ADVERTISEMENT

Block R Getting Around

RU_PAYBACK

All American
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2008
There is a great effort on Twitter and elsewhere to get free block R magnets to people living far and away. Kudos to the woman and team making this happen.

Maybe to expand this great branding effort we can collectively send R's to men and women oversees who are RU grads &/or fans (along with a care package)?

Also, how about trying to get more restaurants, bars, stores, etc to have a block R on their window in a show of support?

There is a great effort on Twitter and elsewhere to get free block R magnets to people living far and away. Kudos to the woman and team making this happen.

Maybe to expand this great branding effort we can collectively send R's to men and women oversees who are RU grads &/or fans (along with a care package)?

Also, how about trying to get more restaurants, bars, stores, etc to have a block R on their window in a show of support?

there is no team...it's just me! I started doing this in December after Schiano said he wanted to see an R on every car.

so far, multiple in person meet ups to give magnets out, magnets mailed to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, Sweden, Switzerland and 2 different guys in Melbourne Australia who didn't know the other existed but are going to try to get together and watch some RU sports. I also put extra magnets on every car I see that has an R on it or a Rutgers decal in the window.

The best one, and I don't think it gets topped:

I found an RU grad in Siberia. Yes, Siberia, Russia. he graduated in 2008, went overseas to teach English as a second language, met his wife and now they live in her home town of Siberia. I put a box of stuff together, RU marketing added some stuff and yesterday they mailed the box to him. UPS thinks it's going to get to Siberia by Monday but I have my doubts. He promised me a photo and video when he gets the stuff. I'll be sure to post it here.

if anyone outside of NJ wants magnets mailed to them let me know. I just ask that you cover the postage of $3.50 (more if outside the US).

there is no team...it's just me!

so far, multiple in person meet ups to give magnets out, magnets mailed to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, Sweden, Switzerland and 2 different guys in Melbourne Australia who didn't know the other existed but are going to try to get together and watch some RU sports. I also put extra magnets on every car I see that has an R on it or a Rutgers decal in the window.

I found an RU grad in Siberia. Yes, Siberia, Russia. he graduated in 2008, went overseas to teach English as a second language, met his wife and now they live in her home town of Siberia. I put a box of stuff together, RU marketing added some stuff and yesterday they mailed the box to him. UPS thinks it's going to get to Siberia by Monday but I have my doubts. He promised me a photo and video when he gets the stuff. I'll be sure to post it here.
All Hail @MrsScrew . Nice work!!!

All Hail @MrsScrew . Nice work!!!

8kypoj.gif

there is no team...it's just me! I started doing this in December after Schiano said he wanted to see an R on every car.

if anyone outside of NJ wants magnets mailed to them let me know. I just ask that you cover the postage of $3.50 (more if outside the US).
let me know if you need the Scarlet Eskimo's address up in
Iqaluit Nunavut.

let me know if you need the Scarlet Eskimo's address up in
Iqaluit Nunavut.

you'd like to send to someone in Alaska, or anywhere else in the world send me a message. I provide the magnets. you provide the postage.

you'd like to send to someone in Alaska, or anywhere else in the world send me a message. I provide the magnets. you provide the postage.

I was kidding. I figured you remembered Glen from the Toronto Bowl. No worries. I've sent a few out myself. Good job!

Send some down to the Atlantis in the Bahamas! Seems there are several fans on staff. Received multiple ‘Go RU’ ‘Go Scarlet’ shout-outs from the locals (staff, not tourists) while on my daily runs this week. Surprised but happy that the Block R is being noticed!

Reactions: Scarlet83
@MrsScrew

Thanks for your efforts. Years ago you sent posters down here to Florida to my wife that she had in her classroom. Would love to get some magnets to influence the little Florida kids and plaster on the cars of our small Rutgers contingent.

Let me know how to get you the postage.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Scarlet83

RU owes you another brick on the Scarlet Walk!

awesome job by Mrs Screw!!!!!!!

If you didn't notice, "me" is in "team".

he got the package! Officials grew suspicious however.

Reactions: RU1977
I'm driving a Block R around the Valley of the Sun thanks to @1984 .

I even had a guy at the Waste Management Open say something to me about Rutgers hoops having a good year when he saw the magnet. With so many B1G based Midwestern people here (especially this time of year) I get the occasional Rutgers shout-out.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I'm driving a Block R around the Valley of the Sun thanks to @1984 .

I even had a guy at the Waste Management Open say something to me about Rutgers hoops having a good year when he saw the magnet. With so many B1G based Midwestern people here (especially this time of year) I get the occasional Rutgers shout-out.

you should have extras to hand out to those people! I always keep a handful in my car and in my purse...you never know when someone needs one.

Don't know if it was you, but my company sent me to a career fair at the RAC last week to recruit. When I came out I was happy to see there was an "R" magnet on my car!

Reactions: Bon1674
Don't know if it was you, but my company sent me to a career fair at the RAC last week to recruit. When I came out I was happy to see there was an "R" magnet on my car!

unlikely. I have been putting them on cars at wrestling matches and any of the MBB games I get to. RU has been trying to get some of their interns out while events are going on to put Rs on cars. I even found 2 on my car after a wrestling match....little did they know I had a box of 500 in the trunk.

Reactions: thegock
FYI, depending on how many you send or which ones they R you might be abe to send for the cost of a stamp. The one I sent to Texas and to AZ were the smaller Season tix size and both made it no problem.
I think the newer ones given away don't fit and of course if you're sending multiples that won't work either.
I'm almost out and away so it will be some time before I can grab some more. I think I just donated 1 to the North Carolina Highway Authority yesterday unless a local grabbed it off my car. Still steaming from the Motor City Bowl perhaps.
But you're all over it as usual...

Last edited:
FYI, depending on how many you send or which ones they R you might be abe to send for the cost of a stamp. The one I sent to Texas and to AZ were the smaller Season tix size and both made it no problem.
I think the newer ones given away don't fit and of course if you're sending multiples that won't work either.
I'm almost out and away so it will be some time before I can grab some more. I think I just donated 1 to the North Carolina Highway Authority yesterday unless a local grabbed it off my car. Still steaming from the Motor City Bowl perhaps.
But your all over it as usual...

I'm sending 5 or 6 in a pack. the post office priced it out at $5.00 and called it parcel post. . I've been getting away with 6 stamps and sending it as an odd packaged letter. Not pushing my luck any further.

All of the international people have chosen to get their packages sent via air mail, without tracking so it's been $7 to Europe, $11 to Australia.

One jerk on Twitter stiffed me. Everyone else has graciously paid me or even paid it forward for others.

I'm sending 5 or 6 in a pack. the post office priced it out at $5.00 and called it parcel post. . I've been getting away with 6 stamps and sending it as an odd packaged letter. Not pushing my luck any further.

All of the international people have chosen to get their packages sent via air mail, without tracking so it's been $7 to Europe, $11 to Australia.

One jerk on Twitter stiffed me. Everyone else has graciously paid me or even paid it forward for others.

oh yeah, I get it.
sorry, there's always one. I have my stories.

I'm grateful to Mrs. Screw for sending me 4 magnets. The only 4 in Wenatchee, Wa. for sure. When I first moved here most people thought we were either a small private school or Ivy League. What's a "Rutgers"?

Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT