ADVERTISEMENT

Chairbacks - yes? No?

NorthNJRUFan

All American
Dec 27, 2011
ive never purchased them. Any thoughts from those who have?

Do they stay perminantly attached to your seat?

Thanks

I never had them until I started bringing my girlfriend now wife to games and she started wanting them. We thought about buying the portable ones and carrying them in ourselves, but opted to buy them through RU.

1. Great when it is cold, they keep your bottom relatively warm/dry.
2. Comfy for your butt/back

But the BEST thing about them imho.....

They clearly mark your territory. I can not tell you how many times I almost got into it with people who were in our seats or inching over towards where my seats are. There has been none of this since I added seat backs...really is worth it to get them in my opinion.

If you are in the last row in a section, they are not perminately attached. They will slide up and down the row, as I unfortunately found out last year. But as stated above, they are great for defining your territory.

I've bought the RU ones for the last couple seasons. I agree that the 'mark your territory' aspect is big.
Yes, RU keeps them attached throughout the season so you dont have to mess with them. If you bring your own seatback, you have to take it on/off each time as they dont let personal ones stay throughout.
I thought I saw them doing 1 game rentals as well (like some other stadiums) but not sure.

IMO they are worth it. We got them 3 years ago and have renewed them ever since. I like to equate them to when seat warmers first started to be an option in cars. At first I was like I don't need that, but after the first time I tried it I can't live without it.

Another point is once it gets a little cold in November it doesn't feel like you are sitting on block of ice.

But the BEST thing about them imho.....

They clearly mark your territory. I can not tell you how many times I almost got into it with people who were in our seats or inching over towards where my seats are. There has been none of this since I added seat backs...really is worth it to get them in my opinion.

But overall this by far. No encroachment penalties since we got them. Also helps if you are feeling a little festive after several hours of tailgating if you forget what row you are in.

Anybody ever have an issue with rain...meaning the water getting inside and then when you sit on it you become the sponge.

I would think that would be the only reason I wouldn't get one.

My son bought me 2 seats. You can buy they for less than $35 and they last for years.

Look on Amazon.
I have seats very similar to that, and they work great. Have a strap to put over your shoulder to carry them in and it is awesome. No problems whatsoever.

Reactions: rurichdog
Anybody ever have an issue with rain...meaning the water getting inside and then when you sit on it you become the sponge.

One of our four got wet last year. Started bringing plastic to cover it. Generally not an issue imo. We will continue to get them.

Yes yes yes. If nothing else it marks your spot and keeps people from squeezing you in. It's the next best thing to pissing on your seats.

Reactions: DirtyRU
Awesome. Thanks for the help guys...

Yeah. I know I can save money and bring my own but that's not what I want. I want to make my territory. Have a comportable seat.

But my concern was things like rain. If it pours do they suck to sit on if they are perminantly attached and you can't get them off

I've never had an issue with them becoming a sponge. They seem to be watertight. But there is a service desk on the concourse, so if you did have an issue, you can let them know so they can fix it.

If I had season tickets I'd without a doubt get one solely for marking my territory and reppin' RU.

I always loved seeing all the chairbacks in stadiums around the country. Goes to show you a loyal fan base. I don't see getting a chair back as a knock by any means at all.

Never noticed the, getting soaked during the rain... Then again, When it rains, everything is soaked so maybe I just don't notice?

Never noticed the, getting soaked during the rain... Then again, When it rains, everything is soaked so maybe I just don't notice?
I'm sure they're ways around it. You could always leave a plastic bag tightly around the bottom of your seat when you're not at the stadium.

Totally worth the $5 per game rental. MrScrew & I had the carry in ones for years. Switched to the rentals 3 years ago & haven't looked back. One less thing to pack & schlep .

Reactions: RUsince52
In the SEC they go with the White Trash Butt Thong Ass Seat Chair

thongcushion_%28Copy%29.jpg=600

Or you can go with one of these babies :

seat-cushion-car-seat-cushion-chair-cushion-sciatica-cushion-prostate-cushion-ced168b9225be407f87f54f48ceff0a6.jpg

As others have said, aside from comfort they're unsurpassed at marking your spot.

I had to start buying them after I got in trouble for peeing on the bench.

I believe you can send an email or a call to your ticket rep and they will take care of it. My seats are on auto-renew and they are awesome. Any way I can donate a few bucks and actually get something in return is well worth it!

I believe you can send an email or a call to your ticket rep and they will take care of it. My seats are on auto-renew and they are awesome. Any way I can donate a few bucks and actually get something in return is well worth it!
What is the cost for the season?

Never had an issue with encroachment because I have aisle seats. It helps to define my space.

Yes yes yes. If nothing else it marks your spot and keeps people from squeezing you in. It's the next best thing to pissing on your seats.

This! I got them a couple years ago because I was tired of extremely large people encroaching on my seat space. They are comfortable and they mark your territory, which is nice!

Great idea that I am also thinking about: 1) People in R crew (i.e.Mike) have and like.
2) Need something to mark territory as some of R crew mooch seats for the close to 100% games they are at and use up one's own space (but they don't make the donation-but work)
Also last year Ohio State fans tried to take over rows cand some were drunk and violent.
I Have a problem next to me in that an older couple from MA own and only come in for 1-2 games. Seats oft go unused or used by opposing fans. Last year one of our crew sat next to me and asked dumb questions/talked/moaned all game-even after tailgating with all for 3+ hours.. Had a headache even before getting whalloped.

Totally worth the $5 per game rental. MrScrew & I had the carry in ones for years. Switched to the rentals 3 years ago & haven't looked back. One less thing to pack & schlep .
Had them for 4 years and no problems. Might be wet if it rains earlier in the day, but just wipe them off. I bring plastic just in case. Don't have to lug them in from the car.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT