ADVERTISEMENT

Carter

That Navy loss in 2008 was absolutely brutal. Better team lost. Lee likely made some comment that Teel heard as he was walking off the field, wrong time, wrong place, happens on all teams when things go bad. Situation was handled and didn't carryover.

Let’s talk Football. So are we okay going with the phrase Jet Sweep Touch Pass?

I wonder which of my ignored posters turned this into a negative thread?

Screw that: Wild Knight!

2008 was a bizarre season: the first 5-6 games we couldn't seem to get our offense on the same page. But then things clicked, and they just blew people away.

McN actually addressed this in that podcast.

In the Spring, Schiano told McN that the run game looked better than it actually was because Greene was out with an injury - Schiano said Greene would have stopped those runs if he was practicing.

Season starts and run isn’t working.
Throwing the ball around wasn’t their plan despite their best players being in the passing game.
Finally in the Pitt game the passing game broke out and the rest is history.

Yes it is a pass.

I literally posted about this exact play design and this article almost a year ago.
The innovator was Bob Stitt - now OC at Texas State.

Maybe McN does read this board?

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...eated-the-fly-sweep-pass.160064/#post-3666316

Stitt halted practice and reinstalled the play without the handoff, electing instead to have the QB flip the ball forward to the man coming in motion. “It was so much faster,” Stitt says. “And the neat thing was, it was a forward pass, so if you had any issues with it, it was an incomplete pass.”

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Here ya go!

10/17/2015 - Indiana
Passing, C-A-I, Yds, TD
Chris Laviano, 28-42-1, 386, 3

11/28/2015 - Maryland
Passing, C-A-I, Yds, TD
Chris Laviano, 21-33-1, 344, 4

Even so, crazy that it's been since Nov 2015 that we've passed for over 300 yards. This is the first time under Ash.

Even so, crazy that it's been since Nov 2015 that we've passed for over 300 yards. This is the first time under Ash.
Yeah now we have a couple of QB’s (maybe more) who have the arm to throw downfield. Can’t. Blame this all on Ash cause QBs need to develop but we can point to his change in directions or the changes each OC brought with them.

This is definitely not true. Gary Nova had 400 against Michigan. Hell Mike Teel against Louisville in 2008. Those are just off the top of my head.
Posters need to do their homework before throwing stuff out there. It’s happening too much on this forum yet.

Yeah now we have a couple of QB’s (maybe more) who have the arm to throw downfield. Can’t blame this all on Ash cause QBs need to develop but we can point to his change in directions or the changes each OC brought with them.

It's year 4... and none of the QBs brought in from Years 1 or 2 are still here. So the "QBs need to develop" argument doesn't really fly so well for me. We've had 12 different scholarship guys in the room across 4 seasons.

It's year 4... and none of the QBs brought in from Years 1 or 2 are still here. So the "QBs need to develop" argument doesn't really fly so well for me. We've had 12 different scholarship guys in the room across 4 seasons.
My half joking suggestion is look for Leach, Riley (Carter was a KK recruit) castoffs and targets or maybe other air raid guys like Litrell or Heupel. These guys repeatedly id and develop qbs so at the very least their targets and castoffs have some solid potential. How much of that is realized with our coaches who knows but it’s not a bad starting point.

Reactions: Wolv RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT