ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball INSTANT REACTION: Rutgers Basketball falls to Minnesota 81-70

Gotta give Minny credit they took JW out of the game. We are extremely ordinary w/o him playing at a high level. I honestly think we match up much better with Purdue than with Minny. Saw it early in the game very tough matchup tonite

Hey Minnesota got a little hot from 3. 80 points is too much for Rutgers to give up. Dawson Garcia with the offensive foul with under 2 mins, called defensive foul. Payne fouled woolfolk on that hook, announcers gushed about the block but it was all hand. Good game overall, thats my calls.

Reactions: Wagram97
Like the effort by the team at the end. Not our night.

Wonder where Ogbole was. Is he injured? Being punished for the leg stomp?
He was first off the bench to replace Cliff. He had a horrible defensive possession where he got burned for an and 1. Immediately yanked and not seen again

Meanwhile Wolf getting abused all over and he just keeps him out there. Really frustrating

Like the effort by the team at the end. Not our night.

Wonder where Ogbole was. Is he injured? Being punished for the leg stomp?
Mystery? Was 1st option off the bench for Cliff. Then never saw the court again in favor of Wolf. Wolf proceeded to just make mistake after mistake, but Pike just kept trotting him out.

• Sad
Reactions: Scangg and #1 RUFan
This loss is on our inability to make outside shots and Pike’s stupid decision to put Woolfolk in there over Ogbole. Ogbole could have beaten the shit out of Payne, fouled out and saved about 10 points. Also the inability to run the press earlier. And don’t give me this bs that Mag was in foul trouble. Pike could have put another guard like Austin in there. You’re trying to interrupt the flow which occurred way too late.

What it is that Rutgers calls it's offense just flat out stinks, and it has since Jay Young left. Knight's not getting it done. Maybe another raise will help.

Imagine if we actually recruited a shooter who can shoot
Gavin needs to figure it out next yearq

Reactions: socaldave
Extended minutes to your back up center early in the second half. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?
How do you think that’s okay. The game was clearly getting away. That rest was clearly predetermined by Pike. But that 4 minutes lost is the game.

Hey Minnesota got a little hot from 3. 80 points is too much for Rutgers to give up. Dawson Garcia with the offensive foul with under 2 mins, called defensive foul. Payne fouled woolfolk on that hook, announcers gushed about the block but it was all hand. Good game overall, thats my calls.
Bro Cliff O did the same exact thing in the 1st 2 minutes of the game and it wasnt called there either. We have too many dudes that want to stand outside the perimeter. You got 2 guys pressuring the dribble you have to move w/o the ball. You get the ball going downhill to the basket...their big kicks out to pick them up and Cliff cuts to basket and gets dunk. We have too many unselfish players that would go out of control to the basket and not take the easy play to Cliff. Against this D they needed to attack the basket w/o the ball

If I had to trade Dylan Harper for Young replacing Knight I'd do it. He's gotta go the day after Harper leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
No. Williams shoes needed to be changed.

we had one . His name was Cam.
Cam was a great find.
But I mean out of high school. Obviously next year should change that. But man, we really suck from the perimeter

Can’t win them although 5 in a row would have been sweet!

RU is probably a mid-level NIT team which I’d be happy with based on how awful the team looked early on. Thought we were done with those with JW joining, but damn that was brutal to watch.

Bro Cliff O did the same exact thing in the 1st 2 minutes of the game and it wasnt called there either. We have too many dudes that want to stand outside the perimeter. You got 2 guys pressuring the dribble you have to move w/o the ball. You get the ball going downhill to the basket...their big kicks out to pick them up and Cliff cuts to basket and gets dunk. We have too many unselfish players that would go out of control to the basket and not take the easy play to Cliff. Against this D they needed to attack the basket w/o the ball
We played well in a way, 70 points on the road, but we missed a few shots, they’d get out in transition and go like 5 for 5 on threes, it could have been a closer game without that kind of outlier statistic

No. Williams shoes needed to be changed.

we had one . His name was Cam.
Cam would have has a tough night. He would not have had alot of open looks and would have had to make some tough self created 15-18 footers

Cam was a great find.
But I mean out of high school. Obviously next year should change that. But man, we really suck from the perimeter
We thought we did with Gavin. Gavin has turned out to be ordinary at best. Hopefully this kid turns things around next year.

We thought we did with Gavin. Gavin has turned out to be ordinary at best. Hopefully this kid turns things around next year.
I want to see a closer look at that 3 pointer he took that fell 10 feet short of the hoop. It wasn’t blocked for sure. He either short armed it worse than i’ve ever seen or there was contact on the elbow.

Reactions: RU MAN and Scangg
Ordinary? Really? He can’t shoot, can’t defend, can’t pass and can’t rebound. How is that ordinary?

Reactions: Rutgers25
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT