ADVERTISEMENT

Blessaun Austin tweet

He put something else up:

Just frustrated i cant be on the field wirh my brothers , thats all

he mocked Ash statement that the rebuild can take six years
something like six years yeah okay..and a lol

Moral killer. Kick him off the team for bad attitude, injured or not. Ash needs to tell team, shut up and play hard you primadonnas, or you can talk a walk too.

Exactly. Everyone in the fan base feels the exact same way but feel like they have to get insulted over this tweet?
Faux outrage is a thing these days. So are online pitchfork and fire mobs. It's so easy to do online. You don't have to face anyone. You just type insults and nastiness from your keyboard and you feel better. The internet really sucks sometimes.

Reactions: bossnj1 and RUfubar
Exactly. Everyone in the fan base feels the exact same way but feel like they have to get insulted over this tweet?
Difference being this is a fan forum, no one expects anyone at Rutgers to read this.

Austin had to know that his tweet would be known by the entire team.

Reactions: JCKnight
Difference being this is a fan forum, no one expects anyone at Rutgers to read this.

If there are any TRUE leaders on this team, they might tweet back to him that he might want to come back and play this season to maybe help shorten the rebuild?

Reactions: Plum Street
Ash has been shutting on Rutgers since he got here. Today he called it a 4 to 6 year rebuild trying to buy himself time. That is classless blaming the kids and lack of depth. It’s year 3 and we got our doors blown off by freaking Kansas lol. Austin is frustrated by this clown. The team was not ready to play that’s classless.

This. And his Recruiting results are hardly in line with a 4-6 year rebuild. They are laughable when you look at his plan. Ash is not rebuilding anything.

If you don’t think the Rutgers coaching staff and players look at the boards where their names are discussed all the time, then I don’t know what to tell you

If you don’t think the Rutgers coaching staff and players look at the boards where their names are discussed all the time, then I don’t know what to tell you
If the Rutgers staff wastes their time reading this board then they should be fired.

Unless they are reading the weather threads, I'll allow that.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
This. And his Recruiting results are hardly in line with a 4-6 year rebuild. They are laughable when you look at his plan. Ash is not rebuilding anything.
Ash can't recruit, and to turn that around he continually hitches his wagon to a freshman QB in hopes of that QB showing that this team has a future.

But predictably that QB only shows that he is not ready to play as a freshman. Thus recruits are not inspired to come here.

That's what I feel I've been watching in the Ash era.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Are you guys seriously getting angry at the kid for blowing off some steam? After all the things everyone has been saying on this board all day? Is the kid not allowed to make a little comment like that? Jesus, its frightening how many of you think the players should have a plantation mentality.

This. The player is only stating the obvious. The truth hurts and many don’t agree with the delivery of the message. Reality check.

He shouldn’t have tweeted that... that would seem to be obvious when you’re a leader of a team that will go through highs and lows throughout your time as a player there.. and knowing you need to handle things in house to keep the group together.

That being said... 6 years?? There are coaches that can turn things around in a third of that time ... and that’s a disservice to the players you have now. I’m tired of the excuses and as I mentioned yesterday, I had been an Ash guy and have given his regime more than enough credit and time and patience. But it’s clearly not working out.

There is NO excuse, as a team in this conference, with this recruiting backyard, to lose that way to Kansas. None. Ohio State was a measuring stick? Change is needed if you’re getting blown off the field by Kansas.

Yes.
And if the locker room has been lost it will take a miracle to get to 3 wins this season.
The excuses have run it’s course. Time for Hobbs to start making plans.

Reactions: BlockR
The bigger joke is that in this three page thread, and despite being asked multiple times, his originally tweet is never copied / quoted here.

Reactions: tico brown
Still havent figured out how to post pics. I'll upload it if someone shoots a message how to easily. I've tried linking to imgur in the past with no luck.

He said it was going to be a quick rebuild don’t think he put a number in it...

Bless probably feels lied to about the program going in the right direction but still he isn’t in the field so he has no business saying stuff
Ash, can't catch, throw, tackle, or kick. Maybe that dick ought get with his team and try some of that because I saw very little of it yesterday.

I can guarantee you he is not the only player that feels this I can guarantee you he is not the only player that feels this way.

Ash is an idiot for saying it's a 4, 5, 6 year rebuild. If you look at it from a current player's perspective, that's like basically saying the guys he has right now aren't the ones to turn it around. The players don't think Ash believes in them. He doesn't know how to lead or motivate his players. He's completely lost the locker room if the best player on the team is tweeting things like this.

Ash is an idiot for saying it's a 4, 5, 6 year rebuild. If you look at it from a current player's perspective, that's like basically saying the guys he has right now aren't the ones to turn it around. The players don't think Ash believes in them. He doesn't know how to lead or motivate his players. He's completely lost the locker room if the best player on the team is tweeting things like this.

Let’s not forget that in Ash’s first ever introductory presser, which had players in the room, he said “I can’t wait to hit the recruiting trail and get some better players” before quickly correcting himself. I always wondered how that would have been so easily ignored by the players.

I don't think coach Ash reads this board....to many good ideas posted and not applied on game days
Ive been saying on here that we should try scoring more points for years, when will the coaches listen?!?

Bless is not wrong. This is not a 4 year rebuild

We beat KU in 15. We have regressed and regressed in a big way. That is on Ash.

Everyone has the right to be angry

Possibly the 1st time I’ve ever agreed with NIRH. Will give him a Like if I can remember.

How do you say that in a press conference. Forget the current players (who he obviously doesn't think anything of for getting where he wants to), but literally ALL you have going for you is that you can try to recruit better, and how do you recruit anyone when you say it could be a 6 year rebuild but you hope not? What player would want to be a part of that!? You don't think other coaches may also mention that in their meetings with the same players? Ash is an idiot when it comes to recruiting, coaching in general.

Reactions: higgins3
I don't blame Austin. Who wants to play on a current team where the coach is saying its a five year rebuild?

What player likes to hear that?

The goal of a successful program is:

A good coach who drills the basics. Being really, really good in the basics wins you games when your talent is not extremely high.
Someone who can recruit diamond in the rough players while also some stand out kids.
Coach a lot and show development of players.
Hire a really good strength and conditioning coach who knows what they are doing.

Sorry, but when I saw the team was doing leg presses and calf raises, I knew the right person was not hired.

The model is being used by the basketball program at the moment. It is working.

Reactions: tico brown
What has Chris Ash done to "rebuild" aside from lobbying for facilities investments?

In year three of Ash vs. before he came:

Are we recruiting better? NO
Are we winning more games? NO
Are we getting more out of the players we already have? NO
Are we at least more competitive against anyone than we've been before his arrival ? NO
Is the perception of the program better overall? NO
Are ticket sales up? NO

Chris Ash in my opinion can just STFU with his needs time to rebuild bullshit..... bc that's all it is, a steaming pile of bullshit. By almost every metric we are worse off as a program now than we were 3 years ago.

Kudos to the best player on the team for calling him out. Bless should be applauded for his candor.

Please stop using the term rebuild. We aren’t rebuilding anything. We had a few nice years in what was a b rated league.

We are now in arguably the toughest division in college football who have years and years of building history and creating top notch facilities and support.

We aren’t rebuilding anything. We are trying to build every single aspect of a program. And we are doing it with one hand behind our back.

This doesn’t take away from the fact that Ash sucks, but any coach that comes here will have the same challenge. We are way behind in every way compared to our peers.

Reactions: higgins3
Please stop using the term rebuild. We aren’t rebuilding anything. We had a few nice years in what was a b rated league.

We are now in arguably the toughest division in college football who have years and years of building history and creating top notch facilities and support.

We aren’t rebuilding anything. We are trying to build every single aspect of a program. And we are doing it with one hand behind our back.

This doesn’t take away from the fact that Ash sucks, but any coach that comes here will have the same challenge. We are way behind in every way compared to our peers.
We got blown out by Kansas and dogs to Buffalo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT