ADVERTISEMENT

BigTen Tournament Thread

A few hours ago bad scouting by MVB was mentioned. Now what?
It still was. He beat #2 Murin by shooting and getting a takedown not going upper body. He beat #3 Parriott by completing a reversal from standing not going upper body. One can still be true. It was a horrible strategy against Omania all he does is upper body and nothing else. He had a few days to get familiar with what he does best.

Someone in the background of Janzers last match had a RU singlet on and was getting loose. I guess the night is over. Not sure who that was.

Though Track has Shawver wrestling Moran from Indiana right now

Crazy that they’re doing a 9th place bracket right now. These kids have been up probably since like 7am if not earlier and have been working all day.

Can Shawver still get an at large bid? Is that a possibility given how he wrestled today?

If Shawver gets an at large that is one hell of a story.

Locked hands killed SeaBass but considering he’s been off the mat for 5 weeks I think he’s going to be fine come NCAA’s. He just needs to gather up and get third. Don’t let up.

Love the run by Van Brill. Proud of this kid.I stand by my comments in the first match but I was always one of the guys supporting him on this site. He deserves a shot at the podium. He’s the guy I’m most happy about right now.

I know pop Van Brill is on this site. Be proud my man. Your boy did well today!

Penn State's Aaron Brooks, the reigning 184-pound champion and John Poznanski's semifinal round opponent, has not been spotted yet in warmups. He suffered an ankle injury and lacerations in his quarterfinal round bout. The idea Poz could get a medical forfeit into the finals is beginning to bounce around. Stay tuned.
Lacerations as in fingernail scratches on the back that drew blood and also a nasty looking bite mark on the upper arm. All courtesy of Nelson Brands of Iowa.

People don't realize ,that MVB's record looks bad on paper, because he was wrestling the top guys in the country and losing squeakers. I think that Murin win, gave him the confidence that he can go with anyone.On a side note, I'm glad Massa got beat by Kemmerer. After that crap he pulled against Drew Hughes from Michigan State ,I hope he gets decked first round

Last edited:
He is completely undersized to compete at 285 in the B1G
I don't think that's the case with Colucci. I just don't think he has the drive or talent to be good at that weight. Look at undersized guys like Tommy Rowlands,Kyle Snyder and Kurt Angle. You can tell when Colucci loses, he walks of the mat like "oh well...that was nice, I lost... I wonder whats on TV tonight?"

Reactions: njsportsphan
Lacerations as in fingernail scratches on the back that drew blood and also a nasty looking bite mark on the upper arm. All courtesy of Nelson Brands of Iowa.
Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. As accomplished and legendary as the Brands Brothers are, they're little angry, scumbags. Nelson Brands is following suit, nicely and as predicted.

Yes, way too long of a day for the wrestlers(the afternoon break was to long). No reason for anyone to be wrestling after 11 at night. Then they have to work out to get some weight off, wake up early and work out again to make weight!

They do the 9th place bracket for all weights that have 8 bids because one of the at large criteria is to finish "one place away from an at large at your conference tournament"

I don't think that's the case with Colucci. I just don't think he has the drive or talent to be good at that weight. Look at undersized guys like Tommy Rowlands,Kyle Snyder and Kurt Angle. You can tell when Colucci loses, he walks of the mat like "oh well...that was nice, I lost... I wonder whats on TV tonight?"

You are cherry picking elite level talent and comparing them to Colucci? If you are going back 20 and 30 years ago (minus Snyder) to find your examples, that's a big stretch. Take any good wrestler and pair them up with excellent/elite wrestlers PLUS be undersized by 20 to 50 (?) pounds and that is a recipe for futility. You questioned his drive and I think you are flat out wrong. Colucci is a guy who goes out on the mat every night as an undersized heavy against the best wrestlers in the country. He rehabbed from a serious knee injury last year to return this year. You think he is wondering "what's on TV" when he couldnt even put weight on his surgically repaired knee for multiple weeks? He is doing this while getting a masters degree and has even higher educational aspirations. And you question his drive? Aggressiveness and talent on the mat is one thing, but he doesnt lack drive.

Is there any way we can find out the results of the Matteo Pellicone results from Rome?

ADVERTISEMENT