ADVERTISEMENT

Boarding a Plane without ID

JayDogSmooth

All Conference
Aug 18, 2006
is this possible to do? I'm at work and forgot my wallet / id at home with all of my credit cards, license, etc. - Will they not let me board the plane? Should I print out a W2 from work or something like that? I'm flying home strictly for The Hunt tomorrow and if I miss it I'm going to be very upset

better go home and get it. make up some excuse: sick, etc. you can't fly in a post 9/11 world without ID.

Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without proper ID, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. TSA officers will request you present two other forms of ID bearing your name. One of the items must bear your name and other identifying information such as photo, address, phone number, social security number or date of birth.

There is no standard list of what alternate forms of ID are acceptable. Examples include: temporary paper driver’s licenses, non-driver IDs, social security cards, birth certificates, marriage licenses and credit cards.

You may also be asked to provide additional information, TSA has other ways to confirm your identity, like using publicly available databases, so you can reach your flight.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification

the above advice MAY work but you are dealing with troglodytes. Somewhat like our Trolls who visit here, do not trust TSA to be helpful or smart. This is the classic situation of if they can make things hard on you; they will more out of ignorance then intentional animosity.
Go home get the correct paperwork.

They'll let you on, but you'll need to go through every single check/verification that they can possibly put you through. That means speaking with the on-duty supervisor who will have to make a call to someone else up the totem pole who will ask you various questions found on your credit report (what street do you live on? how long? what's the cross street? name a relative. where do they currently live? where did you live 5 years ago? etc. This will take extra time, and they may screen you extra thorough since "I forgot my ID" isn't a very strong excuse for not having it. It just sounds suspicious.

(Last year I had my wallet stolen in Vegas and flew back to NJ with ZERO identifying documents.)

PS: Might want to call the airline to advise them of your situation so they can prepare for you ahead of time at the ticketing kiosk.

Reactions: redking
is this possible to do? I'm at work and forgot my wallet / id at home with all of my credit cards, license, etc. - Will they not let me board the plane? Should I print out a W2 from work or something like that? I'm flying home strictly for The Hunt tomorrow and if I miss it I'm going to be very upset

Assume it will take you an extra hour and a half to get through security without ID. That means you need to get to the airport 1.5 hours earlier than usual, or you will miss your flight. So would it take you less time to just go get your wallet?

Reactions: RUChoppin
yes but you have to sneak onto the plane super secret agent style...

hqdefault.jpg

Assume it will take you an extra hour and a half to get through security without ID. That means you need to get to the airport 1.5 hours earlier than usual, or you will miss your flight. So would it take you less time to just go get your wallet?

Not only that but expect to get additional scrutiny from TSA the next few times you fly.

If you left your ID at HOME and you are now flying HOME how did you get to where you are in the first place?
Anyway best of luck airports suck with just regular travel let alone when you hope someone will assist you!

Print up your online credit card statements, especially the one showing the ticket purchase. $$$$

I actually lost my wallet at the Rutgers St. Petersburg Bowl a number of years back. At the airport, I informed them that I lost my wallet and did not have anything with me. They said this happens all the time with people losing their wallets on the Rides in Disney. They asked me a series of questions, where are you going?, who are you traveling with?, What is your address? when was your last flight? SSN?... etc. and then they did a full screening of everything I was carrying. (I actually got through security quicker then my wife who went through the normal procedure.)

If you are checking a bag.. this might be a different situation.

To this day I joke that if I am ever running late at the airport, just tell them I forgot my wallet.

My Wallet was actually found and turned in to the Tropicana Stadium personal, who mailed it back to me with everything intact. IF it was one of you guys that found it and turned it in.. My sincere gratitude.

If you can get it, get it. While you can get through there are variables and then there's the timing of it all.

I fly every day and I've seen so much variation and its consistently inconsistent on Who you deal with.

Like a few others that posted I lost my ID while on vacation and was able to fly home without much hassle. The difference for you is that you are home and trying to fly out on the first leg of your trip and then will have to make a return trip without ID. I can foresee them giving you a rough time on your return since you will have knowingly left home without ID.

They'll let you on, but you'll need to go through every single check/verification that they can possibly put you through. That means speaking with the on-duty supervisor who will have to make a call to someone else up the totem pole who will ask you various questions found on your credit report (what street do you live on? how long? what's the cross street? name a relative. where do they currently live? where did you live 5 years ago? etc. This will take extra time, and they may screen you extra thorough since "I forgot my ID" isn't a very strong excuse for not having it. It just sounds suspicious.

(Last year I had my wallet stolen in Vegas and flew back to NJ with ZERO identifying documents.)

PS: Might want to call the airline to advise them of your situation so they can prepare for you ahead of time at the ticketing kiosk.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: RutCorRx
This just happened to me this past Monday at JFK. I was up for the Michigan State game and around 6:00pm I ran into an old roommate that I had not seen in 30 years. My wife and our friends were looking for a different tailgate in the yellow lot but couldn't find it so we hung out with my old roommate. My wife and friends went to see the band come thru and go to the bathroom. I was offered and took an open can of beer as well as a hit off of what I thought was a joint. Needless to say I woke up in Robert Wood Johnson about 6 hours later on a ventilator, and tubes going into every part of my body. BTW - I had no wallet as might be expected.

Made it out to JFK for our flight an hour early on Monday after discharge. It was actually harder to get from NB to JFK without a credit card than it was to get past TSA. My wife had my son send a copy of my passport picture and she managed to print it out. TSA was simple but it took an hour. Made it thru 1 minute after the doors shut so we got to wait an additional 4 hours for the next flight.

Good time was had by all!!!

This just happened to me this past Monday at JFK. I was up for the Michigan State game and around 6:00pm I ran into an old roommate that I had not seen in 30 years. My wife and our friends were looking for a different tailgate in the yellow lot but couldn't find it so we hung out with my old roommate. My wife and friends went to see the band come thru and go to the bathroom. I was offered and took an open can of beer as well as a hit off of what I thought was a joint. Needless to say I woke up in Robert Wood Johnson about 6 hours later on a ventilator, and tubes going into every part of my body. BTW - I had no wallet as might be expected.

Made it out to JFK for our flight an hour early on Monday after discharge. It was actually harder to get from NB to JFK without a credit card than it was to get past TSA. My wife had my son send a copy of my passport picture and she managed to print it out. TSA was simple but it took an hour. Made it thru 1 minute after the doors shut so we got to wait an additional 4 hours for the next flight.

Did you still have both kidneys?

LOL, Vegas is used to people leaving empty handed. Think about all of gamblers boarding the plane home without shirts! [jumpingsmile]

Wait till the last minute then run past security and hop on your plane, without stopping for anything.
Take a seat and kick back.
Since you don't have ID , Airport security won't know who to arrest and you'll be home free

Uuuuuuhhhhhhh ..... what?

Reactions: RU5781

Wait, your old roommate offered you these items, or a random person at the tailgate?
Moral of the story: don't take open beers or hits from strangers.

We are still waiting for the backstory on this, as well as the result of what I can only assume was your autopsy.

Reactions: PhDKnight

That is the best use of the phrase "needless to say" that I have ever seen. Incredible.

Yikes. What did the hospital say was wrong with you? Maybe you were sexually assaulted.

If this is true RU85, you sure are pretty laid back about this. I was reading this expecting I went to a tailgate and "Yada, Yada, Yada" 6 hours later
I woke up at Robert Wood Johnson.

Not trying to be overly casual -- I've had plenty of serious conversations this week. To answer some questions, I have both kidneys and don't believe I was sexually assaulted - but I did have a tube shoved up an out hole. I wish nobody ever has a catheter up their Johnson.

Doctors really have no idea exactly what it was but one of the guys leaned into my wife and said it was synthetic pot. Dr said I did not have a seizure like many do on that stuff around NJ. Seems to be some bad shit out there.

As far as the wallet, we cancelled everything without thinking. We were planning on heading to NYC on Sunday morning for Le Mis and Lugars. That is why we were leaving from JFK. Tried to rent a car on Monday but rental places would not take my wife's debit card. Took train to NYC planning on then heading to JFK.

When I was on the train we called Delta and told story. Told us we could get off in Newark and they would let us change flight with no fees. We got off train, boarded shuttle and the delta agent and supervisor then told us it would be $900 each to change because of higher rate. After screaming at them that I didn't have my wallet I downloaded Uber onto wife's phone and hooked her debit to it. Took uber to JFK and the tried to get thru TSA for an hour.

Bottom line is I'm fine but head is still foggy. Late night Mets games not helping me get sleep I need.

Bottom line is be careful.

Not trying to be overly casual -- I've had plenty of serious conversations this week. To answer some questions, I have both kidneys and don't believe I was sexually assaulted - but I did have a tube shoved up an out hole. I wish nobody ever has a catheter up their Johnson...

Bottom line is I'm fine but head is still foggy. Late night Mets games not helping me get sleep I need.

Bottom line is be careful.
You have two bottom lines here, so we're gonna need you to narrow it down for us since one is synthetic.

I did a 4 leg trip, NY/LA/Portland/Denver a few years ago with no photo ID. At each airport I had to produce non photo id's and agree that I could be subject to "additional searches" but that never happened. At Denver as they were politely whisking me through, the young male of middle eastern decent (or so he looked) with full ID heading back to college had his bags torn apart, patted up/down/in and out.......but they didnt look twice at me sans ID

Tell them you're an illegal alien in Spanish. You'll probably get a break on your fare too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT