ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

Bad showing on many levels today. Didn’t play well. Arguing constantly with refs. Technicals. Have to do better under pressure.

St Bonaventure to the line down 1 with 1.8 to go, against St Louis. 80+% shooter. Missed both FT and the ball goes out of bounds. Wow. St Louis advances to face Davidson.

This doesn't go by record..indian was 9-11 in the big 10

Conference record ultimately doesn't matter anymore in league like the B1G because everyone plays a different schedule.

I could see it still being a factor in a true round robin league like the Big East or B12.

This is why ND's 15-5 ACC mark is a non-factor. If you beat a bunch of Q3/Q4 teams, it doesn't matter.

IU should be ahead of RU

I think IU is the classic Dayton team. They remind me of the 2015-2016 UM team that played its way in the B1G tournament into the F4 in Dayton (by winning two games like IU did).

Here's the thing. If you were off the bubble, and you play your win, my guess is you probably moved up to the First 4. If they move up 5 spots in the pecking order, that's still First 4.

If IU wins tomorrow, I think they could make the main field, but the committee isn't going to just throw away the fact that IU did nothing for six weeks leading into this week.

People putting A&M in are totally out to lunch. They absolutely need to win tomorrow and that may not be enough.

Ok so say we don’t get in…what does that mean? We would get a 1 seed in the NIT and home games for that?

I think IU is the classic Dayton team. They remind me of the 2015-2016 UM team that played its way in the B1G tournament into the F4 in Dayton (by winning two games like IU did).

Here's the thing. If you were off the bubble, and you play your win, my guess is you probably moved up to the First 4. If they move up 5 spots in the pecking order, that's still First 4.

If IU wins tomorrow, I think they could make the main field, but the committee isn't going to just throw away the fact that IU did nothing for six weeks leading into this week.

People putting A&M in are totally out to lunch. They absolutely need to win tomorrow and that may not be enough.

lol they are ahead of Michigan....you have the worst record, RU and Mich probably both in dayton...they beat Illinois, they earned way out of Dayton, its a huge win

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
IU will be 20-13
RU is 18-13

RU’s schedule was not harder than IU. It should be as simple and clear cut as that.

stop it, they play different schedules, we didnt play rider, we would be 19-13 too...that not how it works, our wins are better, they dont have a road win at Wisconsin nor at Indiana for that matter

stop it, they play different schedules, we didnt play rider, we would be 19-13 too...that not how it works, our wins are better, they dont have a road win at Wisconsin nor at Indiana for that matter
Was about to add “Or at Indiana” but you beat me to it.

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
Indiana should be ahead of us unless you
(1) assign a positive value to high variance
and/or
(2) want to give less weight to the beginning of the season vs the end

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Indiana-Iowa game. I'm sure Iowa is not popular on this board right now, but if they beat Indiana worse than they beat us, isn't that a data point to consider in ranking these teams? Both would be playing for the 3rd straight day so that is not a way to downplay a beatdown, if they get one.

Conversely, an Indiana win tomorrow would clearly vault them over us IMO.

MTSU drives the length of the floor to tie UAB with 2.6 seconds to go in the C-USA semis. Winner to play La Tech for a bid tomorrow.

Their OOC is slightly harder and we both play in B1G

Indiana WAB breakeven point (includes tomorrow's game): 19.67-13.33 (59.61%)
Rutgers WAB breakeven point: 18.5-12.5 (59.68%)

Looks like Rutgers' schedule is ever so slightly stronger by this measure but 20-13 > 18-13.

Reactions: Greene Rice FIG
People must remember we only played Indiana once and that was at their place and we defeated them as well as being 3 games ahead of Indiana in the league standings. IU has played super the last two days and they should definitely be in the NCAA (in my opinion) but I feel we should also be in even if it is in a # 12 play in game.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Indiana-Iowa game. I'm sure Iowa is not popular on this board right now, but if they beat Indiana worse than they beat us, isn't that a data point to consider in ranking these teams?
It's one out of 63, yes.

lol they are ahead of Michigan....you have the worst record, RU and Mich probably both in dayton...they beat Illinois, they earned way out of Dayton, its a huge win

We will see. If they were in yesterday perhaps. I think this got them in today.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Indiana-Iowa game. I'm sure Iowa is not popular on this board right now, but if they beat Indiana worse than they beat us, isn't that a data point to consider in ranking these teams? Both would be playing for the 3rd straight day so that is not a way to downplay a beatdown, if they get one.

Conversely, an Indiana win tomorrow would clearly vault them over us IMO.
It’s already happened.

Bump from this morning...

We want the first team listed to lose

7:00 -- SMU vs Tulsa
7:00 -- Miami vs Duke (this one is more for seeding)
8:30 -- Vandy vs Kentucky
8:30 -- VCU vs Richmond
9:00 -- Colorado vs Arizona

9:00 -- Penn State vs Purdue
9:30 -- Wyoming vs Boise
9:30 -- VaTech vs UNC
9:30 -- Oklahoma vs Texas Tech

The games in bold are the important ones. The others are either bid thieves that have other opportunities to lose or "nice to haves".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT