ADVERTISEMENT

BC and Cuse?

I was asking about between Syracuse and Rutgers for him, obviously not between Ohio State and Rutgers. Here's another question, has Rutgers EVER out recruited Ohio State for a player Ohio State wanted? I think I can answer my own question, a hard no and that would be before and after the NIL bull spit started.

You would be wrong. Anthony Davis came down to Rutgers and Ohio State for Exhibit A.

Yeah, I see you saw a post after mine. Yes, I forgot about him, I guess a blind squirrel gets the worm every now and then. We kept one from them, my bad,lol.
When it comes to recruiting history and even recent history- Rutgers vs OSU is just a different beast.
If I am a football player and know I am a 3 and out starter with NFL as my only goal- there are a handful of programs I compare.
Well- before NIL, that is.
Just taking OSU as the example. Doesn’t matter if you are 3-5 star.,,your next 3 years are what determine your fate. So, even if you are a NJ 4 star- you have Rutgers and OSU offers- outside of being home…and even though our academics may bit a little better, what do we have to sell?
I love what we have and we can outsell a lot of other programs but those other B1G schools are hard to do that against.
Never heard of a NYC firm turning down an OSU or Michigan degree based on the school.

Reactions: Rutgers NJ
If we ever go to 10 league games, there will never be an opportunity to play them unless it's a bowl game. In that scenario we will always play 2 cupcakes in those slots. With 9 games, we can still do 2 cupcakes and rotate in a regional team every once in awhile to keep everyone happy. I know not everyone agrees with this (like Schiano) but some of us still appreciate those games due to our history.

When it comes to recruiting history and even recent history- Rutgers vs OSU is just a different beast.
If I am a football player and know I am a 3 and out starter with NFL as my only goal- there are a handful of programs I compare.
Well- before NIL, that is.
Just taking OSU as the example. Doesn’t matter if you are 3-5 star.,,your next 3 years are what determine your fate. So, even if you are a NJ 4 star- you have Rutgers and OSU offers- outside of being home…and even though our academics may bit a little better, what do we have to sell?
I love what we have and we can outsell a lot of other programs but those other B1G schools are hard to do that against.
Never heard of a NYC firm turning down an OSU or Michigan degree based on the school.
100% correct post. I have no problem being wrong.
Rutgers verse an Ohio State is never going to end well in recruiting that type player and except for me forgetting AD, it's a proven fact.

Yeah, I see you saw a post after mine. Yes, I forgot about him, I guess a blind squirrel gets the worm every now and then. We kept one from them, my bad,lol.

A simple “I was wrong” would suffice next time and while I don’t recall any other posts from you, based on this one, I assume there will be more opportunities.

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers NJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT