ADVERTISEMENT

Block R Getting Around

@MrsScrew could use a new one here in the suburbs of Dallas. Let me know how to pay!

thanks for all you do!

You're awesome and what about that view........Wow :HeartEyes:.

yea, that view is crazy gorgeous, but not the one he looks at every day. He sent me a photo of Lake Geneva...that's his view every day.

the view for the R's that made it to Utah is pretty awesome too

k2Tnkw7.jpg

Last edited:
yea, that view is crazy gorgeous, but not the one he looks at every day. He sent me a photo of Lake Geneva...that's his view every day.

the view for the R's that made it to Utah is pretty awesome too

k2Tnkw7.jpg
Ahhhhhh..
If I pay extra postage can you ship me somewhere beautiful along with an :Rutgers magnet?:Laughing

There is a great effort on Twitter and elsewhere to get free block R magnets to people living far and away. Kudos to the woman and team making this happen.

Not only do I have a block R on my car here in New Hampshire, but my NH license plate is RUTGERS. Have had it for years and use to drive cross-country twice a year. You'd be surprised how many RU folks I've met that way. Even had some follow me home, which was a bit eerie.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I'm grateful to Mrs. Screw for sending me 4 magnets. The only 4 in Wenatchee, Wa. for sure. When I first moved here most people thought we were either a small private school or Ivy League. What's a "Rutgers"?

Yeah it seem the further from NJ you get the better the reputation of Rutgers gets.

there is no team...it's just me! I started doing this in December after Schiano said he wanted to see an R on every car.

so far, multiple in person meet ups to give magnets out, magnets mailed to all 50 states, Puerto Rico, the Philippines, Sweden, Switzerland and 2 different guys in Melbourne Australia who didn't know the other existed but are going to try to get together and watch some RU sports. I also put extra magnets on every car I see that has an R on it or a Rutgers decal in the window.

The best one, and I don't think it gets topped:

I found an RU grad in Siberia. Yes, Siberia, Russia. he graduated in 2008, went overseas to teach English as a second language, met his wife and now they live in her home town of Siberia. I put a box of stuff together, RU marketing added some stuff and yesterday they mailed the box to him. UPS thinks it's going to get to Siberia by Monday but I have my doubts. He promised me a photo and video when he gets the stuff. I'll be sure to post it here.

if anyone outside of NJ wants magnets mailed to them let me know. I just ask that you cover the postage of $3.50 (more if outside the US).
Great job! Question for you: if Ash were still here what would you do with all the time on your hands that you put into this? I somehow don’t think there would be much demand. I’m guessing there would be some for basketball and some other sports but on the football side? Not much.

would love a few magnets (we are a 3 car family), i will be at the RAC tomorrow...

there are 3 guys/girls every game at the RAC with a table of Rs for the taking (take more than 3 because you can!). Table is directly behind the handicap section.

Great job! Question for you: if Ash were still here what would you do with all the time on your hands that you put into this? I somehow don’t think there would be much demand. I’m guessing there would be some for basketball and some other sports but on the football side? Not much.

ha. I'd probably be paying more attention to @RUScrew85

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT