ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Tourney 2nd round game thread: RU-Northwestern

Wow..reading through these threads this a.m. and I sometimes wonder why some folks even watch these games...ripping the players especially Corey time and time again. Before the tourney, if we said we beat OSU and lose NW, we would probably be OK with that. Sure, nobody is happy with this game but this is OUR team that showed great heart and improvement this season. Coach has been clear with the talent gap and 15-18 is marked improvement.

Team came out and didn't give up ... Played a good last 25 minutes after the run ... 4 B1G wins ... Making strides.

Agree with 4theknights, wanted to win one game and beat OSU finally. Anything else was just gravy. We won 15 games.

G-Ru, most of the team did not show up. Still was a good year, need some shooters and get some kids in the weight room.

Agree! Nice year! Great coach! Look foward to the future. This board rips Corey, CJ and Freeman relentlessly and elevates Williams to Sainthood. He is very often the problem as well. Nothing at all in DC. Just like to see a little fairness.

G-Runit, I read the Scout board and there is a reason Williams did nothing last night. I wish one of the reporters would mention why or BK would. If I mention it I would get in trouble but a good reason.

62% shooting by Northwestern.
The 31-0 run was the biggest run in Big Ten history.

Hang in there. Pikiell is an excellent coach and you'll be heading to the Tourney soon. Much sooner than our wait to get there.
The 31-0 run surely did us in and too bad it had to end that way. However, we had the ball for 20+ possessions during that time and couldn't score anything. At least run some plays where you draw a shooting foul even if you can't buy a basket. Probably something to be learned from it and I'm sure the CS took note.
Played a very good second half considering and shot 52%.from the floor. Hard to believe with all the 3' s we made that we would lose so badly.
But it was a great tournament for us and we did prove something. Better things are ahead for the program and we'll keep adding the pieces and adding wins too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT