ADVERTISEMENT

Carino with Pike comments here.

Another curious decision because I cannot tell if we were in zone or man but Battle’s 3 late threes were against Hyatt who gave him too much space and didn’t close out enough, against Cam who lost him for a second and then the final one against Cam with the fly by. Battle also hit one with 5-6 minutes left in the corner definitely against the zone as Oscar lost him and didn’t get out.
How is it that Caleb wasn’t guarding him and not leaving his side ,? If we are in zone the last minute that is another questionable decision as the only player that could have made up a 10 point deficit with a minute left was Battle and Caleb should have been guarding him and the rest of the guys should have been playing man also. I am blaming Paul but the miss from Battle with 9-10 seconds was rebounded I think out of the zone and Paul let his man get there that if they are playing man , does not happen.

Also what shit a opening to Carinos article he can’t even hide it

What did he write that was false? The hard on some of you people have for Carino is mindboggling. Yes, he's a Seton Hall alum. No, he does not have some personal vendetta against Rutgers. When Rutgers is good, his job is better/more enjoyable, APP gets more clicks, etc.

I said it in another thread the B1G really F****D us this year to end the season. Since the game at home to Minnesota on Feb 1, MSG Mich St, @ Illinois, @ Indiana, RAC Nebraska, @ Wisconsin, RAC Nebraska, @ Penn St, and @ Minnesota. Played in 7 different buildings in 8 games, home only twice for a 3-5 record in the process losing Mag because of The Garden floor. Professional NBA players are barely subject to that let alone college kids in a 4 week stretch flying back and forth.

Another curious decision because I cannot tell if we were in zone or man but Battle’s 3 late threes were against Hyatt who gave him too much space and didn’t close out enough, against Cam who lost him for a second and then the final one against Cam with the fly by. Battle also hit one with 5-6 minutes left in the corner definitely against the zone as Oscar lost him and didn’t get out.
How is it that Caleb wasn’t guarding him and not leaving his side ,? If we are in zone the last minute that is another questionable decision as the only player that could have made up a 10 point deficit with a minute left was Battle and Caleb should have been guarding him and the rest of the guys should have been playing man also. I am blaming Paul but the miss from Battle with 9-10 seconds was rebounded I think out of the zone and Paul let his man get there that if they are playing man , does not happen.

We'd actually have been better off if Battle made that 3 to tie. We would have been tied holding for the last shot. OT worst case.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT