ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball falls to Penn State, 61-46

we tried this at an RU football game a few years ago. Unmitigated disaster.

I went to the psu football stripe out game once. Actually purchased my tickets thru the psu office because RU wouldn't sell us a block of 25 tickets. I almost wore blue to the game because they had sent me so many emails reminding me what section I was in and that I had to wear blue. Fortunately I came to my senses and wore Scarlet.

for some reason it works around the country but NJ people act like they are something special and refuse to follow the rules
Act? WTF?

We are special, here in NJ.

Im Not Crazy Sonic The Hedgehog GIF by Mashed

This will look cool if executed correctly. As bac said, it works in most other college venues around the country, so why not here?

I seem to recall about 20+ years ago, they did this for the Notre Dame Valentine's Day game, and they gave out the correct colored shirts in the lower sections. I still have the (red) Rutgers Basketball tee shirt that was sponsored by Coca-Cola. I remember being annoyed because there were some ND fans sitting in Section 118 near us, and they refused to put on the red shirts.

Reactions: Rutgers25
for some reason it works around the country but NJ people act like they are something special and refuse to follow the rules
I’ll be a bit contrarian here.
Our Official and only official color is Scarlet.
Other schools work because they have two official colors. We R one!
Why white?
Why not black?
Why do it all?
Especially against PSU, the school where one of their official colors is white?
Can see PSU joking oh Rutgers is honoring PSU?
Or PSU white fans sprinkled in the red with PSU white.
We should be emphasizing that Rutgers was one of the first universities in the nation to have an official color.
And that color is scarlet!
The Scarlet in the Band!
It’s not the Scarlet & White in the band.
I think it’s very cool and unique that we are the Scarlet Knights!
So yes Rutgers is indeed something special and we should RefUse to follow the RUles.
We R the ones UnRivaled!
We don’t do it because it’s not our official school color.
SMH.

Last edited:
Just gonna say that RU should just do away with everything but black.

Fully black uniforms with black numbering and black names on jerseys. Black socks, black sneakers/shoes/cleats. Back underwear (no cheating).

Black backboard and hoops. Black painted court with black lines for midcourt, the lane and key, the foul line and every other thing. Black benches, black seats in the RAC. The RAC should be all black on the outside, all black on the inside, with all black toilets and sinks and urinals in the all back bathroom interiors.

The exit signs should be neon black.

If there's gonna be a stripe-out, it can be black on black.

We should have done this Christmas time and had Santas and Candy Canes…. Not Miami Canes… we had them in the Pinstripe.

I’d prefer red and black. White will make PSU feel like half the fans are theirs

Also how about we get the pep band back and give us a half time show that’s not a youth scrimmage before you tell us what to wear. Maybe the unicycle lady or the frisbee dogs?

it’s fun and all the other schools seem to be able to pull these things off. Not sure why it’s so hard to wear a red or white shirt. But then again we can’t even get people to turn the phone flashlights on during the staring lineup and standing at tipoff. I for one will participate.

Don’t understand all these gimmicks. We have organically and naturally developed one of the best and loudest home court advantages in college basketball. All this just seems so forced .

Think stripe outs hard to pull off in basketball arenas.
Why imitate PSU?
Why use one of Penn State’s colors?
Think much better off as solid Scarlet or black as other poster has noted.
Weirdly, okay maybe not so weirdly, given the lack of Adidas gear available to fans, I have absolutely no White Winter Rutgers gear.

Reactions: darkcheck
I’d prefer red and black. White will make PSU feel like half the fans are theirs

Also how about we get the pep band back and give us a half time show that’s not a youth scrimmage before you tell us what to wear. Maybe the unicycle lady or the frisbee dogs?
The frisbee dogs, properly acknowledged as disc dogs, will be in the area for the Meet the Breeds showcase at the Javits Center on January 28-29.

Bring those dogs to the RAC for the January 31 Penn State game. Let them perform at halftime.

Last edited:
Don’t understand all these gimmicks. We have organically and naturally developed one of the best and loudest home court advantages in college basketball. All this just seems so forced .

Think stripe outs hard to pull off in basketball arenas.
Why imitate PSU?
Why use one of Penn State’s colors?
Think much better off as solid Scarlet or black as other poster has noted.
Weirdly, okay maybe not so weirdly, given the lack of Adidas gear available to fans, I have absolutely no White Winter Rutgers gear.

Its not imitating penn state

This is done all over the country

Why are people from NJ so obstinate

Just ****ing do it

Picking the PSU game is a bit lame though. They do this stuff better than a school in the country. Unless we do it perfectly why open ourselves up? The other thing — who has white RU stuff? I guess I’ll go with a good old white t-shirt.

Just ****ing do it
I love it!!! My only issue is that most RU fans own scarlet and black apparel . I don’t think that many own white RU apparel . So people will wear white tshirts

This would been better executed if scarlet ans black like the Rutgers Michigan football game in 2016

Reactions: G- RUnit
I don't think I have a white shirt
Red, I got plenty
Hoping they give them out, but probably not, they are too cheap

I love it!!! My only issue is that most RU fans own scarlet and black apparel . I don’t think that many own white RU apparel . So people will wear white tshirts

This would been better executed if scarlet ans black like the Rutgers Michigan football game in 2016
Who wants to wear a white Tee Shirt on Jan 31st?? If your going to do this should have been Scarlet and Black. No PSU colors.

And if we get this great deal with Adidas they better provide better and more apparel for the fans.

Just ****ing do it
Riddle me this. Of all the games to do this you chose Penn State.

I’d venture to say that PSU is the most known for this.

And we are doing it with one of PSU’s Official colors.

Nothing obstinate about it. So purpose ly trying to tweak or imitate PSU.
Doesn’t appear well thought out.

Reactions: biazza38
Picking the PSU game is a bit lame though. They do this stuff better than a school in the country. Unless we do it perfectly why open ourselves up? The other thing — who has white RU stuff? I guess I’ll go with a good old white t-shirt.
Exactly!!

I have been a fan for thirty years. Back in the day I had a white Nike polo. That’s it.

The amount of white Adidas stuff is practically non existent.

Sadly think we might be setting up ourselves for embarrassment. And would never have done this against PSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: RULegacy
Exactly!!

I have been a fan for thirty years. Back in the day I had a white Nike polo. That’s it.

The amount of white Adidas stuff is practically non existent.

Sadly think we might be setting up ourselves for embarrassment. And would never have done this against PSU.
there are a whole bunch of white adidas stuff, i have one.

there are a whole bunch of white adidas stuff, i have one.
Agree to disagree. Reading above comments others have same issues.

And white unlike other schools is not an official Rutgers school color. Why not black?

RU has had pretty cool blackouts. Have we ever had a white out?

And I will bet you most RU fans have way more black R stuff than white.

And one of PSU’s official colors is white.

Just for giggles on my Facebook site Fans Edge Rutgers site, I swiped right 60 times. There were 4 pieces of clothing that were white. All red, black and surprisingly grey/gray. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUsojo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT