ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Build Fund Progress

I have a feeling / hope Hobbs & Sarah & crew get a few big gifts for the soccer / lacrosse facilities from donors closer to those programs. They've somewhat hinted at that a few times and said they're hoping to close on some big ones this Fall. We'll see but hopefully there are some gifts in the works that will move the needle.

The half million raised I have to think was through smaller crowdfunding type efforts such as the $81k for #81 . So I would think in 2 months, $500k from those type of efforts is actually really good.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
How is it possible with so many alumni, to have only 2800 donors? That, to me, is insane!

How is it possible with so many alumni, to have only 2800 donors? That, to me, is insane!
Because most alumni have priorities other than athletic facilities. I would guess very few posters on this board have donated to the Rutgers library funds. I'm sure just about everyone here agrees that libraries are a critical part of a university, but most don't donate because it is not a priority for them.

The real question is why do only a fraction of season ticket holders donate, even though athletics is a priority for them.

Because most alumni have priorities other than athletic facilities. I would guess very few posters on this board have donated to the Rutgers library funds. I'm sure just about everyone here agrees that libraries are a critical part of a university, but most don't donate because it is not a priority for them.

The real question is why do only a fraction of season ticket holders donate, even though athletics is a priority for them.
Interesting point. How many here donated to none athletic departments?

Updated today but from 30 September.

$74,035,092 on 3014 donors, or an increase of $800k on 136 new donors.

I know its their job, but I feel for the folks who are out there every day calling and soliciting new donations. Definitely not a very easy task given the product on the field thus far. Hopefully donations will pick up again with a strong basketball season or if the Women's Soccer Team makes a deep tourney push.

I’m wondering when / if they close the bigger fish who wanted to jump in for funding the soccer and lacrosse facilities.

I checked out the women’s soccer game at Nebraska on Sunday and it looks like the facility they have there is very similar (placement and exterior appearance) to what RU is trying to build.

I’m wondering when / if they close the bigger fish who wanted to jump in for funding the soccer and lacrosse facilities.

I checked out the women’s soccer game at Nebraska on Sunday and it looks like the facility they have there is very similar (placement and exterior appearance) to what RU is trying to build.

If the big fish are not engaged by now they are probably not getting engaged.

What is the goal for this fundraising campaign in terms of dollars? Just curious. As a frame of reference, PSU started a For the Future campaign in 2007 that generated more than $2.15 billion in donations over seven years.

Imagine how much it would have been if your athletic department hadn't driven away so many donations with it's history of child rape and coverups -

Oh wait that didn't slow down support for the program one bit did it?

Updated for 31 October

$74,311,552 on 3091 donors. An increase of $276k on 77 donors. Given the crap-tacular start to the season we had, it's impressive we were even able to get that much. Maybe with a strong finish to the football season we can get to $80M.

Almost a year and a half and we're only at $50M if you take out the $25M tax credit. Even less when you account for the practice facility naming rights. That's really sad.

Is that the amount collected so far or is it the amount pledged to the Fund?
As far as I know the $25M is still a pledge and has not yet been approved by the State.

We will easily hit this goal if football or men's basketball becomes successful and grabs some national spotlight in a good way. People in general are not enthused to donate large somes of money to losing programs.

Reactions: koleszar
This is also why Hobbs smartly and successfully went out and negotiated a way to get an advance on some future B1G revenue due Rutgers so we can move forward on certain projects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT