ADVERTISEMENT

CB Rachad Wildgoose decommits from Georgia

I don't get why any Rutgers fan would feel sorry for this kid.

In April, he "committed" to Rutgers. One month later, after other P5 offers started rolling in, he stated that he was "still committed" to Rutgers. Which was clearly a bold faced lie since 1 week later, he de-committed.

So, basically, he jerked Chris Ash around and played Rutgers. I feel sorry for Coach Ash because he, and all coaches, have to try and fill out a recruiting class while dealing with kids saying they're committed while they are, in fact, simply stringing the coach along until they get an offer they consider better.

I know Wildgoose was only committed for about 1 month but it still bugs me when kids say they're committed and can't wait to play for so-and-so school when in fact they're just using that school as a safety net.

All that being said, I'd still take him back in a heartbeat. I'd hate myself in the morning ... but I'd still do it.

Biggest thing was timing. He did it in July, not NSD or like 2 weeks before it ala Marsette, McDonald, Moukwah, etc.

Joe P.

I can confidently say that there is no other board on the Rivals network where the fans worry so much about what happens to recruits who commit to their school and then decide not to sign.
You should check out the Main Board. Sometimes the guys will post over the top thread links and posts from their team's home boards. RU fans aren't too bad compared to many SEC schools.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
th

Word is that Scott Frost now at Nebraska (but previously at USF and knows the Florida HS players) will try to get Wildgoose on an OV to Nebraska as he needs CB's and has the schollies available.

Word is that Scott Frost now at Nebraska (but previously at USF and knows the Florida HS players) will try to get Wildgoose on an OV to Nebraska as he needs CB's and has the schollies available.

There is some truth to this. Frost has been recruiting him to NU since he got the job at NU. Everybody kind of knew he was going to get processed when he didn’t sign in December.

Hey DJ,If he ends up at Monmouth at least you will get to see him in 2021 when we play them on a Thursday night game in November at Yankee Stadium. I know how much you are looking forward to that game.
Since I know tickets will be going for a premium, I've already requested an extra half dozen.
So, Al, for the record, you don't like the 10 DBs we recruited the last 2 years? Before the 2018 season starts, you will be claiming that they are all Devin McCourty.
Don't question al: he's seen a headshot of Wildgoose!

Reactions: GSGS
1. 3* cover corner commits to RU
2. 3* cover corner then decommits from RU to take offer from UGA (#2 team in nation)
3. 3* cover corner gets "recruited over" by UGA (#2 team in nation)
4. Random RU "fans" say "no way, we don't want him"

Can't make this stuff up.

You should check out the Main Board. Sometimes the guys will post over the top thread links and posts from their team's home boards. RU fans aren't too bad compared to many SEC schools.

They are bad in a different way. When I say that RU fans worry more about what happens to our decommits, I did mean "worry", as in worrying whether or not the poor decommit will land on his feet.

1. 3* cover corner commits to RU
2. 3* cover corner then decommits from RU to take offer from UGA (#2 team in nation)
3. 3* cover corner gets "recruited over" by UGA (#2 team in nation)
4. Random RU "fans" say "no way, we don't want him"
5. Random RU "fans" say that we need yet another defensive back despite the fact that we have either 0 or 1 spot open and desperately need more defensive linemen.

Can't make this stuff up.

RU4Real - you forgot point #5, so I took the liberty to add it.

Agree, you can't make this stuff up.

Reactions: PaKnight
I don't get why any Rutgers fan would feel sorry for this kid.

In April, he "committed" to Rutgers. One month later, after other P5 offers started rolling in, he stated that he was "still committed" to Rutgers. Which was clearly a bold faced lie since 1 week later, he de-committed.

So, basically, he jerked Chris Ash around and played Rutgers. I feel sorry for Coach Ash because he, and all coaches, have to try and fill out a recruiting class while dealing with kids saying they're committed while they are, in fact, simply stringing the coach along until they get an offer they consider better.

I know Wildgoose was only committed for about 1 month but it still bugs me when kids say they're committed and can't wait to play for so-and-so school when in fact they're just using that school as a safety net.

All that being said, I'd still take him back in a heartbeat. I'd hate myself in the morning ... but I'd still do it.

Seems like a tough position to be in when you are 17-18 years old. As far as college football recruiting goes in 2018, his decommitment was quick and painless for all parties. Hard to blame anyone for jumping at the opportunity to play for a program like UGA. This was barely a blip on the radar compared to the McDonald and similar events over the past few years.

Seems like a tough position to be in when you are 17-18 years old. As far as college football recruiting goes in 2018, his decommitment was quick and painless for all parties. Hard to blame anyone for jumping at the opportunity to play for a program like UGA. This was barely a blip on the radar compared to the McDonald and similar events over the past few years.

It was really painless if one happens to be a fan of the Hurricanes. Not so for Rutgers at the time, trying to nail down our first commit of the recruiting season and gain some momentum.

Reactions: Pils86
this kid did not sign in the early period with Georgia? He is a dope then, unless he was prevented by GA in signing early...

"Rutgers is a dream school of mine, a cousin of mine played basketball there a few years ago, I like what Chris Ash is...ohai Georgia! Nah, I'm not committed to Rutgers any more..."

Let him sign with Georgia Southern

Reactions: ron313 and IMARUFAN
Cut the kid some slack. RU was one of the first, if not thee first, to offer him. Then he starts to get some love from from “bigger” programs. Perhaps he’s not familiar with the definition of commitment. Wish him well. I’m sure all of the posters on here made the best decisions when they were seniors in high school. Lol

Cut the kid some slack. RU was one of the first, if not thee first, to offer him. Then he starts to get some love from from “bigger” programs. Perhaps he’s not familiar with the definition of commitment. Wish him well. I’m sure all of the posters on here made the best decisions when they were seniors in high school. Lol

I don't have any bad feelings for him, just that there is no room in the class.

So he just blew a chance to play in the Big Ten and now the SEC.

Looks like he is trying to land in UCF. I don't think he even knows they lost their whole coaching staff.

Someone is giving this kid some seriously bad advice. SMH

Reactions: IMARUFAN
Kid got played by Georgia. Never had a real offer from them.

This is something the early signing period should indicate to recruits. If the big boys who said all the right things do not let you sign early.. RUN for your safe landing spot.

Heck.. get the paperwork ready to go BEFORE you are allowed to turn it in.. and if they do not get you the paperwork before the early signing day.. RUN for some program who will.

"Rutgers is a dream school of mine, a cousin of mine played basketball there a few years ago, I like what Chris Ash is...ohai Georgia! Nah, I'm not committed to Rutgers any more..."

Let him sign with Georgia Southern
You can bet Georgia may have tried that "gray shirt" route.. or go stash him in a prep school or JC program in case they can use him in a year or 2.

Reactions: dontestrond
When do we stop making excuses for people on this board. Accountabilty my friend .

Reactions: GSGS
With major changes to transfer rules imminent, it behooves us to lay off recruits headed elsewhere. You never know where they might end up when their current situation does not play out as they imagined. Player free agency could become commonplace.

That kid WISHED he had legit SEC offers. How funny is it that two kids who play defense decommitted from Rutgers because they thought(lmfao) that they where getting legit offers end up in the Big Ten West. Talk about taking chances.
This is funny? That SEC schools offer and then pull scholarships from kids as regular practice? Actually it's just plain sad...the fact you seem to find joy in this is disturbing

And we would have surely taken him in this class even at the 11th hour so not sure why we as Rutgers fans should see this as a positive that he didn't even consider us as an option and instead went to another B1G power...

This is funny? That SEC schools offer and then pull scholarships from kids as regular practice? Actually it's just plain sad...the fact you seem to find joy in this is disturbing

And we would have surely taken him in this class even at the 11th hour so not sure why we as Rutgers fans should see this as a positive that he didn't even consider us as an option and instead went to another B1G power...

Actually we wouldn’t have taken him over the last 2 months because every spot was accounted for.

Joe P.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT