ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cliff Omoruyi to enter Transfer Portal

I hope he makes a fortune. Thanks for four great years, Cliff.
Maybe give RU a chance to match your best offer?

Edit - just learned from another post that RU would not be allowed to do a trip to Africa 2 years in a row. So there is no legal vehicle in place for us to pay Mawot or Cliff their market value. They are 100% outta here.

Last edited:
ST John’s possibly but watch Rutgers fans show true colors in this thread. He stayed here 4 years earned his degree owes nothing to anyone here and can careless what any of you non NIL participants have to say. ST Johns supposedly has tons of money to burn. Why not get paid he is doing what’s best for him and at the beginning of the transfer portal window.

Im okay with Cliff going and harbor no ill will

4 years here. He owes us nothing. I think both parties benefit from change of scenery

Thank you Cliff for all you did here. You were part of the rebuild here and I will ever be greatful. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
SEC

I can understand Cliff wanting to move on with his life and pursue a professional career.

What I don’t understand is why he would want to play at another school with all the potential we have for a great season next year that he could be a big part of.

And I definitely don’t understand people who think it’s best for us to move on. Cliff is one of the best centers RU has ever had and he would be a big piece for us. He’s going to get interest at the highest levels of college basketball. It’s hard for me to imagine that we’re going to come up with a replacement that’s a better for us.

Good luck Cliff. Thanks for your 4!

Ok...but now that he's in the portal...I can't help myself to root for him to verbal to another team who counts on them as their starting 5 and then watch as he decides to stay in the draft after the portal closes. Now that would be tasty.

Reactions: tm_nj and socaldave
ST John’s possibly but watch Rutgers fans show true colors in this thread. He stayed here 4 years earned his degree owes nothing to anyone here and can careless what any of you non NIL participants have to say. ST Johns supposedly has tons of money to burn. Why not get paid he is doing what’s best for him and at the beginning of the transfer portal window.

I thought with his student visa he can't get paid here in the US, which is why he donated all of his money to the salvation army or something up in Newark.

dave foley kicking ass GIF

Reactions: Joey Bacala
I think the camp that expects us to be fine are crazy. There is no one left from the 2022-23 roster (except Oskar). I can't see chemistry not being an issue
Pike has his work cut out for him. Some coaches are able to bring in entire teams and succeed. We’ll see if that’s Pike. However, I think expectations should be tempered to the goal of just making the NCAA tournament.

Not sure if I can stomach yet another media darling being labeled as "the ex-Rutgers transfer" as was Cam.

I thought with his student visa he can't get paid here in the US, which is why he donated all of his money to the salvation army or something up in Newark.
He's graduating - evidently there may not be as many restrictions if you've gotten the degree.

He's graduating - evidently there may not be as many restrictions if you've gotten the degree.

Actually someone started a thread on this very thing. It's not the graduate part, because he is still on the F1 visa.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
The writing was on the wall for this. Loved Cliff here for 4 years being a top 50 player committing out of HS, but there are only so many shots to go around next year. He knew his shots were going to be limited with Dylan and Ace being here next year. Cliff needs to be on a team he can be one of the focal points of the offense, show NBA scouts what he can do and it wasn't going to be here in his final year with 2 potential lottery picks in 2025 NBA Draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT