ADVERTISEMENT

BC and Cuse?

Rutgers football and men's basketball have a long way to go to get to .500 against Syracuse and Boston College.

Rutgers versus:

Syracuse football 13-27-1 32.9%
Boston College football 7-20-1 26.8%
Syracuse basketball 5-11 31.3%
Boston College football 9-30 32.1%

Rutgers coaches need to show more scheduling fortitude and play these rivalry teams yearly on home-away basis. At lease BC comes to SHI in 2026. Based on the outlook of many TKR posters, these matchups would be easy Rutgers wins in the future.
Past record doesn’t matter
Our future is better

Rutgers football and men's basketball have a long way to go to get to .500 against Syracuse and Boston College.

Rutgers versus:

Rutgers coaches need to show more scheduling fortitude and play these rivalry teams yearly on home-away basis. At lease BC comes to SHI in 2026. Based on the outlook of many TKR posters, these matchups would be easy Rutgers wins in the future.

I'm really a fan of anyone else other Rutgers.
Tina Belcher Caught In A Lie GIF by Bob's Burgers

SUPER TROLL

Chill Trying Too Hard GIF by BuzzFeed

And Tirico had the nuts to mention Rutgers in his piece and how he feels sewercuse is a better fit for the Big Ten than Rutgers:
Tirico thinks Syracuse’s foothold in the Northeast would be an attractive asset:

“I also think it would be incredibly short-sighted for college athletics as it grows going forward to not have a significant footprint in the Northeast from a population and media standpoint,” Tirico said. “I think that Syracuse is the best option. I’m not blind to Rutgers’ presence, but I think Syracuse is a better option and historically has been and has a better sports brand.”

Frankly, he's full of shit and is worried about Rutgers' rise to prominence at the cost to sewercuse. Better brand yea 30 years ago. Better footprint??? He's been smoking some good stuff.

I don’t think he’s incorrect saying Syracuse has been the better “brand”. Doesnt mean that makes the the better fit.

Reactions: AttendanceSux
Did BC/Syracuse really screw the Big East?
Weren’t we also actively trying to leave (to either the ACC or the Big Ten) for just as long?
They just got out first.

If the Big Ten invited us instead of Nebraska in, should we have declined to “preserve the Big East”?

USC/Cal and the Big Ten just did the same thing to the PAC-12 and roundly cheered around here.

Not commenting on their fans reactions because they are losers just bitter because they live in a snow drift.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Weren’t we also actively trying to leave (to either the ACC or the Big Ten) for just as long?
They just got out first.

If the Big Ten invited us instead of Nebraska in, should we have declined to “preserve the Big East”?

BC screwed the Big East not Syracuse. They along with Miami and Virginia Tech left long before the Big 10 decided to take Nebraska. By the time that happened the musical chairs of conference realignment had begun again and Big East Football was a dead man walking.

• Haha
Reactions: AttendanceSux
They just got out first.

USC/Cal and the Big Ten just did the same thing to the PAC-12 and roundly cheered around here.

Not commenting on their fans reactions because they are losers just bitter because they live in a snow drift.
The major issue was that BC AD and president of Miami were on a big east committee to shape the future of the big east while they were negotiating to leave.

I'm sure Swofford kicks himself every time he thinks about taking BC, Pitt, Sewer instead of RU. The revenue the ACC lost has to be in the hundreds of millions. In the end lucky for us not to be on a sinking ship.

I'm sure Swofford kicks himself every time he thinks about taking BC, Pitt, Sewer instead of RU. The revenue the ACC lost has to be in the hundreds of millions. In the end lucky for us not to be on a sinking ship.
ACC not taking Rutgers and UConn in the early 2010s likely doomed the conference a decade later. They would've had the whole Eastern Seaboard from Boston to Miami locked down. That being said I wouldn't trade being in the B1G for anything.

Last edited:

Rutgers versus:

So we need to help BC and Cuse with recruiting? I say a hard no thank you, lol.

Syracuse still owes Rutgers a game in Piscataway that was scheduled for 2020.
That’s something I’m cool with.

Other than that, unless they want a bought game or a series where their game is at MetLife, I’m fine with saying goodbye to any series (with anyone) set ups going forward.

9 B1G
3 OOC (all at home)

And never ever less than 7 home games.

Rutgers versus:

And Rutgers is 36 games below .500 versus Princeton in football. Are they still considered soooo much better than us, and we need to schedule them every year to prove we're better? Nobody gives a wet fart.

And Rutgers is 36 games below .500 versus Princeton in football. Are they still considered soooo much better than us, and we need to schedule them every year to prove we're better? Nobody gives a wet fart.
Lol hell the rich, elitist douches from 20 mins southwest on Route 27 quit playing Rutgers after Rutgers punched them in the face a few times in the 70s.

Rutgers versus:

FOOTBALL
  • Recent history - Rutgers has beaten Syracuse in seven of their last nine games (78%) and has won 4 of the last 5 inside the Dome. Greg Schiano teams have won 6 of the last 8 games (75%) he has coached versus the Orange.

FOOTBALL
  • Recent history - Rutgers has beaten Syracuse in seven of their last nine games (78%) and has won 4 of the last 5 inside the Dome. Greg Schiano teams have won 6 of the last 8 games (75%) he has coached versus the Orange.
"Recent history" is what matters
We can go back to when Rutgers played the first game or the years RU was more of a D-1AA program or when the administration decided to join the big boys but didn't want to pay the price of building a winer would cost .
So what you posted is showing how much better Rutgers football became when it started to loosen the purse strings and try to give the RU FB program the type of support it needed to make RU FB better able to compete against programs that once walked over them constantly because of the team being financed and supported like D-1AA program even though it played a D-1A schedule.

Some seem not to understand that and act like RU didn't have an administration that allowed football to play with one hand tied behind its back because it wasn't supported like most of the teams on its schedule when t came to paying the price to make it a winner.
Bringing up all time recorded might be making someone's point about Rutgers not being considered a winner, but bring up the present and we might see how that is changing.

Reactions: mosito
I can't stand Syracuse as much as the next guy but until we start having numerous Winning Seasons, Their History and results just squash us...We pump our chests because were in B1G but we need to start putting up some results. Syracuse has had a #1 Ranking at seasons end, played in numerous New Years Day Bowls and 2 Heisman Trophy winners...We beat Louisville one year
Congrats about their history from 40 years ago trumping ours. So does Army’s and Rice but I’m not worried about any of them replacing us in the Big Ten

I can't stand Syracuse as much as the next guy but until we start having numerous Winning Seasons, Their History and results just squash us...We pump our chests because were in B1G but we need to start putting up some results. Syracuse has had a #1 Ranking at seasons end, played in numerous New Years Day Bowls and 2 Heisman Trophy winners...We beat Louisville one year
And they would trade places with us tomorrow

Hey, if we're talking history, let's not forget that for the first 20 years of college football Syracuse was too lame a school to even compete!

Reactions: shields
Was Rutgers ever interested in McCord? Was the asking price just off the charts? Talk about an upgrade,geez. https://www.si.com/college/ohiostat...nd-kyle-mccords-ohio-state-departure-revealed
Upgrade for Ohio State?

We shall see how well he does without 4-5 start WRs and OL. They have a schedule easier than RU's.

Rutgers offered, but he went for Ohio State--it was a "no brainer."

Upgrade for Ohio State?

We shall see how well he does without 4-5 start WRs and OL. They have a schedule easier than RU's.

I guess Derek didn’t follow the same advice the second time around…from the above article. No way Cuse offers anything more than money when it comes to advantages.

” there was just too big of a gap when you look at what Ohio State could offer compared to Rutgers … ”Derek said.

It was all about NIL when in the transfer portal.

Reactions: Knight Shift
We should still be scheduling them in OOC games.

Local, regional games and for two schools that aren't in our conference they generate a lot of emotion from the fanbase.

And Tirico had the nuts to mention Rutgers in his piece and how he feels sewercuse is a better fit for the Big Ten than Rutgers:
Tirico thinks Syracuse’s foothold in the Northeast would be an attractive asset:

“I also think it would be incredibly short-sighted for college athletics as it grows going forward to not have a significant footprint in the Northeast from a population and media standpoint,” Tirico said. “I think that Syracuse is the best option. I’m not blind to Rutgers’ presence, but I think Syracuse is a better option and historically has been and has a better sports brand.”

Frankly, he's full of shit and is worried about Rutgers' rise to prominence at the cost to sewercuse. Better brand yea 30 years ago. Better footprint??? He's been smoking some good stuff.
He’s an alumnus. That should surprise no one.

Upgrade for Ohio State?

I was asking about between Syracuse and Rutgers for him, obviously not between Ohio State and Rutgers. Here's another question, has Rutgers EVER out recruited Ohio State for a player Ohio State wanted? I think I can answer my own question, a hard no and that would be before and after the NIL bull spit started.

Reactions: NickRU714
I was asking about between Syracuse and Rutgers for him, obviously not between Ohio State and Rutgers. Here's another question, has Rutgers EVER out recruited Ohio State for a player Ohio State wanted? I think I can answer my own question, a hard no and that would be before and after the NIL bull spit started.

Didn’t OSU really want Huggins?
I may be misremembering who were the other finalists.

Anthony Davis!!!! USC and OSU wanted him bad.

Reactions: RUSK97 and TRU2RU

Was at a family reunion in Ohio in '06. The Ohio contingent were convinced they were getting "that big tackle from New Jersey" to Columbus .

Reactions: Rutgers NJ

Rutgers versus:

in football- we can win the next 10 in a row against both teams and that argument would still be there...But, since 2005 - we are 1-1 against BC and 7-2 against Cuse
that would be 8-3 against these two team in the last 19 years

Boy, it is a good thing Jim Delaney didn't know we have all-time losing records vs. BC and Syracuse when the B1G was deciding on expansion targets! We would've been SCREWED!

There is no way I would agree to continuous non-conference games against BC and Syracuse. First off - we only get three of those games per season. Why would we tie two of them to those two schools on a regular basis? For better access to the lucrative New England and northern New York recruiting grounds? Second - by not playing them every season, we've reduced their access to our recruiting backyard.

Let 'em wither and struggle.

There is no way I would agree to continuous non-conference games against BC and Syracuse. First off - we only get three of those games per season. Why would we tie two of them to those two schools on a regular basis? For better access to the lucrative New England and northern New York recruiting grounds? Second - by not playing them every season, we've reduced their access to our recruiting backyard.

Bingo!

I guess Derek didn’t follow the same advice the second time around…from the above article. No way Cuse offers anything more than money when it comes to advantages.

” there was just too big of a gap when you look at what Ohio State could offer compared to Rutgers … ”Derek said.

It was all about NIL when in the transfer portal.
Cuse does offer one huge thing that Rutgers and Ohio State cannot: a net softer in-conference schedule, particularly the defenses McCord would be running his offense against.

Cuse does offer one huge thing that Rutgers and Ohio State cannot: a net softer in-conference schedule, particularly the defenses McCord would be running his offense against.

And don't forget above-ground igloos to live in from September to June.

Reactions: thegock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT