ADVERTISEMENT

Cabinda Bell Sickles Penn State

I thought I just did the same for you with regard to how a visitor should behave/act.

Guess it went over your head.

You have a great site to talk about your school, how about you head over and engage your gang instead. And take your pals with you.

Tough guy jersey bro over here...lol

I appreciate your abstract view of "visitors" and "natives" on a web site.

Happy Friday to you too, sir.

Tough guy jersey bro over here...lol
Thanks for making it even easier to prove my point. LOL

Come on, man....everybody on here (from @bac2therac, @RU4Real , @RU848789 to @ruhudsonfan ) knows the term bro is used for london broil, brah is dude/guy. If you want to stick around at least get our lingo right.

Enjoy your Friday too. Sun is trying to come out here and I can hear/smell the ocean.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruhudsonfan
PFF graded out Mahon at 87.6, which was one of, if not the highest grades for an OT this weekend. Independent of what happened around him, that is a dominant individual performance. In fact, from PFF directly: "The star on the offensive line for the third straight week was RT Brendan Mahon, who dominated the Ohio State front on the ground, combining particularly well on double teams to blow the Buckeyes’ defensive tackles out of the middle of the play and disrupt the linebackers behind them."

You're revealing yourself as knowing little about the game and having an inability to examine the game beyond looking at box scores.
LOL. Jets had one of the best run D a few weeks ago because no one bother to run against them because their 2ndary is worst. Mahon did well compared to the rest of the line. If he dominated, why didn't PSU just keep running behind him for big yards on the ground? Someone ranked Laviano high last year too because of his completion %.

LOL. Jets had one of the best run D a few weeks ago because no one bother to run against them because their 2ndary is worst. Mahon did well compared to the rest of the line. If he dominated, why didn't PSU just keep running behind him for big yards on the ground? Someone ranked Laviano high last year too because of his completion %.

You're a lost cause. See if you can get a copy of the game tape, and ask your local high school offensive line coach to break it down with you. I've got nothing else.

You need to go.

As a visitor/guest you are starting to wear out your welcome.

I didn't lump you in with the rest before but you are now sitting at that table in the cafeteria. Clean your tray and leave.

I think you have to know that my comments are a large part sour grapes.

I think you have to know that my comments are a large part sour grapes.
Watch yourself little man...

0358063d-e320-4d45-871b-99acab48e775_l.jpg

LOL

Nice. Then you should know that Gesicki leads the B1G in receptions and receiving yards by tight ends. He's another guy who will play on Sundays. Is he Gronkowski? No. But you seem to throw that "bust" word out there a little too easily.
I seriously doubt he plays on Sundays. If he does great. But your thoughts on his abilities are a bit over the top.

LOL. you know who has been a bust? Hamilton. Wasn't he the #5 player in the country unil Rutgers got their hands on him? Meanwhile, Franklin is turning 2* and WOs into AA and high NFL draft picks.
He was not the #5 player in the country. And the guy gets double teamed every single game. Have you ever watched a Rutgers game?

He was not the #5 player in the country. And the guy gets double teamed every single game. Have you ever watched a Rutgers game?

He was the 23rd-ranked player in his class, according to 247. Not too shabby. And plenty of defensive lineman still impact the game despite being double-teamed. I know injuries have been an issue, so this might not be fair, but in the context of the word being thrown around in this thread: Hamilton would have to be considered a far bigger bust than Blacknall or Gesicki.

While I appreciate the fact that this board allows posters from other schools to drop in and contribute to the conversation, someone who comes here to refer to one of our best players as "a bust" should be regarded as having crossed the line. That shouldn't be allowed...even on this site.

Reactions: CNJKnight

Sorry, #11.

Yep, sure have. Austin Johnson got double teamed every play too and he did just fine.

I can tell you're approaching rustled status. Might want to put me on ignore.

He was the 23rd-ranked player in his class, according to 247. Not too shabby. And plenty of defensive lineman still impact the game despite being double-teamed. I know injuries have been an issue, so this might not be fair, but in the context of the word being thrown around in this thread: Hamilton would have to be considered a far bigger bust than Blacknall or Gesicki.

That is by far one of the dumbest comments I've seen on this board as of yet. Blacknall stinks, no if ands or butts about it. In 2014, in the big ten Hamilton had 45 tackles, 11.5 for a loss and 6 sacks as a 260 lb DT. This year, while his sack and TFL production has dropped off he should still have around the same amount of tackles. He already has 26 TFL in his career at Rutgers. If it weren't for his injury, which led to a slow start for him this year he would probably get close to 35.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Sorry, #11.

Yep, sure have. Austin Johnson got double teamed every play too and he did just fine.

Johnson was a very good player. I won't argue Hamilton is better but i'll say Johnson had more talent around him to help elevate his game and take attention off of him. Saying Hamilton is a bust is absolutely absurd.

Sorry, #11.

How about you take our advice and just go away.

Johnson was a very good player. I won't argue Hamilton is better but i'll say Johnson had more talent around him to help elevate his game and take attention off of him. Saying Hamilton is a bust is absolutely absurd.

Where do we think Hamilton - a former 5-star, elite-level national recruit - will get drafted? I didn't realize the bar for a recruit of that caliber to be successful was to have one good season in a major conference. Again, the injury hurts him. But his college career hasn't been what one would have hoped given his perceived ceiling as a high school player.

Reactions: kjb32812
Think it's time for the mods to think about shutting this Penn St thread down because it's starting to become more arguing and insults than a discussion between fan-bases.

I would remind the Nit posters ( some who are decent contributors) to remember this is a Rutgers board and many RU fans like me are prone to get upset thinking a Rutgers player is being dissed by a fan of another school and one that many Scarlet Members have a huge dislike for.

He already has 26 TFL in his career at Rutgers. If it weren't for his injury, which led to a slow start for him this year he would probably get close to 35.

Once again, I realize health has played a role here, but 1.5 of those TFL have come in the last two years. He's simply not making the kind of impact you'd expect from a recruit of his caliber. Blacknall hasn't set the world on fire, obviously, but he's also missed games due to injury, and more importantly, has had limited opportunities because other talented receivers have also stepped up. Hamilton is playing; he's just not doing much. People here spent the entire off-season saying DT would be a major weakness at Penn State, and PSU has *six* players at that position with as many TFL as Hamilton.

That is by far one of the dumbest comments I've seen on this board as of yet. Blacknall stinks, no if ands or butts about it. In 2014, in the big ten Hamilton had 45 tackles, 11.5 for a loss and 6 sacks as a 260 lb DT. This year, while his sack and TFL production has dropped off he should still have around the same amount of tackles. He already has 26 TFL in his career at Rutgers. If it weren't for his injury, which led to a slow start for him this year he would probably get close to 35.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

Let's be real here. The kid has been a third team All B1G selection. If you're a five star player who is ranked #11 overall coming out of high school and that's your biggest accomplishment then I think it is safe to say he hasn't lived up to the billing. Pretty sure I've read the same type of things on here in regards to a kid named Christian Hackenberg.

Where do we think Hamilton - a former 5-star, elite-level national recruit - will get drafted? I didn't realize the bar for a recruit of that caliber to be successful was to have one good season in a major conference. Again, the injury hurts him. But his college career hasn't been what one would have hoped given his perceived ceiling as a high school player.
This Rutgers fan puts that on injuries and a coaching staff that didn't properly develop him and recruit the type of players that would keep the opposing team from double teaming him in games in the effort to take him out of the play knowing the other RU D-Line members are not to be feared like he is.
When not 100% and not being able to do his best, but still playing , a player does look like he's not playing up to his talent for many people , especially if you're looking for reasons to say he hasn't produced like he was supposed to when recruited.

Sometimes the lack of production expected might be nullified by the opposition targeting the player in their blocking assignments to make it harder for him to disrupt the play. That keeps the player from looking good and makes it look like the player never reached his potential.

Sometimes the lack of production expected might be nullified by the opposition targeting the player in their blocking assignments to make it harder for him to disrupt the play. That keeps the player from looking good and makes it look like the player never reached his potential.

We can fundamentally agree to disagree if you'd like, but IMO, a recruit of Hamilton's caliber is supposed to be able to overcome those challenges and still be able to impact the game. Everything else is just noise.

Take Purdue DT Jake Replogle, for example. He was a 3-star prospect, has battled injuries, and isn't surrounded by world-class talent. In five games this season he has more TFL and sacks, and has made a bigger impact than Hamilton has in eight games.

No matter what shares of the blame you assign to injuries, the coaching staff's ability to develop him, or the fact that he just isn't a standout at this level, there's no getting around the fact that Hamilton has not lived up to expectations.

Let's be real here. The kid has been a third team All B1G selection. If you're a five star player who is ranked #11 overall coming out of high school and that's your biggest accomplishment then I think it is safe to say he hasn't lived up to the billing. Pretty sure I've read the same type of things on here in regards to a kid named Christian Hackenberg.
And most blamed that on the Nit HC not Hack.
Nits blamed Hack and gave Franklin a pass.
This year Franklin has a QB better suited for his offense that you Nits raved about.
But he doesn't seem to be playing like the All American candidate you all claimed he'd look like.
McSorley's having a decent season, but not like this board was told to expect when you were knocking Hack's talent.

And most blamed that on the Nit HC not Hack.
Nits blamed Hack and gave Franklin a pass.
This year Franklin has a QB better suited for his offense that you Nits raved about.
But he doesn't seem to be playing like the All American candidate you all claimed he'd look like.
McSorley's having a decent season, but not like this board was told to expect when you were knocking Hack's talent.

Interesting perspective as I see it completely different. McSorley has played absolutely lights out IMO. My biggest gripe was his hesitancy to run during the first several games and that got fixed against Maryland. I'll be a tough debate here because I absolutely love the kid and he has really limited his mistakes.

All that being said, I never once suggested he would be an AA candidate.

Reactions: dicemen99
Think it's time for the mods to think about shutting this Penn St thread down because it's starting to become more arguing and insults than a discussion between fan-bases.

I would remind the Nit posters ( some who are decent contributors) to remember this is a Rutgers board and many RU fans like me are prone to get upset thinking a Rutgers player is being dissed by a fan of another school and one that many Scarlet Members have a huge dislike for.
Don't shut it down just get rid of them

They have their place and we have ours.

I doubt the guy in charge will do anything.

We can fundamentally agree to disagree if you'd like, but IMO, a recruit of Hamilton's caliber is supposed to be able to overcome those challenges and still be able to impact the game. Everything else is just noise.
very hard to overcome bad defensive schees and being the focus of blocking schemes meant to take the best player on D-Line out when no other D-Lime member steps up to make the opposition pay for focusing on one member of the D-line.
Usually those that are able to overcome injuries , being the center of blocking schemes are on a team that has a defense that will make the opposing opposition pay for making one player on the d-line the target .
So yes we'll disagree about Hamilton , like I disagreed with you Nits about Hackenburg's talents blaming his woes on the Nit HC and will blame Hamilton's woes on the way Rutgers previous coaches didn't develop him,his injuries , surrounding cast and I believe his size was a good fit for Big East style of play ( gained enough weight for this season so it's not a problem) but not B1G play without someone else on the line that the opposition respects enough to take some of the blocking pressure off Hamilton .

He had two consecutive seasons with 40+ tackles and 11.5 TFL. Thats not a bust, it's you not paying attention. And he should have a solid season this year as the season rounds out.

Also, pro potential has nothing to do with this argument. Some of the best college players were horrendous in the pros.

I won't argue that he hasn't lived up to a 5* rating but he isn't even close to a bust. He's going to have 30+ starts and 30 or so TFL in his career. That's a very solid career. That's like saying Chris Muller is a just because he hasn't been named to any all conference teams when he's been a very solid player that started over 40 games in his career.

Once again, I realize health has played a role here, but 1.5 of those TFL have come in the last two years. He's simply not making the kind of impact you'd expect from a recruit of his caliber. Blacknall hasn't set the world on fire, obviously, but he's also missed games due to injury, and more importantly, has had limited opportunities because other talented receivers have also stepped up. Hamilton is playing; he's just not doing much. People here spent the entire off-season saying DT would be a major weakness at Penn State, and PSU has *six* players at that position with as many TFL as Hamilton.

Dude blacknall sucks. He has 1 TD in 3 years! That's what a bust looks like.

I actually like gesicki, for a TE he has produced. Disagree with people calling him that.

I won't argue that he hasn't lived up to a 5* rating but he isn't even close to a bust. He's going to have 30+ starts and 30 or so TFL in his career. That's a very solid career. That's like saying Chris Muller is a just because he hasn't been named to any all conference teams when he's been a very solid player that started over 40 games in his career.

In all fairness, part of my post was because of seeing numerous PSU players being called busts on here. Let's just agree it's easy to call someone else's players busts but not your own.

I agree with you. He's been a solid contributor.

That'd what happens when you have a head coach that employs a S+C that adds probably a grand total of ten pounds to your star DL prospect over 3 years. The majority of weight gains Hamilton has made is under the new staff.

This is the key point. The "bust" thing is subjective, depending on how you measure recruiting expectations versus production. That much I'll give you.

Dude blacknall sucks. He has 1 TD in 3 years! That's what a bust looks like.

Hey, he has 2 TDs! :smiley:

Seriously, though, the kid's played 13 college games; it isn't like he's had 30+ games at this point. He actually entered this season as a starter, but then he got hurt and another former 4-star, DeAndre Thompkins, has emerged as a threat outside. For Blacknall, IMO, it's more about a lack of opportunity versus a lack of ability.

Moving forward, Thompkins left the game against Ohio State and it''s possible Chris Godwin could leave early after the season, so there is still time left - both near and long term - for Blacknall to make an impact.

OR, he could end up getting passed on the depth chart by guys like Irvin Charles and Juwan Johnson. Penn State has very good depth at WR. Time will tell.

Last edited:
I keep reading about getting the Jersey kids to buy in and stay home , but it all has to start with their head coaches who a lot of times are their mentors. I remember Wimbush's coach pushing him towards Notre Dame and now Michigan is on a hiring spree of coaching "assistants". Ash needs to be making these relationships a top priority if the culture is ever to change.

Sorry, #11.

WHy can't you just do all us a favor and go back to your boards? What's with the perverse idea of hanging out on Rutgers boards when your own fans are discussing what a horrible human being MM is for outing JS? You deserve to have to read the cult responses and fight them on how you guys are relevant again.

Considering Johnson and Zettel's schedules were a lot more butter soft than Hamilton's will be overall except for the AAC year allowed them to fatten up on the Illinois, Purdues, and Indiana's far longer than the schedule of playing Nebraska, Wisconsin, OSU, UM, Iowa and MSU over his two Big Ten years not to mention the OOC schedule. Go see SOS of PSU vs RU and then you might be able to say something. Maybe.

Take Purdue DT Jake Replogle, for example. He was a 3-star prospect, has battled injuries, and isn't surrounded by world-class talent. In five games this season he has more TFL and sacks, and has made a bigger impact than Hamilton has in eight games.

No matter what shares of the blame you assign to injuries, the coaching staff's ability to develop him, or the fact that he just isn't a standout at this level, there's no getting around the fact that Hamilton has not lived up to expectations.
Same can be said for Blacknall. High Four Star WR who is not being targeted by QBs because they don't think he's good either. Said WR also not being able to get separation because he's not a good route runner. Not fulfilling high expectations.

He had two consecutive seasons with 40+ tackles and 11.5 TFL. Thats not a bust, it's you not paying attention. And he should have a solid season this year as the season rounds out.

Also, pro potential has nothing to do with this argument. Some of the best college players were horrendous in the pros.
Yes see Arrington, Lavar as example A.

WHy can't you just do all us a favor and go back to your boards? What's with the perverse idea of hanging out on Rutgers boards when your own fans are discussing what a horrible human being MM is for outing JS? You deserve to have to read the cult responses and fight them on how you guys are relevant again.

Damn, you real mad.

Reactions: Cheesesteak Vegas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT