ADVERTISEMENT

Blessaun Austin tweet

Moral killer. Kick him off the team for bad attitude, injured or not. Ash needs to tell team, shut up and play hard you primadonnas, or you can talk a walk too.
Can the players give gat message to their coach as well?

Ash, can't catch, throw, tackle, or kick. Maybe that dick ought get with his team and try some of that because I saw very little of it yesterday.
Perhaps because the coaching staff teaches little and/or what they teach regresses a player's skills. Based on talent (the rankings of the entering classes) Rutgers should be far from the worst P5 team in the country. Yet they are the worst. If Rutgers is playing below the level of their talent, that is on 100% on the coaching staff. This coaching staff, not the players, are arguably collectively the worst in America.

I think everyone's reading way too much into Austin's tweet. I'm sure he was just as frustrated, upset and embarrassed by the loss as the most die hard fans. I agree the players aren't here for a "rebuild", they want to win today, as do we fans. But in the big picture, given the state of the program when Ash was hired, that's not a realistic expectation. Ash's press conference comments are primarily for writers and fans not players. How many 40 - 60 year olds send out knee jerk emotional tweets/texts/emails when they're upset let alone a 20 year old? If the POTUS can blow off steam and tweet stream of consciousness messages daily why can't a college student?

I think everyone's reading way too much into Austin's tweet. I'm sure he was just as frustrated, upset and embarrassed by the loss as the most die hard fans. I agree the players aren't here for a "rebuild", they want to win today, as do we fans. But in the big picture, given the state of the program when Ash was hired, that's not a realistic expectation. Ash's press conference comments are primarily for writers and fans not players. How many 40 - 60 year olds send out knee jerk emotional tweets/texts/emails when they're upset let alone a 20 year old? If the POTUS can blow off steam and tweet stream of consciousness messages daily why can't a college student?
I was with you to the last sentence. Nobody should model or justify their behavior based on what the POTUS does, especially this one, and quite a few others.

I think everyone's reading way too much into Austin's tweet. I'm sure he was just as frustrated, upset and embarrassed by the loss as the most die hard fans. I agree the players aren't here for a "rebuild", they want to win today, as do we fans. But in the big picture, given the state of the program when Ash was hired, that's not a realistic expectation. ...
First off Austin's a scholarship player and should be a leader on this team. He should be trying to rally the troops instead of building a divide (I was going to say wall, but I haven't gotten to your POTUS comment yet). He got hurt and is now "saving himself" for the NFL. Great. We were counting on him this year. I don't want to get into a pissing match with some of you about his potential NFL career. He is getting an Paid For education and could get a job that route. I really like Austin. He should not get caught up in the social media nonsense.

We all heard about the rebuild when Ash first came. Did I want to hear up to six years? No. But seriously, so many of you want him gone. Then another one is going to come in and say "rebuild" and that will be ok as he is a new coach. So many want Schiano back. Would he want to come back? Do we want him back for him to possibly leave again? Was it really greener for him until recently?

I don't know what happened with the mentality of the team, but it was apparent that they were not into it. This happened last year with EM. They were pumped and we weren't. KU was pumped and we weren't.

How is this a rebuild? We were never this bad before. Blown out by Kansas and dogs to Buffalo? I will say Ash did a great job of managing expectations with some of you.

Reactions: MikeRU09
Maybe the locker room is divided?
Maybe if the team had more upperclassmen to teach the freshman and sophomore at each position the team would develop quicker the last three years?
Maybe Ash is a bad coach?
Maybe the assistants are bad coaches?
Maybe they have recruited bad talent?
Maybe the travel team is restricted traveling with only 74 players on Road games and bringing walk-ons to Kansas shows how bad the depth is?
Maybe combination of it all?

Schiano's lost to New Hampshire at home in year 4, 34-24, when he was leading 24-14 at halftime and got outscored 20-0 in the 2nd half. Ish happens. Everyone was calling for Schiano's head after that one. Just let the season play out.

Maybe the locker room is divided?
Maybe if the team had more upperclassmen to teach the freshman and sophomore at each position the team would develop quicker the last three years?
Maybe Ash is a bad coach?
Maybe the assistants are bad coaches?
Maybe they have recruited bad talent?
Maybe the travel team is restricted traveling with only 74 players on Road games and bringing walk-ons to Kansas shows how bad the depth is?
Maybe combination of it all?

Schiano's lost to New Hampshire at home in year 4, 34-24, when he was leading 24-14 at halftime and got outscored 20-0 in the 2nd half. Ish happens. Everyone was calling for Schiano's head after that one. Just let the season play out.

The program that year ( 2004) was in a whole different place. Facilities, Players, etc. compared to where we are today.

Ash addressed this in his presser today, and he did a good job with it. All is well. Rome is not burning over one Tweet.
the problem is numerous other current players Favorited and liked his tweet..its not only the players and fans who are none to happy right now..there will be more to surface soon (not players) if Ash posts a Loss against mighty Buffalo.

Last edited:
the problem is numerous other current players Favorited and liked his tweet..its not only the players and fans who are none to happy right now..there will be more to surface soon (not players) if Ash posts an Loss against mighty Buffalo.
as I said in before, there are more players that feel this way, don't like him, don't respect him, and there is most certainly issues of division here. Not sure how the rest of the season plays out but the kids read the press too.

Perhaps because the coaching staff teaches little and/or what they teach regresses a player's skills. Based on talent (the rankings of the entering classes) Rutgers should be far from the worst P5 team in the country. Yet they are the worst. If Rutgers is playing below the level of their talent, that is on 100% on the coaching staff. This coaching staff, not the players, are arguably collectively the worst in America.

Player forgot how to play after playing for 15 years? I don't buy it.

First off Austin's a scholarship player and should be a leader on this team. He should be trying to rally the troops instead of building a divide (I was going to say wall, but I haven't gotten to your POTUS comment yet). He got hurt and is now "saving himself" for the NFL. Great. We were counting on him this year. I don't want to get into a pissing match with some of you about his potential NFL career. He is getting an Paid For education and could get a job that route. I really like Austin. He should not get caught up in the social media nonsense.
Well I feel like crap. Now that Ash said Austin may be going for surgery. Sometimes I should just keep quiet.

No leader of men should ever insinuate his team/staff/whoever are inadequate. From the start it seems Ash has been in spin mode. That excuse doesn't work in year 3.
In the same line of thought, as a veteran on a young team, this applies to Mr. Austin as well. He had no business (virtually) mouthing off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT