ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb has to be the man with a plan

motel00

Junior
Mar 8, 2007
There has been a lot of discussion and panic on the board about various issues including discontent with the coach, Mag, Hyatt, Cam, our role players, etc. but with all of that said, we were in a position to win against Miami the other night. What we are missing from the last two years is Ron Harper and Geo Baker to close out games. Caleb McConnell is really the only candidate to take up that role. He has to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He has to finish the game either with his shooting or playmaking or get to the line. In my mind there is no other candidate on the team. This has to be the plan. We didn’t have a plan at Miami.

I was pleased how he played offensively. Made me rethink that the ND game may not be an outlier.

Having said that he isn’t a guy I want to see as our primary option when we need a bucket.

Reactions: Unionst
Caleb brings a lot to the team, but he is just not a very good or natural offensive players. He looks tentative and awkward with the ball in his hands on most possessions.

There has been a lot of discussion and panic on the board about various issues including discontent with the coach, Mag, Hyatt, Cam, our role players, etc. but with all of that said, we were in a position to win against Miami the other night. What we are missing from the last two years is Ron Harper and Geo Baker to close out games. Caleb McConnell is really the only candidate to take up that role. He has to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game. He has to finish the game either with his shooting or playmaking or get to the line. In my mind there is no other candidate on the team. This has to be the plan. We didn’t have a plan at Miami.
I agree that Caleb is going to have to attempt to fill the big shoes of RHJ and that may have to include the ball in his hands during crunch time. It didn’t work during Miami but I like to think that Caleb has the guts and ability to grow into and fill that role.🤞🤞

Reactions: Unionst
Caleb hasn't been in that role before. I think he can grow into it. He looked good shooting the other night. The decision making was not great.

I understand injuries and you play with what you have and you are what your record says you are ….but does anyone here doubt that if we didn’t have a healthy Paul and Caleb from day one , that we would not be 7-0 and ranked or almost ranked right now ???

Getting healthy is the only goal right now…and winning as many as possible until then

I’ll take my chances with a full roster…..

Have you watched this team the last few years? Caleb is very very good on defense but was never an offensive threat and never will be. He is a complimentary player on offense.

There’s absolutely no way the offense will run thru Caleb. He’s not that guy. This year is about balance. Everyone contributing. Cam is the best shooter, despite the last game. That’s the exception not the norm.

There is no guy this year. The ball will need to be in Paul's hands at the end and everyone will need to be to be ready to take the last shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT