ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 2/14 UPDATE 2/19 ON PAGE 17

Oklahoma threw it away on one end and didn't box out on the other. They deserve to lose.

I never heard announcer doing clock before. I have heard one minute left.

After UCLA making the Final Four from a play in game, beating MSU no less, there is a very strong argument for expanding tourney.

It seems possible since right now we have the tie breaker against Illinois Purdue Wisconsin OSU MSU... also Iowa Michigan... the top 7 other schools outside us. Wild.

If we finish top 4 and get a double bye in the B1G, the committee is not going to leave us out. They would look foolish. It would also mean they would be taking as many as 4 or 5 teams below us. The optics would be terrible and it would be disrespectful to the B1G as a conference to have the 4th place double bye team omitted.

I know none of this conference stuff is in the criteria, but it's still human beings making the decisions, and Rutgers would have enough to point to on their resume and say they desevrve to be in legitimately. Just like there will be warts to point to if you don’t think they should be in. The unique resume will only naturally make people think of the bigger picture when trying to decide if they deserve to be in
Being 18-12 and getting a double bye he said

Iowa State gets a win. They're safe now. TCU has bad computer numbers and a very tough schedule the rest of the way even by Big 12 standards.

Iowa State wins at TCU. Needed to win to stabilize ISU. Meanwhile TCU has a gauntlet ahead.

Indy holding on 68-67 with 1:12 left...

A New Mexico win over 20-3 Wyoming just drops Wyoming a couple places, not in danger with a loss at 3-2 5-1 5-0, whether it ends up Q3 or Q2. The win would place New Mexico closer to being in the Q2 range, 153 today.

Wyoming isnt a sure thing. Thats a really bad Q3 loss for them. Still in the field today probably as a 9 but have games at Col St and vs San Diego St among other landmines in conference play. Only wins are CSU and BSU

Wyoming isnt a sure thing. Thats a really bad Q3 loss for them. Still in the field today probably as a 9 but have games at Col St and vs San Diego St among other landmines in conference play
It's hard for all 4 MWC teams to make it I think. Possible, but 65/35 for 3 bids.

community-senior-chang.gif

Reactions: fluoxetine
Pretty good night with Oklahoma, Florida, Indiana, and Wyoming losing. Maybe Utah State can rally but I'll check on that in the morning.

Tomorrow we make another statement.

Reactions: ScarletDave
3-3 would put us at 18-12 (12-8) going into the BIG tourney. We think (and are rooting for) OSU to do better than 3-4 the rest of the way with only 2 road games remaining but it’s still theoretically possible. Michigan State has a tough road ahead and could easily lose 3 more.

It seems possible since right now we have the tie breaker against Illinois Purdue Wisconsin OSU MSU... also Iowa Michigan... the top 7 other schools outside us. Wild.

If we finish top 4 and get a double bye in the B1G, the committee is not going to leave us out. They would look foolish. It would also mean they would be taking as many as 4 or 5 teams below us. The optics would be terrible and it would be disrespectful to the B1G as a conference to have the 4th place double bye team omitted.

I know none of this conference stuff is in the criteria, but it's still human beings making the decisions, and Rutgers would have enough to point to on their resume and say they desevrve to be in legitimately. Just like there will be warts to point to if you don’t think they should be in. The unique resume will only naturally make people think of the bigger picture when trying to decide if they deserve to be in
We don't have the tiebreaker against IL right now...

Reactions: Scangg
To be clear, it’s not that likely to happen, and maybe not an outcome to root for. I’ll let BAC comment on that. Im not really sure. Its an odd, almost ironic situation where finishing ahead in the standings might hurt us.

That scenerio would involve a poor finish from both OSU 3-4 and Michigan State which would weaken those wins. At 12-8 we’d still probably prefer the marquis wins to sparkle on the resume than get the bye.

Looking at the new NET this morning, Florida dropped, 49 to 54, but has 3 prime opportunities at.home to get back on the right side of things, vs Auburn, vs Arkansas and vs Kentucky.

Michigan only fell to 27th so that's still a Q1.

Interesting Big Ten bubble game tomorrow, Michigan @ Iowa. If the Wolverines win they maybe get back to Q1, but if they lose then they'll be 13-11 and needing a lot of work down the stretch.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT