ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball falls to Penn State, 61-46

No rhythm or flow but the worst part is there is No urgency with this team.

NIT last year and got hammered. Ok, Paul and Cam left. How much improvement have you seen from Omeruyi? Simpson? Hyatt? Everyone loses talent every year. You need to make sure the next group is ready. Where is that? If you think next year's team will be fine, I can sell you a bridge in New Brunswick. In fact, don't be surprised that the talent coming in next year is squandered. There has never been an offensive identity and expecting defense out of true freshman is an Everest level ask.

80 ppg

I love Pike, but saying that was an insult to our fanbase.

You sir are correct

Been in that camp for awhile.
Coaching coaching coaching!!!

We just have fans who get so excited we made the tourney 1 TIME

Coaching is abysmal and its not just this one game...

Reactions: darkcheck
I Don’t get too excited for next year now right now. One, maybe more, of high profile 2024 recruits will not be on the roster come tip off time in 2024. I don’t have any inside information, but know at least one of the recruits is not signed, and signing means nothing anymore. I really hope I am wrong, but we shall see. Sucks watching what we are seeing on the court right now.

Reactions: newell138
I’m always a believer that great players make great coaches.

I’m starting to have my doubts whether these kids coming are going to be coached properly to have a real impact.

I’m officially nervous about our class.
All we needed was to be average this year. That’s it. 7 to 8 conference wins and we’re good. The question is who gets processed.
I’m still trying to figure out what everyone saw preseason. We are so small compared to PSU

Coaching coaching coaching!!!

We just have fans who get so excited we made the tourney 1 TIME

Coaching is abysmal and its not just this one game...
Umm. I think we made it twice and likely thrice if not for Covid and first 4 out last year so that four straight years in or on the cusp.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
I Don’t get too excited for next year now right now. One, maybe more, of high profile 2024 recruits will not be on the roster come tip off time in 2024. I don’t have any inside information, but know at least one of the recruits is not signed, and signing means nothing anymore. I really hope I am wrong, but we shall see. Sucks watching what we are seeing on the court right now.

Dylan hasn’t signed. It’s not inside info. Hes not going anywhere.

Reactions: RUJMM78

I’m starting to have my doubts whether these kids coming are going to be coached properly to have a real impact.
The proof is in Omeruyi and Griffiths. How would they do being coached by a Coach K or Calipari.

He better hope he doesn't fvck it up next year. If he does, he's done here.
I'm really tired of his cheer leading too. I've never seen a coach who never, ever gets in anyone's face, and we make about a thousand mistakes.

Didn't watch game. Checked out box score. A few oddities:

Rutgers starting 5 combined for 6 made shots and 23 points.

Pike played 10 players 10+ minutes. Three contributed zero points.

Twenty games into the season, Pike should not be running a 10 player rotation.

Umm. I think we made it twice and likely thrice if not for Covid and first 4 out last year so that four straight years in or on the cusp.
Almost sweet 16 one year
Then play in loser
Then nIT lost to hofstra
Now this 1/31:24. It’s trending down
You get one year with two lottery picks. We’ll see how it goes. I think bubble team at best. Then they’re gone. We’ll know the 2025 recruiting class before this time next year. The program could become permanent doormat again very easily.

Almost sweet 16 one year
Then play in loser
Then nIT lost to hofstra
Now this 1/31:24. It’s trending down
You get one year with two lottery picks. We’ll see how it goes. I think bubble team at best. Then they’re gone. We’ll know the 2025 recruiting class before this time next year. The program could become permanent doormat again very easily.
I get the angst but am not sure those guys are both one and done but regardless there are some good pieces beyond them and jmike and gg will have more experience and there’s the portal. Pike got screwed by the late defections. He will figure it out. I’m not worried about that.

You don't have inside info? Color me shocked.

Are you saying you think the kids we had would be great right now on another roster?

I have no idea how next season will go, but this team has less present year potential than any other Pike team 1-4. I’m saying it that way because some of the frosh may develop but their starting point is flat out worse. For all his recruiting alcolades, Gavin did not come in close to as game ready as unheralded Geo. That has nothing to do with development and I suspect more to do with Green’s theories on high school coaching style.

Cliff is better than what we had before MJ but that’s about it. Most of the guys we have right now would not see the floor on the COVID team whose season was cut short.

I have seen a lot of praise for Collins at Northwestern this year.

For the sake of comparison if they make the tournament this year it will be his 3rd bid in 11 years and 4th winning season

Pike is in year 7… has had 2 tourney bids, 1 should’ve been due to Covid and an NIT bid

Point being we are quick to pile on and need to remember there are MAYBE 10-15 programs nationally that expect excellence and a tournament run every year

I swear I have thought about this post and this nickname for Simpson a hundred times today. It's so perfect.
The only thing similar about the two of their games is that midrange shot. Both hit it at an above average rate (for that shot which is inefficient to begin with).

Pike can’t shoot for his players. When I left, we were 1/13 from 3. 50 from the line. 34% on FGs.

FFS, we went 17 minutes without a FG.
If true ,that is almost half of a basketball game.Poor coaching and poor talent produced a dismal 46 points in one of the worse performances in the history of the RAC against a opponent that stinks.Fans are now in a quandary looking forward to next season while watching futility this season.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
If true ,that is almost half of a basketball game.Poor coaching and poor talent produced a dismal 46 points in one of the worse performances in the history of the RAC against a opponent that stinks.Fans are now in a quandary looking forward to next season while watching futility this season.

It’s true. I left down 39-46, just couldn’t take anymore. FFS, Derek clanked a wide open jumper from the foul line. We could have won if we just shot poorly. Not catastrophically bad.

Oh - and 20 ****ing turnovers. This would have been a 50 point loss to a decent team.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT