ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 2/14 UPDATE 2/19 ON PAGE 17

Depressing is losing to UMASS, DePaul, Lafayette and barely beating NJIT. Merrimack and Lehigh. Getting annihilated in the 1st half against NW 2 weeks ago. losing to PSU bu 17, failing to beat a bad Minnesota team with 1/2 a team. Depressing is getting destroyed by Seton Hall and Illinois in a 10 day period.

Talking about finiding 3-4 wins and wondering if it will be enough is exciting. Especially when the computers, the same one Las Vegas uses to make lines still give us a less than 10% vchance of making the tournament
You are lost Mr. Glass always half empty. Your eyes have deceived you and you cannot recognize how historic it was for the back to back to back ranked victories and going for 4 tonight , which might be the first time it has ever happened in the regular season in college basketball history. You love throwing out your computer numbers that give us a 5 % or 15% chance and how ridiculous they made those last 3 predictions look.

Basketball is a momentum sport and unfortunately it took our team a little longer to find our potential . There is little doubt in my mind that for the last 7 halves , there is unlikely any team in the country playing better , especially when you realize who they played against , and after you actually watched the games and realized the other teams didn’t lay an egg. Your citing the early season struggles in November and before our Covid pause is basically worthless now. This team is positioned to do something special and the first thing that would be is fighting for a Big 10 title or a share of it. I didn’t say you could not discuss Rutgers winning 2or 3 of the next 6 , I said it was depressing. Sorry if you always sound like your shoe is going drop all the time and as it does , your computer will calculate how fast it has dropped.

look at Lunardi being coy...yes RU is is his bracket if they beat Illinois, he is being delibrately obtuse. His analysis of SMU remaining in the field over RU if the Mustangs lost to turd Temple is outrageous.
Temple is grade A garbage. If SMU loses to them, they will be out of the field. Plain and simple.

Reactions: Scangg
You are lost Mr. Glass always half empty. Your eyes have deceived you and you cannot recognize how historic it was for the back to back to back ranked victories and going for 4 tonight , which might be the first time it has ever happened in the regular season in college basketball history. You love throwing out your computer numbers that give us a 5 % or 15% chance and how ridiculous they made those last 3 predictions look.

Basketball is a momentum sport and unfortunately it took our team a little longer to find our potential . There is little doubt in my mind that for the last 7 halves , there is unlikely any team in the country playing better , especially when you realize who they played against , and after you actually watched the games and realized the other teams didn’t lay an egg. Your citing the early season struggles in November and before our Covid pause is basically worthless now. This team is positioned to do something special and the first thing that would be is fighting for a Big 10 title or a share of it. I didn’t say you could not discuss Rutgers winning 2or 3 of the next 6 , I said it was depressing. Sorry if you always sound like your shoe is going drop all the time and as it does , your computer will calculate how fast it has dropped.
What happens when we lose momentum?

I think Lunardi and others(Not Bac) got caught with their pants down and simply don’t know how to react to Rutgers. It literally doesn’t compute. Throw in the fact that Rutgers is making a mockery of the NET which they have come to depend on.

I think Lunardi and others(Not Bac) got caught with their pants down and simply don’t know how to react to Rutgers. It literally doesn’t compute. Throw in the fact that Rutgers is making a mockery of the NET which they have come to depend on.
I think they use NET,kenpom, bart as an easy sorting device and the computers hate us because of competition and scoring differential

I never heard announcer doing clock before. I have heard one minute left.

After UCLA making the Final Four from a play in game, beating MSU no less, there is a very strong argument for expanding tourney.
or that 11 seeds should not be playing each other in the First Four

define that...losing one game, losing two

I think losing the next 2 isnt the end of the world and RU doesnt lose any credit for losing to two top 15 schools. It does mean though that pressure is on at Michigan to win
that was response to goru saying this is a momentum game.

personally I think tonight is huge. We are playing confident individually and as a team. Strike while the iron is hot. My fear is a loss tonight can easily and more likely (60+%) to turn in to a 3 game losing streak.

that was response to goru saying this is a momentum game.

personally I think tonight is huge. We are playing confident individually and as a team. Strike while the iron is hot. My fear is a loss tonight can easily and more likely (60+%) to turn in to a 3 game losing streak.

Exactly because it notches a third huge win for the season and its always good to have a bird in the hand going forward.

If we beat Illinois we can actually start thinking of winning the league..enough results to say wait a minute we are that good

Depressing is losing to UMASS, DePaul, Lafayette and barely beating NJIT. Merrimack and Lehigh. Getting annihilated in the 1st half against NW 2 weeks ago. losing to PSU bu 17, failing to beat a bad Minnesota team with 1/2 a team. Depressing is getting destroyed by Seton Hall and Illinois in a 10 day period.
Did you have to remind everyone about all of this stuff? Man, what a bad start to the season (leaving aside the NW and Minnesota games, too...)

Reactions: shields
What happens when we lose momentum?
Let it happen first before you guarantee it. If your eyes do not tell you that it is not just momentum but this team and most of the players are playing to their potential that most of us envisioned and more importantly the coach envisioned earlier this year , then I would say I cannot help you see it. Paul, Caleb , Geo , Cliff and Dean have significantly raised their games in the last 7 halves . Right in front of your eyes. I do not see them going backwards now when they are shooting for the prize.

Let it happen first before you guarantee it. If your eyes do not tell you that it is not just momentum but this team and most of the players are playing to their potential that most of us envisioned and more importantly the coach envisioned earlier this year , then I would say I cannot help you see it. Paul, Caleb , Geo , Cliff and Dean have significantly raised their games in the last 7 halves . Right in front of your eyes. I do not see them going backwards now when they are shooting for the prize.
My “base” view of the team has increased. Bear case has increased based on rotation changes. We are seeing the bull case right now.

My “base” view of the team has increased. Bear case has increased based on rotation changes. We are seeing the bull case right now.
So adjust your pessimistic ways. I am anxious tonight as I was for the last 3 games and every game for that matter but what I am seeing gives me a much more hopeful feeling that we have a decent chance to win not some bullshit computer telling me 20-30% chance

Reactions: shields
Palm claims Rutgers is a fringe bubble school. He isnt even using his usual historical analytics to judge us, he is basically saying that he does not think they will win much over the past 3 weeks

Reactions: Danprusa_4
Palm claims Rutgers is a fringe bubble school. He isnt even using his usual historical analytics to judge us, he is basically saying that he does not think they will win much over the past 3 weeks
Again predicting future events to justify current bracket?

I agree with FIG on the strike while iron is hot. Ride the momentum and what is shaping up to be an all time level crowd.

I said from the new Paul breakout that this style is more repeatable and we could be more consistent which has turned out to be true. We still are not likely to play THIS good game after game after game. Even the best teams have let downs.

Get this game tonight while we are still on fire as a team!

Felt really good about the last 3 games...very nervous about tonight, since I just don't think we match up well with Illinois, but if we can continue to defend with intensity/teamwork and make enough shots, it'll be close and we're tough to beat at the end of a close game with the crowd going nuts even for very good teams - just ask Purdue ad OSU. See y'all soon...

Felt really good about the last 3 games...very nervous about tonight, since I just don't think we match up well with Illinois, but if we can continue to defend with intensity/teamwork and make enough shots, it'll be close and we're tough to beat at the end of a close game with the crowd going nuts even for very good teams - just ask Purdue ad OSU. See y'all soon...
Last 5 games vs. Illinois: 2 wins (one no Ayo), 2 blowout losses, one close loss (no Geo). Not as bad as it feels, honestly.

The ACC SUCKSSSSSSSSSS. All their “good” teams suck, all their bubble teams sucks, all their sucky teams suck.

Miami barely beat an atrocious Louisville team.

An even worse BC team just scored 95 on Notre Dame (lost in OT).

Equally abysmal Pitt is beating UNC by 18 with 11 mins to go.

They deserve 1 bid (Duke)

Wow the ACC flirted with some major disaster (Notre Dame won in OT) and it looks like it's catching up to UNC.

No worries at all! HUGE win!!! Love this team!!

Just think of last year. In reverse.
:)

UNC gets blown out out at home, they have to win both @ Duke and @ VA Tech to have any chance. Geez, TV Teddy is reffing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT