ADVERTISEMENT

cliff-omoruyi-on-his-decision-to-return-to-rutgers

“One of the reasons- I just want to be a leader, I want to lead the team,” Omoruyi said in the Big Ten Network interview.

“Another reason is that I want to get my degree in two years. I want to get it done.”

Degree in 2 years? .... could we see Cliff back for 2 years?? Would be unbelievable

“One of the reasons- I just want to be a leader, I want to lead the team,” Omoruyi said in the Big Ten Network interview.

“Another reason is that I want to get my degree in two years. I want to get it done.”

Degree in 2 years? .... could we see Cliff back for 2 years?? Would be unbelievable
Well, if he can land a good NIL deal from a Rutgers booster (or from KTR), it sure would make it easier for him to stay for 4 years.

Let’s be honest, we would he NOT come back? If anyone really thought he was ready and would declare don’t know basketball. Great, great guy…. not NBA ready at this point. Very simple.

You are seeing the effects of NIL right here. It used to be that marginal talent would go pro even if they knew they weren't NBA ready. At least they could play overseas and bring some $$$ home. Now with NIL, that same money is going to keep them home until they have exhausted their eligibility.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Let’s be honest, we would he NOT come back? If anyone really thought he was ready and would declare don’t know basketball. Great, great guy…. not NBA ready at this point. Very simple.

as you should know the nba wasn’t the only threat…college basketball is basically in a state of free agency. So him transferring could have been a real threat. Think I saw somewhere that Rutgers was 1 of only 10 schools with no kid in the portal… that’s a minor miracle

You realize plenty of players who aren't NBA ready declare every single year. I mean 2 other players on our team who aren't NBA ready did lol

I always thought Cliff would be back but it wasn't a guarantee. Have to give Pike some credit for building that relationship. Keeping players from leaving is part of recruiting. Cliff could have went G league or transfered, you never know these days.

Not sure why there is not more activity in this thread. Gotta give the big fella some love here. He really was playing well down the stretch. He can dominate games for us. Still need to shoot 3’s in this day and age but Cliff is a player.
Cliff is the best....this ^^^^. Considering the current world in which he lives, he seems to be (and has always been) a very genuine and grounded person...and a great player! Go Cliff! Go RU!

Reactions: Scangg
Just read an article in the local weekly paper down about the jersey shore basketball league. There will be seven teams in the league this year playing Tues and Thurs nights at Manasquan HS. Cliff is supposedly playing on the newest team with his old RC buddy Briscoe who went to Kentucky.

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT