ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball falls to Penn State, 61-46

We have 4 eligible guards
Derek Simpson, JMike, Noah and Austin Williams.
There is no one to turn to if we bench Noah or bench Austin Williams.

This is Cam Spencer's and Paul Mulcahy's fault we are in the situation we are in the backcourt pulling their BS after the portal closed.

Reactions: tm_nj
Poor game for Cliff. PSU had a good game plan to tie him up. And Pike doesn't adjust and stop getting Cliff trapped.

In a pantheon of bad basketball that we’ve all seen on the Banks, this game takes the prize for the most awful performance I’ve ever seen.

I am just STUNNED by the gross incompetence of this team.
I am stunned at how much people view Pikiell as the savior. This is year 7. We made the tournament twice. One was a play in game. We made the NIT last year and got hammered. Ok, Paul and Cam left. How much improvement have you seen from Omeruyi? Simpson? Hyatt? Everyone loses talent every year. You need to make sure the next group is ready. Where is that? If you think next year's team will be fine, I can sell you a bridge in New Brunswick. In fact, don't be surprised that the talent coming in next year is squandered. There has never been an offensive identity and expecting defense out of true freshman is an Everest level ask.

They have double teamed the point guard all night and we can't find the open man and make them pay.

Reactions: tm_nj
Missed shots I don't mind. But I hate it when a team is loose with the basketball that's all concentration. These guys are playing scared making nervous passes, picking up their dribble when defenders run at them, lackadaisical passes. Forget offensive sets and motion this team needs to work on ball handling drills, have them do the spider and shoot free throws all practice.

I’ve said this for a while. Pike is an average overall coach. He can get teams fo play hard and play some good defense but can’t coach offense, and had flunked recruiting new players and re recruiting his own players. No innovation. No feel for substitutions. I’ve said this for years. Unless we win and win big next year, it’ll be a slow walk until he too is fired.
Pike will eventually be fired. He does not develop players and has no offense. Next year will not save him. Bailey and Harper alone cannot carry this team.

Last edited:
I am stunned at how much people view Pikiell as the savior. This is year 7. We made the tournament twice. One was a play in game. We made the NIT last year and got hammered. Ok, Paul and Cam left. How much improvement have you seen from Omeruyi? Simpson? Hyatt? Everyone loses talent every year. You need to make sure the next group is ready. Where is that? If you think next year's team will be fine, I can sell you a bridge in New Brunswick. In fact, don't be surprised that the talent coming in next year is squandered. There has never been an offensive identity and expecting defense out of true freshman is an Everest level ask.
Zero players have improved. That’s almost impossible. Consistency.

I think we can agree it would’ve been 3 times if not for Covid but I get your point

Can we at least credit that year … but you’re right

Reactions: biazza38
That’s almost everyone on the team..but at least he can score and we’d like him to return next year.
He can shoot the three. It's hard for me to call him a scorer. I'm gonna be sexist. He goes to the basket like a girl. I apologize.

Disgusting attempt at the game of basketball. That was embarrassing.

So we spent money on Noah in the portal and Mag for retention and they both suck. Mag is glue for a team with talent not this clown show. Can’t believe we are paying these losers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT