ADVERTISEMENT

Cabinda Bell Sickles Penn State

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
I never dwell on the opposition but when I see linebackers Cabinda from Hunterdon Central, Brandon Bell from Williamstown and Sickles from Red Bank absolutely blowing up OSU it stings.. 2 sacks by Sickles . 30 tackles combined by the other two. I am always proud of our home grown talent but when the talent is entertaining folks west of the Delaware instead of next to the Raritan it hurts. No I didn't just discover Peppers and Gary and Clement and Wadley . I have been watching carpet baggers for 40 years..

Reactions: knightsru and MozRU
Blows my mind that Flood did not want Cabinda. He was going to Cuse at one point.

Don't forget Blacknall, who had a big catch to set up a TD; Bowen, who had 11 tackles; Gesicki, who was PSU's leading receiver; Mahon, who has been grading out among the best tackles in the country over the last month; and Reid, who continues to be an island at corner in what looks like an all-B1G sophomore season.

(Hopefully no one takes this too seriously. Just having some fun on the best Monday I've had in a while.) :sunglasses:

Don't forget Blacknall, who had a big catch to set up a TD; Bowen, who had 11 tackles; Gesicki, who was PSU's leading receiver; Mahon, who has been grading out among the best tackles in the country over the last month; and Reid, who continues to be an island at corner in what looks like an all-B1G sophomore season.

(Hopefully no one takes this too seriously. Just having some fun on the best Monday I've had in a while.) :sunglasses:
When Hunterdon Central played Phillipsburg a few years ago, it was on local TV. Cabinda was a load as a running back and it always took multiple guys to bring him down. However, he was invisible as a linebacker. I didn't know that he was even playing LB until the game was over. I guess he got a lot better.

F them all.

You have to be SICK to support a pedophile ... Garrett SICKels, Mike GeSICKi

Reactions: RutgersMO
Like Q Nelson who was also from around here, they both said nice thing RU but once South Bend and State College showed up on their caller ID they were gone. Neither was ever going to happen once the offers came from their dream schools.

Well look at it this way. The HS players are in the state and once RU finds a coach that can keep them home, RU can beat OSU and PSU.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
I never dwell on the opposition but when I see linebackers Cabinda from Hunterdon Central, Brandon Bell from Williamstown and Sickles from Red Bank absolutely blowing up OSU it stings.. 2 sacks by Sickles . 30 tackles combined by the other two. I am always proud of our home grown talent but when the talent is entertaining folks west of the Delaware instead of next to the Raritan it hurts. No I didn't just discover Peppers and Gary and Clement and Wadley . I have been watching carpet baggers for 40 years..

And Manny Bowen...3 Jersey starters at LB.

F them all.

Yeah meanwhile they are going to another Bowl and we are sitting home again in December.

there has got to me more to the story...
According to one of the Mods, RU initially showed no interest in Cabinda but was interested later in the process. I think Cabinda was also hurt and not playing the first part of his senior year.

Flood followed the mantra Schiano started that the player to have to camp at RU to receive an offer from RU....Cabinda never camped at RU, and ultimately never got an offer, then built up resentment towards RU and would never consider them seriously again, even though he decommitted from Syracuse and RU obviously made sense....This is from a parent, I personally know whose son played on the same HS team as Cabinda.

RU still has this insane practice now under Ash, requiring kids to camp at the school if they are in state, in order to get an offer (Outside of the obvious 4* and 5* kids).

Reactions: redking
if youve ever seen the PSU campus vs the Rutgers campus, you'd understand why so many kids choose PSU over RU. Doesn't really compare. And before all of you freak out i went to both schools

if youve ever seen the PSU campus vs the Rutgers campus, you'd understand why so many kids choose PSU over RU. Doesn't really compare. And before all of you freak out i went to both schools

I call BS. I've been to both, and Penn State is all right. That's it. It's no Princeton.
We're not losing kids over that. Not at all.

Reactions: ru8081
I call BS. I've been to both, and Penn State is all right. That's it. It's no Princeton.
They have a beautiful campus, it's nice because it is a college town entirely. Similar to Ithaca in my mind. I love RU more but obviously I'm biased

Reactions: jerseylion109
I'd say it was a combination of Penn St being well known ( leaving out issues discussed about that school) Rutgers not being considered a top program. The size of their stadium along with Nit fans backing their school 100%.
Then you have the just want to go out of state recruits that don't want to stay in Jersey but play close enough to home for family and friends to catch a couple of games.
For years Rutgers was not high on NJ HS talents list of schools to go to and RU was starting to have that talent look RU's way, but hasn't shown it will be they type of program that top talent picks to spend 4 years at.

Let Ash start showing he's capable of making RU a winner and he'll be a winner in the recruiting wars once Jersey talent starts feeling Rutgers can be one of the better B1G programs and the State starts being proud of RU.

Reactions: ruthetiger

Mahon was going Rutgers but then Schiano left. PSU beat out Rutgers for Blackbail but he sucks. PSU beat out Rutgers for Gesicki - RU thought they had a real good chance there. PSU beat out Rutgers for Sickels - always had the lead but we chased him but lost. Rutgers didn't show Cabinda interest. John Reid was never really interest in Rutgers - per previous he went to a phill high school that Rutgers doesn't have a strong relationship with. Oh and Barkley committed to Rutgers forever until Flood revealed his true colors.

I think that's it.

And Manny Bowen...3 Jersey starters at LB.

Bowen is turning into a beast. His progression this year is way ahead of where I thought he would be at this point. Not sure where he initially was projected but right now he is turning out to be a very good LB.

According to one of the Mods, RU initially showed no interest in Cabinda but was interested later in the process. I think Cabinda was also hurt and not playing the first part of his senior year.

Exactly right.

As an FYI, I posted in another thread that PSU had eight NJ starters on Saturday night. It wasn't meant to be a flame but someone said they were role players and I disagreed.
  • Bell & Cabinda combined for 31 tackles...Bell had 19.
  • Sickels was suspended for the 1H. He totaled 9 tackles and 3.5 TFL (2.5 sacks) while only playing half the game.
  • Reid is becoming one of the best cover CBs in the league and was lights out Saturday (did have the fumble though).
  • Mahon back to RT - solid.
  • Gesicki had a drop but gutted out an injury and has been a different player this season. Still can't block.
  • Blacknall made one of the two 50/50 deep ball catches.
  • Manny Bowen is now a starting LB.

Mahon was going Rutgers but then Schiano left. PSU beat out Rutgers for Blackbail but he sucks. PSU beat out Rutgers for Gesicki - RU thought they had a real good chance there. PSU beat out Rutgers for Sickels - always had the lead but we chased him but lost. Rutgers didn't show Cabinda interest. John Reid was never really interest in Rutgers - per previous he went to a phill high school that Rutgers doesn't have a strong relationship with. Oh and Barkley committed to Rutgers forever until Flood revealed his true colors.

I think that's it.
PSU beat out Osu for Gesicki, urban went after him hard.

Reactions: Nihilist Rodgers
It's all about history. PSU built a program while we were farting around trying to be an Ivy League wannabee. No leadership or vision in either Trenton or New Brunswick. A serious commitment was needed the moment RU became the State University. The loss of the CFB HoF to NYC, then South Bend then to wherever the hell it is now was criminal.

The kids will always be attracted to the mega stadiums and great facilities. We need upgrades and support. Otherwise we will be a second thought with an occasional uptick. Worse yet, we need to avoid becoming a clone of Cuse, BC, UConn or a perennial B1G bottom feeder. In short it takes cash and commitment

Exactly right.

As an FYI, I posted in another thread that PSU had eight NJ starters on Saturday night. It wasn't meant to be a flame but someone said they were role players and I disagreed.
  • Bell & Cabinda combined for 31 tackles...Bell had 19.
  • Sickels was suspended for the 1H. He totaled 9 tackles and 3.5 TFL (2.5 sacks) while only playing half the game.
  • Reid is becoming one of the best cover CBs in the league and was lights out Saturday (did have the fumble though).
  • Mahon back to RT - solid.
  • Gesicki had a drop but gutted out an injury and has been a different player this season. Still can't block.
  • Blacknall made one of the two 50/50 deep ball catches.
  • Manny Bowen is now a starting LB.
I agree not one of those players were role players. Matter fact those are most of our top kids lol

The good news about something like that is if and when Rutgers gets good enough to keep a lot of these great players home it will not only make us better it will make our rivals weaker and force them to look for top recruits in non-big ten states the way some of them should be (yes I'm looking at you michigan). The ability to make this happen lies largely within our program.

I agree not one of those players were role players. Matter fact those are most of our top kids lol

It truly was a team effort but Bell and Cabinda were everywhere in the 1H and Cabinda ran that defense like Manning runs an offense. Meanwhile, Sickels racked up an entire game's worth of stats in 30 minutes.

Still think Reid is the second best player on our team right now.

It truly was a team effort but Bell and Cabinda were everywhere in the 1H and Cabinda ran that defense like Manning runs an offense. Meanwhile, Sickels racked up an entire game's worth of stats in 30 minutes.

And Cabinda is back next year too! Sickels coming out party that dude was a force.

Reid is a special kid, I felt so bad for him when he dropped that put but I just knew he would make up for it.

F them all.

First of all, the pedophile is gone and they aren't supporting him. If you meant something else, then say that. There are a lot of posters on here who I empathize with but when it comes to you?

X3TeVee.gif

I think that's it.

Blacknall doesn't suck. He's been injured. Like Barkley, he was a late flip.

Reid was an ND/PSU battle.

Gesicki was an OSU/PSU battle.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
Blacknall is pretty average. The defense sure looked good.
Blacknall has a broken bone in his hand? Wait till he heels up he's a very talented kid. One of our strengths is our WR's it just hard for one of them to put up big numbers, plus we got Barkley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT