ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cliff Omoruyi to enter Transfer Portal

Apparently every team wants him. They all must think he was mismanaged here. I get that Cliff would have plenty of offers but he's getting attention from the biggest schools.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Awesome kid. Awesome memories. Solid player.

He needs a change imo. This program has real trouble developing offense and offensive chemistry.

I think he could have benefitted from Ace and Harper, but at the same time I think we are going to rely on the two of them creating without much ryhme or reason, and I'm not sure cliff truly excels given that.

Let him try to see what he can do someplace else. We can now fins a big that fits next year's team.

Thanks for this. That collection of players is one of my favorite teams ever to watch. Loved their attitude. We need to get that attitude back.

I just honestly wonder if it's possible anymore going forward.

That group was the last of the old system, where more kids commited to a program with plans to stay for 4 years and build a generational/program. That creates a certain attitude and team/culture.

I'm just not sure anyone will have that anymore. These are all 1 season free agent classes now.

Reactions: bac2therac
So St John's lures him in the Portal, but now bigger programs with deeper pockets are going to snatch him.

Apparently every team wants him. They all must think he was mismanaged here. I get that Cliff would have plenty of offers but he's getting attention from the biggest schools.
He was mismanaged here. It's criminal that the guy is a senior and the coaching staff wasn't insisting he box out when the ball went in the air. This is a 7 foot guy who averaged like 8 rebounds/game last year and he should have averaged 12. And he never developed even a single offensive move - how did nobody force him to just practice a baby hook from the middle of the key?

He was mismanaged here. It's criminal that the guy is a senior and the coaching staff wasn't insisting he box out when the ball went in the air. This is a 7 foot guy who averaged like 8 rebounds/game last year and he should have averaged 12. And he never developed even a single offensive move - how did nobody force him to just practice a baby hook from the middle of the key?
Sad.

Why do you guys think our coaching staff is incompetent? Are you really Rutgers fans? Cliff is a super athlete trying to turn into a basketball player at a late stage in his life. Why do you think this would be easy?

Why do you guys think our coaching staff is incompetent? Are you really Rutgers fans? Cliff is a super athlete trying to turn into a basketball player at a late stage in his life. Why do you think this would be easy?
... because he's a super athlete.

I think our coaches are excellent recruiters and they seem to be terrific teachers of defensive basketball. Everything else related to in-game coaching, I think they are subpar.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I think many fans, but not all, are disappointed another 4-year Jersey kid, with the best class ever in Rutgers history coming in, is choosing to play his final year of eligibility somewhere else. You would think he'd wanna finish off his college career at his alma mater with the great talent arriving, but I guess not.

cat kitty GIF

Farm system for Uconn. Didn't Oregon go right back to the well - after they stole Eugene Omoruyi from us. Didn't take long for them to lure Jacob Young too

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004

They don’t watch the games. They don’t see the bounce passes bouncing off of cliffs hands. They don’t see Derek going up for jump shots at anywhere from a 30 to 60 degree angle or bricking wide open shots.

Coaches can teach, but players have to execute.

And I say that as someone who wouldn’t mind if Derek or Cliff came back.

Why would he go there and be a backup ? Highly doubt it. Is Clingan a top pro prospect ?

Watch Cliff become one of best players in country like Spencer for UCONN
You believe that Cam made a huge leap in his play from last year to this year? Interesting. The numbers don’t support your position. He made modest improvements that you would expect for a 23-24 year old guy playing ball. So, he didn’t “become” anything. He was already that player, but admittedly playing at UConn raised his profile.

You believe that Cam made a huge leap in his play from last year to this year? Interesting. The numbers don’t support your position. He made modest improvements that you would expect for a 23-24 year old guy playing ball. So, he didn’t “become” anything. He was already that player, but admittedly playing at UConn raised his profile.
I didn't say Cliff would become elite. Actually I don't think he will. Too may offensive flaws. Just sucks to be UCONN's G league. We are better than that now.

I'm not sure what you're asking. I think many fans, but not all, are disappointed another 4-year Jersey kid, with the best class ever in Rutgers history coming in, is choosing to play his final year of eligibility somewhere else. You would think he'd wanna finish off his college career at his alma mater with the great talent arriving, but I guess not.
Cliff is going for a bag. It's been reported that Pike had talked to him about staying while the season was going on and Cliff made up his mind to leave. Who can blame him? He's looking at a million dollar payday from a blue blood where he only needs to be a piece of the pie and not the man.

I'm not sure what season you were watching, but he wasn't great this year. Mostly because the personnel around him were so weak. This is his one chance to cash out. Time to let him go.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Cliff is going for a bag. It's been reported that Pike had talked to him about staying while the season was going on and Cliff made up his mind to leave. Who can blame him? He's looking at a million dollar payday from a blue blood where he only needs to be a piece of the pie and not the man.

I'm not sure what season you were watching, but he wasn't great this year. Mostly because the personnel around him were so weak. This is his one chance to cash out. Time to let him go.
Hmm… the “personnel” didn’t brick those inside chippies, fumble the ball in the post, commit silly fouls, often taking him out of the game before it even gets going, get pushed around in the post against bigger players. But thanks for playing “Poor Cliff has No Help”

Hmm… the “personnel” didn’t brick those inside chippies, fumble the ball in the post, commit silly fouls, often taking him out of the game before it even gets going, get pushed around in the post against bigger players. But thanks for playing “Poor Cliff has No Help”
I guess we will see next year whether Cliff and his "bag" is really elite, or the same player he's always been at RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT