, wrestling well in general. But, went to overtime against MD kid who he beat more soundly earlier in the year. I’m talking about potential seeds and style matchup vs Orine. Orine is a more dynamic version of Cole Matthews. Will have to be very tactical to beat him.

Shawver wrestled great against Ragusin, wrestling well in general. But, went to overtime against MD kid who he beat more soundly earlier in the year. I’m talking about potential seeds and style matchup vs Orine. Orine is a more dynamic version of Cole Matthews. Will have to be very tactical to beat him.
I think Shawver matches up well with everyone except Vito who I think is just a better version. Not sure about Crookham. I’d like his chances against Fix who is strong as an ox but offensively dull as hell. As always this tournament is all about the draw so hopefully Shawver can get a favorable bracket and make an AA push.

Possible portal target for 174 for us from Columbia? Lennox Wolak won EIWA Champ for Columbia at 174. If he has any eligibility, we can replace Turley with him and not miss a beat.

Possible portal target for 174 for us from Columbia? Lennox Wolak won EIWA Champ for Columbia at 174. If he has any eligibility, we can replace Turley with him and not miss a beat.

Thought Soldano might be replacing Turley at 174 ;p

I'm not sure but I think Jackson still has a year if he wants it. Between redshirts, injury years and a Covid year it's hard to tell how many seasons the guys have left.

Reactions: njsportsphan
I'm not sure but I think Jackson still has a year if he wants it. Between redshirts, injury years and a Covid year it's hard to tell how many seasons the guys have left.
Yes he does(medical for 2022), but he participated in Senior night, and I think he has stated that this is his last year....of course, could change mind and come back.

Reactions: bigmatt718
This is probably the last year with Covid eligibility for anyone but if Turley has one more year left we are good. I forgot he had the medical RS.

Ayzerov is a Jersey kid too. Owned Foca this year and beat him 3 times.

With Jackson's injuries, I would be surprised if he comes back.
Would love to see him one more year.
I believe he wasted his first year trying to make 165 (or that was someone else...i am getting old)
I like Poz at 197 even thou he is undersized lengthwise.
I am not sure Poz could make 184 again.
Has Soldano ever cut weight to make us think he could go 174?
All good questions for the off season.

With Jackson's injuries, I would be surprised if he comes back. Agree
Would love to see him one more year. Agree
I believe he wasted his first year trying to make 165 (or that was someone else...i am getting old) Not old, he struggled to make 165
I like Poz at 197 even thou he is undersized lengthwise. Agree
I am not sure Poz could make 184 again. Pretty sure that ship has sailed. Poz feels much better up at 197
Has Soldano ever cut weight to make us think he could go 174? No, wrestled 190lbs as a senior in HS, cause he did not want to cut to 175lbs....next year will be 3/4 years since HS. Too me he looks small for 184, but it is easy to tell someone "hey cut down to the lower weight class" Cutting a lot of weight is brutal
All good questions for the off season. Yes, need the team to stay hot for Nationals, then worry about next year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT