ADVERTISEMENT

Campus Rallys and freedom of Speech

The answer is that neither is protected. If you tell someone to their face, "you should be killed," then the First Amendment clause doesn't help you. There is a difference between speech and harassment.

So, I can walk onto campus with a bullhorn and scream that Haiti should be wiped off the map - all good to you.

And you know these domestic terrorists are harassing Jewish students. Why are you defending them so much ?

Last edited:
Students from 9 universities will testify in front of congress about antisemite on campus. Rutgers makes the list as one of the 9.

The current Congress definitely has a reputation for seriousness and honesty.

Personally I'm looking forward to the conflation of Newark and New Brunswick and naming more proud Jewish Americans like Sally Kornbluth as antisemites from people who think those wearing "Camp Auschwitz" sweatshirts are "hostages."

"More Press"

She’s the CEO of Hillel at Rutgers, where more than 6,400 Jewish students are enrolled this year — and that’s just the undergraduates. Rutgers and the University of Florida at Gainesville regularly swap the honor of being the public university with the largest number of Jewish students in the country.

But yeah. Definitely parents are sending their kids to be hated. Definitely, there were never frat houses egged before October, who ever even heard of that. I especially like the picture of students dealing with "hatred of Israel on campus." Surely, no one would say students protesting Xi or Putin would make Chinese or Russian American students forced to deal with "hate" but...yeah...I guess anything to distract from the reality and cause scandal where there isn't, and especially the main goal, obfuscate the actual anti-semitism emanting from the people dining with Kanye West, the people supporting Elon claiming Jews are pursuing the "Great Replacement", etc

Another terrible day for Rutgers. Another black eye for the university. The university can not get antisemitism under control:

Joe Gindi, a student at Rutgers University, had similar things to say about his school.

“It has become clear that some members of the school’s administration and faculty are complicit in allowing — and even encouraging — this hate to grow,” Gindi told the committee. “On November 17, the Students for Justice in Palestine stormed the Rutgers University College Avenue student center and took it over. I was just standing outside of the student center. I was shouted at, I was called a murderer. People screamed at me: ‘We don’t want Zionists here.’ They called me a ‘European colonizer’ because I am Jewish, the irony of this being my family came to America from Aleppo (Halab), Syria.”

Gindi described a second incident in which the administration not only ignored antisemitism but actively facilitated it.

“On November 27, SJP decide to march in and take over the business school, chanting, disrupting classes, and turning the building into an area Jews were afraid to enter,” he said. “This was not only allowed but literally encouraged by members of Rutgers’ administration. One administrator literally held the door open as SJP agitators violated school conduct and entered the building.”

• Sad
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Not shouting about politics on a college campus! No where in the whole testimony was it specifically about religion, and in fact it mentions that the egging incident was just a bunch of morons throwing eggs at anyone they could.

This student says he is from Brooklyn. Why then did he come to RU from OOS if it is so terrible?

Not shouting about politics on a college campus! No where in the whole testimony was it specifically about religion, and in fact it mentions that the egging incident was just a bunch of morons throwing eggs at anyone they could.

This student says he is from Brooklyn. Why then did he come to RU from OOS if it is so terrible?
Is this a defense of the behaviors listed in this thread? Difficult to understand

You’ll see a pattern
Always an excuse to justify
Then the obligatory deflection to Trump

I learned from the best.

You refused to condemn the murder of a 6 year old boy in this thread. Guess his killer's news sources? Oh!

Though I leave the support for the guy who dines with Kanye and Nick Fuentes to you.

Is this a defense of the behaviors listed in this thread? Difficult to understand

No I definitely condemn throwing eggs. I just realize that when people drive around a college campus throwing eggs at people, it's not because the school is anti-Semitic, especially when it's the most or second most Jewish college in America. Much like I realize there are Jews who aren't Zionists, so disagreeing with Zionism isn't anti-semitic, no matter how much people try.

Put him on ignore years ago, he's a moron wrapped around an idiot, just an asshole in general.

I love when the Gateway Pundit's saddest subscriber weighs in to inveigh against free speech, proving he doesn't have me on ignore because he's obssessed.

You're on the wrong board, Ron. You meant to click on the thread about Durham's big indictments and how the 1023 form was taking everyone down and how the red wave would save you.

I learned from the best.

You refused to condemn the murder of a 6 year old boy in this thread. Guess his killer's news sources? Oh!

Though I leave the support for the guy who dines with Kanye and Nick Fuentes to you.
Nice try dickhead
It is awful that an innocent 6 year old died

And I’m not a Trump supporter and him dining with those 2 dirtbags is awful

Try again

Like I said….always an excuse and a pivot to Trump

Reactions: Postman_1
If you don’t support Trump this election, you are supporting this scumbag

Meme Reset GIF by PEEKASSO

YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND LIKE IT!!!

Last edited:
No I definitely condemn throwing eggs. I just realize that when people drive around a college campus throwing eggs at people, it's not because the school is anti-Semitic, especially when it's the most or second most Jewish college in America. Much like I realize there are Jews who aren't Zionists, so disagreeing with Zionism isn't anti-semitic, no matter how much people try.
It’s all still targeting Jewish students on campus. It sure seems like you’re defending it.

Nice try dickhead
It is awful that an innocent 6 year old died

And I’m not a Trump supporter and him dining with those 2 dirtbags is awful

Try again

Like I said….always an excuse and a pivot to Trump

Try? Anyone can read your response and your bothsidism on various topics. Ironically, though, the one topic where a ton of bothsidism is merited- where extremists in Israel and Gaza and here, on both sides, fan the flames with violence, that is the toughest.

It’s all still targeting Jewish students on campus. It sure seems like you’re defending it.

No I read the testimony and if people are vandals they should be punished. It said quite clearly all kinds of people were attacked. Also saying "f'n Zionist" isn't really targeting unless saying "f'n conservative" or "f'n liberal" is, and while I'm sure you would say the former is a big problem it's all protected speech about political, not religious beliefs. We have a Catholic President who constantly calls himself a Zionist, and yet we have Jewish Americans that stridently reject that label for themselves. I am going to trust them and not people who want to politicize and trust my own 4 years on campus and what I witnessed from Hillel gatherings I attended to seeing Hasidic groups waving the Palestinian flag. Everyone enjoying their 1A rights, no one running to the people who call the Camp Auschwitz sweatshirt wearer a "hostage" to proclaim otherwise. That should be college, regardless of what Bill Ackman or Fox News says.

No I read the testimony and if people are vandals they should be punished. It said quite clearly all kinds of people were attacked. Also saying "f'n Zionist" isn't really targeting unless saying "f'n conservative" or "f'n liberal" is, and while I'm sure you would say the former is a big problem it's all protected speech about political, not religious beliefs. We have a Catholic President who constantly calls himself a Zionist, and yet we have Jewish Americans that stridently reject that label for themselves. I am going to trust them and not people who want to politicize and trust my own 4 years on campus and what I witnessed from Hillel gatherings I attended to seeing Hasidic groups waving the Palestinian flag. Everyone enjoying their 1A rights, no one running to the people who call the Camp Auschwitz sweatshirt wearer a "hostage" to proclaim otherwise. That should be college, regardless of what Bill Ackman or Fox News says.
Sounds like you’re using outlier positions to justify the targeting of Jewish students. Still not a very good look

Reactions: Postman_1 and csphi
More poor press for Rutgers on this issue. In the second tier of highest antisemitic activities. Likely this accounts for multiple campuses.

Try? Anyone can read your response and your bothsidism on various topics. Ironically, though, the one topic where a ton of bothsidism is merited- where extremists in Israel and Gaza and here, on both sides, fan the flames with violence, that is the toughest.
Keep telling yourself they and making excuses

Another RU prof in news but not good this time

"A professor who appeared beside a top Hamas leader was due to speak on “genocide” at Harvard Monday — the same day as a deadline for the university to finally comply with a congressional subpoena demanding answers on antisemitism.

Noura Erakat, an associate professor of Africana studies at Rutgers University in New Jersey, was scheduled to speak on “We Charge Genocide; The Potential and Limits of International Law,” at the school’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies — after months of making anti-Israeli speeches....

But Erakat’s speech appears likely to inflame tensions. From the beginning of the Hamas atrocities committed against Israelis, Erakat has blamed Israel alone for the violence. “Any condemnation of violence is vapid if it does not begin & end with a condemnation of Israeli apartheid, settler colonialism, and occupation,” Erakat posted on X to her more than 176,000 followers on Oct. 7."

All the identity studies are based on hostile ideologies that colleges should clean-up.

"Africana Studies" is what I read Wimsatt was majoring in

• Haha
Reactions: NotInRHouse
Sounds like you’re using outlier positions to justify the targeting of Jewish students. Still not a very good look

Outlier positions? It's in the report you cited. Did you read it? Are you the arbiter of who is Jewish and who isn't?

Keep telling yourself they and making excuses

They? Pronouns? Sad.

Anyone can see your history on this. Equivocating on extremes on this conflict and then bothsiding here in the US is inexplicably partisan.

More poor press for Rutgers on this issue. In the second tier of highest antisemitic activities. Likely this accounts for multiple campuses.

"More poor press" is a report from last year...from Brandeis...on Brandeis...

Fascinating. I guess anything to ignore the fact that applications at RU are through the roof...and it's the largest or second largest Jewish community on any campus in America. Probably have to pre-empt the blockbuster admission figures at RU and every college being attacked by the RWCJ.

Though I don't know, I guess you didn't vet them to determine whether their Judaism is "outlier" or not...maybe they need to rework the figures. Get Bill Ackman on it to see which colleges don't have "outlier" Jewish communities and instead have ones that line up with his version, where they're down with RFK Jr and Elon and their raging antisemitism.

Outlier positions? It's in the report you cited. Did you read it? Are you the arbiter of who is Jewish and who isn't?
It appears it’s rather you who is the arbiter. Yes, you’re citing outlier positions as generally agreed upon. And then claiming it’s a defense for targeting Jewish students on college campuses. Am I misunderstanding?

"More poor press" is a report from last year...from Brandeis...on Brandeis...

Fascinating. I guess anything to ignore the fact that applications at RU are through the roof...and it's the largest or second largest Jewish community on any campus in America. Probably have to pre-empt the blockbuster admission figures at RU and every college being attacked by the RWCJ.

Though I don't know, I guess you didn't vet them to determine whether their Judaism is "outlier" or not...maybe they need to rework the figures. Get Bill Ackman on it to see which colleges don't have "outlier" Jewish communities and instead have ones that line up with his version, where they're down with RFK Jr and Elon and their raging antisemitism.
The report is from December 2023. Not really “last year.”

I don’t see any points of value here. Because applications are up and there is a strong Jewish population at Rutgers, the targeting of Jewish students by other students and staff should not be of concern? I don’t think that would be an acceptable defense for any other group, religious or ethnicity.

They? Pronouns? Sad.

Anyone can see your history on this. Equivocating on extremes on this conflict and then bothsiding here in the US is inexplicably partisan.
I am not equivocating anything
Just more of your arrogant know it all BS

Unlike you…I do not make excuses

That’s your move
Always had been

It appears it’s rather you who is the arbiter. Yes, you’re citing outlier positions as generally agreed upon. And then claiming it’s a defense for targeting Jewish students on college campuses. Am I misunderstanding?

So you're the arbiter of who is Jewish and who is "outlier" Jewish? I didn't realize religion is "generally agreed upon." Because Orthodox and Reform don't exist, right?

So you're not only against free speech but freedom of religion? That First Amendment really rubs you the wrong way

The report is from December 2023. Not really “last year.”

I don’t see any points of value here. Because applications are up and there is a strong Jewish population at Rutgers, the targeting of Jewish students by other students and staff should not be of concern? I don’t think that would be an acceptable defense for any other group, religious or ethnicity.

Oh sorry. I thought it was March 2024. Or is that not the "generally agreed upon" year?

I mean...you didn't provide any proof Jewish students were being targeted. You proved a bunch of hooligans threw eggs at all kinds of people and that there was swearing over political differences. Which you'd basically expect anywhere.

I'm still waiting for your point of value. Bearing in mind that

1) posting articles from Dec 23 as news
2) declaring yourself the arbiter of who is Jewish
3) expressing contempt for the First Amendment

isn't welcome on the RU issues board. It's more of a CEsspool discussion.

I am not equivocating anything
Just more of your arrogant know it all BS

Unlike you…I do not make excuses

That’s your move
Always had been

I mean versus someone who came to this thread just to name call and refused to condemn the murder of a 6 year old, I would know it all.

But then again, your move has always been name calling anyone who doesn't regurgitate Fox News.

Your pals on the CEsspool endured another epic fail by sending you here.

Shouldn't you be off defending your party nominating a Holocaust denier for governor yesterday? Or how again yesterday one of its Congressmen was on social media proclaiming support for antisemitic posting? Or how, yesterday too, its Congresswoman told a reporter asking about antisemtism to F herself?

I know you can justify it, I have faith in you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT