ADVERTISEMENT

Can we be positive for once?

RU96inNC

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2011
Total poopie storm yesterday and over the weekend. But, we still have a lot of great players and when one door closes then another will open.

Let's see how this class closes out and support the kids that sign. Maybe there is a flip or two from our side to add. Who knows, but I won't EVER stop supporting MY TEAM and the coaches and players here!

It's a choice people. Our patience as a fan base has been tested many many times. But Ash will make this right.

Stay the course and enjoy the ride!!

I know I enjoyed the ride under Schiano despite being tested on my patience. This is NO DIFFERENT!

Reactions: shields and vkj91
Total poopie storm yesterday and over the weekend. But, we still have a lot of great players and when one door closes then another will open.

Let's see how this class closes out and support the kids that sign. Maybe there is a flip or two from our side to add. Who knows, but I won't EVER stop supporting MY TEAM and the coaches and players here!

It's a choice people. Our patience as a fan base has been tested many many times. But Ash will make this right.

Stay the course and enjoy the ride!!
i
I know I enjoyed the ride under Schiano despite being tested on my patience. This is NO DIFFERENT!

I am 100% positive that Henry, after being given a great opportunity by Ash, is a POS.

Having said that, I agree. I know our secondary was incredibly young, due to our ill advised secondary crime spree the year before, but it wasn't like Henry had them playing lights out. So the "hit" comes from the fact that he related well with recruits. As a coach, I don't know that we won't find a replacement that is better.

Onward and upward; we can't worry about the stuff that's already done; it won't change.

So much hate and venom towards Henry. The guy was given an opportunity as a position coach. He was given a promotion. I'm pretty sure if you were given the opportunity to further your career, you would have done the same. Calling the man a POS is uncalled for.

Reactions: sct1111
Agreed. Let's just be classy and wish him luck and may the best program win :-). This may sound a bit harsh, but for ****s sake we will survive. All 'programs' have this and move forward.

Reactions: 17Q66
I am 100% positive that Henry, after being given a great opportunity by Ash, is a POS.

Having said that, I agree. I know our secondary was incredibly young, due to our ill advised secondary crime spree the year before, but it wasn't like Henry had them playing lights out. So the "hit" comes from the fact that he related well with recruits. As a coach, I don't know that we won't find a replacement that is better.

Onward and upward; we can't worry about the stuff that's already done; it won't change.
First thing, Henry was only the assistant DB coach. Bill Busch was the actual DB coach last season.
Second, what world do you live in where employees have an opportunity to go somewhere else and receive a higher profile job and significantly more money and they turn it down due to loyalty? His and everyone else's loyalty should be what is best for them and their family, period! These coaches, especially a lowly assistant position coach. don't owe anyone including Rutgers fans anything other than doing their job.

don't like the timing, but coaches tend to switch schools as they clime the coaching ladder.
If the NC St position is a upgrade from the assistant D-Back coach Henry was at Rutgers, no one should expect him to give up an opportunity to advance his career
if he wasn't getting promoted at RU.
I believe Henry' s leaving cost RU Watts, but if Ash couldn't keep the recruit, the RU H C must share some of any blame for Watts or any verbal commit decommitting.

So much hate and venom towards Henry. The guy was given an opportunity as a position coach. He was given a promotion. I'm pretty sure if you were given the opportunity to further your career, you would have done the same. Calling the man a POS is uncalled for.
Sounds like he gave Ash no notice and skipped out 2 weeks before signing day that's messed up after the way Ash has treated the guy.

I haven't seen it anywhere that Ash was blindsided by this. Ash gave the kid an opportunity. The kid cashed in on his opportunity. Does the kid owe Ash the rest of his life?

Reactions: MrsScrew
Seriously some people need to get it in their head that the coaches and recruits owe nothing to you. Everybody does what's in THEIR best interest. Not your's or Rutgers. Sh!t happens. You either pick it up and move on or you b!tch and complain about it without doing anything. Move on without all of the whining.

Sounds like he gave Ash no notice and skipped out 2 weeks before signing day that's messed up after the way Ash has treated the guy.

It's funny because if one of our assistants is leaving I would rather them do it before signing day. Having them stay on through signing day and then leaving is way less honorable to me as you've basically tricked the kid into staying committed, if they truly are going to the school because of the relationship built with that position coach/assistant. I mean the alternative is the kid probably redshirts and then transfers. I know it sucks to lose a player because an assistant coach leaves but it's not unheard of. It's also certainly nothing to go all the sky is falling either.

Where does it sound like he gave no notice? I have not read that anywhere
I read in a few places that he spent the whole previous day with Watts and was scheduled to visit Bo and and others the next few days and Ash would not have had him doing that if he knew he was leaving.

I read in a few places that he spent the whole previous day with Watts and was scheduled to visit Bo and and others the next few days and Ash would not have had him doing that if he knew he was leaving.
Is it possible he was meeting with them to advise them personally of his decision and reassure them so they honor their commitment?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT