ADVERTISEMENT

Children's Pre-Game Area in Tailgate Lots

ScarletKid2008

All American
Sep 8, 2006
Bergen County, NJ
I remember years back, before I had kids, there used to be a section (I believe on the soccer practice fields) that was like a designated kids fun area on gamedays. Had blow-up jump houses, arts and craft type stuff, face paintings, the mascot, stuff like that. I always thought it was kind of cool and would revisit it when I had kids at the age.

Well now is the time. Does this still exist in some form? Or did it disappear years ago?

I remember years back, before I had kids, there used to be a section (I believe on the soccer practice fields) that was like a designated kids fun area on gamedays. Had blow-up jump houses, arts and craft type stuff, face paintings, the mascot, stuff like that. I always thought it was kind of cool and would revisit it when I had kids at the age.

Well now is the time. Does this still exist in some form? Or did it disappear years ago?
Gone like a fart in the wind! There is the new Rodkin Center on that site. There used to be a small at the corner closest to the football practice fields

The Kids Zone! Grew up there. Then it became the “Block R Party” and now all of that is gone by way of the Miller Lite Block Party. Not as many giveaways for sure, and pretty much nothing for kids

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Alright. Yeah I figured as much. I hadn't seen it.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea to get it on the list of game day activities for the AD to consider bringing back / implementing.

Gets young kids excited to be at RU football games. Gets the block R on kids faces, Photo opps for kids/parents to look back on. Another solid way to build the future generations and fan bases .

First game, which didn't have food trucks, did have 3 different kid zone things including a small bouncy house along side the yellow lot towards the front.
The Block R Party usually has some fun stuff for kids to do & lots of give aways

Kids section seems like a no-brainer ...which I guess is why RU got rid of it. Any chance to shoot itself in the foot.

Probably Ash's doing.
Could be mistaken, but I think that all of the stuff from the Kids Zone is still there, but just not in one central area where the Party Zone is located. It is spread along Campus road, all in one line-going towards the front of the Yellow lot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT