ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 Tourney 2nd round game thread: RU-Northwestern

We are likely going to lose but at least there are now 20 people in the seats behind our bench. [roll]

Serious comment: I think Corey may need glasses. I notice he often misjudges the position of defenders and passes it to them erroneously.

To add insult to injury a lot of our "fouls" have been pretty ticky tacky. I know were getting blown out but really does kill any shot at momentum swings

Reactions: soundcrib
Serious comment: I think Corey may need glasses. I notice he often misjudges the position of defenders and passes it to them erroneously.
I was actually thinking the same thing when he missed the three, as well as watching him try to focus when he's at the line. But my next thought is always, he has access to free eyesore, including contacts, so he'd probably avail himself of that rather than miss shots.

Sanders game plan with his grandmother was 2 years at Rutgers. IE. Body language.

I was actually thinking the same thing when he missed the three, as well as watching him try to focus when he's at the line. But my next thought is always, he has access to free eyesore, including contacts, so he'd probably avail himself of that rather than miss shots.
I ended up finding out I needed glasses between sophmore and junior year of HS. Made a HUGE difference in seeing the rim so clearly with contacts in. Ended up hitting 93 3's senior year

Last edited:
Reactions: RutgersRaRa
We miss the shots we can't afford to miss.
We just miss a lot of shots in general. 35% today about par for the course. When the other team's shooting 56% and you're getting out rebounded. Hard to compete.

Tireg-legs-quote-run-quotes.jpg

RaRa, exactly. He seems to have a depth perception problem, which is affecting his outside shooting as well as his passing. Just a hunch that his vision is somehow impaired, but I hope he gets an eye exam in the off-season.

I know there are a list of reasons for this result but Gettys does not match up well against this team. He's just too slow to play these athletic bigs. It happened the other games we played against them as well. He can't cover the switch, they're getting wide open under the basket every play. I know we have nobody else and everyone loves the kid, but he's been getting played out defensively all game.

RaRa, exactly. He seems to have a depth perception problem, which is affecting his outside shooting as well as his passing. Just a hunch that his vision is somehow impaired, but I hope he gets an eye exam in the off-season.
His form on his free throws needs a lot of work, which is also true of his jumper. He brings his elbow across his body, which is wasted motion and easier to block. Not everyone can shoot with their elbow to their side, especially if they developed wrongly when they were younger, but a free throw is a pretty easy thing to get the right form on. A jumper is a different issue. Then there are some nights when he is dead on, banks shots over guys, so that doesn't suggest it's his eyes.

Sanders is a "really good looking kid" per Dakich. Don't want to mess that up with glasses, even stylish ones.

The only thing holding back Corey Saunders is HIMSELF. He has great talent but his mental immaturity is killing him. His temperament affects his game so much one if the reasons why he is underwhelming at the foul line. If he can get that under control and stay even keeled he will flourish if he doesn't this is what he will be for the rest of his career

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT