ADVERTISEMENT

Bullock redshirting?

LKAP13

All Conference
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
I figured we would have seen him in the last few minutes tonight if he wasn't. Unless I missed something and he's injured.

I hope Bullock isn't the "numbers will work itself out" casualty BK mentioned the other day in the recruiting thread. Bullock's a nice, hard working player. He can find a role in his 4 years here. I hope it's a redshirt situation.

Reactions: drewbagel423
I hope Bullock isn't the "numbers will work itself out" casualty BK mentioned the other day in the recruiting thread. Bullock's a nice, hard working player. He can find a role in his 4 years here. I hope it's a redshirt situation.
Yeah especially since he's a freshman and one of Pike's first recruits.

Reactions: soundcrib
He played against Malloy, I don't think he has seen any time since then. What are the rules for redshirting in BBALL? In football one game and your RS is blown, does it work that way here too?

Nine guys off the bench played. The walk-ons. But not Bullock. He was all-state, even if he is a tweener.
Got to be a reason Bullock didn't play, and hope he is redshirting because ranking behind the walks-ons and not getting into a rout says something.
TL

Also, Malloy is a D-2 school. The win doesn't count towards a tourney bid but the stats count on the players records, would that make a difference toward a RS?

When was this commented ? Link?

Good point, Redshirt rules say if the player was on the court even briefly during a game, that counts as a season of eligibility used. But maybe playing a D2 school doesn't count?
TL

I figured we would have seen him in the last few minutes tonight if he wasn't. Unless I missed something and he's injured.
I was wondering the same. He wasn't dressed so I assumed he may have been injured. But maybe not.....

Not red shirting. Why would we want his scholarship taking up 5 years.

There is a reason he isn't playing. Unless he is hurt he hasn't earned time.

He also played about 30 seconds in another game after Molloy so he's played in two games.

To redshirt you cannot play at all in any competition. So he cannot redshirt. He could get a hardship waiver if he is hurt and unable to play. As others have said, I doubt if it is something we should or need to worry about. As with football, if the programs improve at the rate they need to, we won't need to worry about eligibility issues with current players. Sorry if that is a bit harsh.

I have a feeling Bullock has tendinitis or some other mysterious ailment that will enable him to redshirt. Seems to happen the same way in football where someone will play the first game or two and then redshirt. Way of getting around the rules.

Reactions: RU85inFla
there is always roster turnover every year on every roster even if at this point, you do not see who would be the one to go

I have a feeling Bullock has tendinitis or some other mysterious ailment that will enable him to redshirt. Seems to happen the same way in football where someone will play the first game or two and then redshirt. Way of getting around the rules.

Think about the fishies in the class of 2020 pond right now. A Bullock redshirt takes one pole out of the water.

Reactions: bac2therac
my buddies and I were wondering the same thing during the game. we felt if he didnt go in by the 5 min mark something was up.

I am guessing the beat writers are wondering the same, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets addressed in the next couple of weeks.

There can be any number of things going on -
(1.) remember Pikiell had a quick assessment of the squad - then quickly got Bullock on board - at that time Pikiell may have thought - getting a guy with a super high 'motor' will be exactly what this 'semi-sleepy' squad needs - - this go-go-go 6-4/ 240 bundle of hustle .... Ah but then the entire team quickly began buying into Pikiell's plans & getting into shape - and becoming go-go-go themselves ... so that 'special spark / intangible' that Bullock might have uniquely provided - is now seen all over ...
(2.) Bullock is a freshman - have no idea of what he is studying - but sometimes freshmen with tough majors can struggle in the classroom - even when they are working their butt off... always have to remember that the D-1 athletes who are earnest students are shouldering significant loads - and for some the first year can be a huge adjustment
(3.) could be an injury that has him temporarily on the shelf ... and/or pondering a red-shirt
(4.) maybe Ash has spoken to Pikiell & said - high motor? doesn't mind hard contact? lots of hustle? ...good hands... 6-4... 240 (could he build to 260?) - don't get him hurt - send him to me!

Last edited:
(4.) maybe Ash has spoken to Pikiell & said - high motor? doesn't mind hard contact? lots of hustle? ...good hands... 6-4... 240 (could he build to 260?) - don't get him hurt - send him to me!

For real. Sounds like an all-conference TE, DE or even a beast of a Mike to me. Get that young man a helmet and pads!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT