ADVERTISEMENT

Camden HS standout chooses Pen St over RU

My perspective he is a 2nd team group 2 player. He either has a lot of upside that coaches see in him or he would have rode the bench here

I watched a couple of their games online this year and he seemed pretty good but he didn’t stand out as some type of dominant player...I’m surprised he had an RU offer I wonder if it was committable.

He also did have Lance Ware on his team (headed to Kentucky) and DJ Wagner (top freshman in NJ) so that could be why he didn’t stand out ha.

Reactions: jerzeyguy
Honestly I wasn't impressed by his tape before this decision. Seems like we are aiming for bigger fish now.

Rieber has more upside in the long term. He has excellent length and a nice shot. My knock on Rieber is that he is not that athletic. Moves slow and doesn't seem to be able to jump. I think he will peak as a coming off the bench guy.

Seems like a glue guy who does all the dirty work. Not a bad piece to have, but could be undersized (although seems heavy enough) for a low-post player.

Rieber has more upside in the long term. He has excellent length and a nice shot. My knock on Rieber is that he is not that athletic. Moves slow and doesn't seem to be able to jump. I think he will peak as a coming off the bench guy.

I've read many negative reports on Rieber, to not expect much of anything from him.

Prob a future transfer to a FDU type program in NC

Reiber would be a nice player at somewhere like UNCW -- I wonder if Pike had even taking him, if Cliff committed in the winter.. Then again Pike is a good developer.. Woodley from Camden has solid skills and plays strong & aggressive. Once he gets that muscle to go with that mindset - we'll be noticing him out there. Idk why hes settling for penn st so early, when his offers are gonna up - if he waits

I've read many negative reports on Rieber, to not expect much of anything from him.

Prob a future transfer to a FDU type program in NC

You're pretty concerned about Reiber not being good enough but also about Penn State beating Rutgers for guys both schools offered.

Why don't you go ahead and look at who we beat out for Reiber? Hint: It rhymes with Ten Gate.

Not sleep on Reiber, he from a tough NCHS conference. Should be ready to contribute in 22. Need some time in the gym.

When you have players with multiple offers, the bottom line to me is what the staff sees in the kid.
In Pike (and staff) I trust! Especially now that he has a proven track record for development and an eye for the under the radar guys. Reiber and Mag will be just fine.
The future is very bright now that some of the elite guys are looking...

Why are a few of you taking pot shots at Reiber? Give the kid a chance. We have not even seen him play in person. Some are just so inconsiderate and like to act like they know everything. What makes anyone an expert?

If he can shoot, bring him on!

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Can’t wait for the day Proud gets run off the board. Just like it happened on the SHU board, his time will come

Reactions: bossnj1
Proud NJ sports fan

Give it a rest

you started a thread about a south jersey kid who chose penn state over Rutgers

this isn’t football...you only have 13 scholarships.

And, in the RU case, we have three to give, with one of the three going allotted to a 4 star shooting guard (Jones)...verbal commitment

we have SEVEN guys returning For 2021-2022 for that clearly are front court players (Harper, Johnson, Doucoure, Omouryi, Mag, Palmquiat and Reiber). We don’t have a lot more room for any front court players ...as we lose three guards/wings (baker, young and kiss)

ANY front court player We take in the class of 2021 will be at the top of the list, and a major perceived upgrade to justify having a little less guard/wing depth and pushing a guard recruit to the class of 2022

coach will be picky Hwre

the Camden kid is a nice player...but clearly not at the top of our list with 7 bigs returning...and the low area playing time easier elsewhere...so this is a non-event...and well understood by our fan base

as well, coach deserves some benefit of the doubt on who he recruits and believe he thinks he can develop.

Stop trolling and stop trying to make negative news where there isn’t any ...

This kid is a nobody. Congrats to PSU on getting a kid we've never heard about. They must really suck at recruiting right now

I'm not one of those guys who says if you can shoot, you can shoot anywhere. That said, I think Reiber's shot is fluid and I like the higher release point off his right shoulder. Doesn't block his vision, get's it off quickly. He can even get off the occasional drive. Can he pass? Does he have enough foot speed and muscle to play D? Those are things that S&C and coaching can work on.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I saw him and Ware play quite a bit through the group 2 playoffs. Neither of them are good shooters. Woodley is mostly a rebound/put back scorer although he did play a nice role of clogging the middle on D. IMO he was not very athletic and at 6'7", I am not sure how that will translate in the BIG. He does have another year to grow however.

Ware can jump out of the building but has always seemed very "soft" to me. I was surprised to see that Kentucky is taking him but who knows.

IMO, the real prize there is DJ Wagner. He is only class of 2023 but looks like he will pick up right where his dad and grandad left off. He can already shoot and while small (6'1"), he plays with a nice attacking style. It will be interesting to watch him grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT