ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cliff Omoruyi to enter Transfer Portal

Cliff is going for a bag. It's been reported that Pike had talked to him about staying while the season was going on and Cliff made up his mind to leave. Who can blame him? He's looking at a million dollar payday from a blue blood where he only needs to be a piece of the pie and not the man.

I'm not sure what season you were watching, but he wasn't great this year. Mostly because the personnel around him were so weak. This is his one chance to cash out. Time to let him go.
I don't think UCONN is gonna pay him $1,000,000 for one season to just be, what, a backup? He is simply not a starting center on UCONN. Cam when he left RU had proven he was phenomenal offensively and even defensively. Cliff is nowhere near an elite big, particularly scoring. Scoring, he is actually very disappointing.

The whole new system sucks. As many have said, good players now are just one year hired players, until following year when they search for next "bag." Maybe over time enough fans lose interest in having different roster every year and the NIL dries up.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Hmm… the “personnel” didn’t brick those inside chippies, fumble the ball in the post, commit silly fouls, often taking him out of the game before it even gets going, get pushed around in the post against bigger players. But thanks for playing “Poor Cliff has No Help”
There's plenty of blame to go around. I'm all for Cliff leaving as it clearly wasn't working. I'm just gonna crap on his contributions for Rutgers overall while saying goodbye.

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
There's plenty of blame to go around. I'm all for Cliff leaving as it clearly wasn't working. I'm just gonna crap on his contributions for Rutgers overall while saying goodbye.

Hahahaha.

In fairness, he gave us 4 years and earned his degree. He fully honored his commitment to RU. Hope he does get a bag. Good for him. Also hope it’s a situation with a coach who can figure him out.

Hmm… the “personnel” didn’t brick those inside chippies, fumble the ball in the post, commit silly fouls, often taking him out of the game before it even gets going, get pushed around in the post against bigger players. But thanks for playing “Poor Cliff has No Help”
His FGA/100 possessions went down almost 20% on a team desperate for scorers. He was definitely getting the ball less than he was last year, because our guards were worse at setting him up.

They don’t watch the games. They don’t see the bounce passes bouncing off of cliffs hands. They don’t see Derek going up for jump shots at anywhere from a 30 to 60 degree angle or bricking wide open shots.

Coaches can teach, but players have to execute.

And I say that as someone who wouldn’t mind if Derek or Cliff came back.
Nonsense, you don't need good hands to box out.

Reactions: Kbee3
Lol so pretty much the entire nation. Love the Seton Hall mention, hilarious
I asked about Illinois having interest in Cliff. Not a Plan A. Covering their bases in case Dainja enters the portal. Coaches want Dainja back. He’s made 17 straight baskets in the postseason. Of course, they are all around the hoop. He can’t stretch the floor. Neither can Cliff. Can’t have two of them.

I hope Cliff doesn't stay in conference. Transferring for the life changing money I totally understand. But going to a rival, that would actually hurt.

I wonder if Gavin is finally getting in the portal today

Cat Falling GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Well it sucks to have to root against the future success of a player I like so it doesn’t make us look bad.

Coworker who is Kansas alum was asking about him today as they are also interested. Amazing how people don’t appreciate what they have until it’s gone. I’ll be rooting for Cliff no matter where he ends up (though I can’t say I’ll be rooting for his team).

Was obvious to me how good Spencer would be on his new team, and also obvious how bad Myles J would be on his. Cliff will disappoint. It’s stunning how someone so athletic can’t dribble, pass or do anything else on offense except high screen or dunk.

on the offensive end at least, he’s more of a waste of athletic ability than anyone I can ever remember.

that said, I’d still want him back bc next year’s team won’t be as offensively putrid as this year’s.

Coworker who is Kansas alum was asking about him today as they are also interested. Amazing how people don’t appreciate what they have until it’s gone. I’ll be rooting for Cliff no matter where he ends up (though I can’t say I’ll be rooting for his team).
So the BIG 10 conference is becoming a farm system to fill the 5 for Kansas? I guess I could see it.

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
Spencer was tampered with - his brother was speaking to teams. He didn’t even negotiate with RU.
Can we stop with this already? There was no reason to negotiate with Rutgers. He had several high major teams with championship ambitions trying to sign him, and no other good options. He was worth way more to those teams than he was to Rutgers, which was at best a bubble team with him. This is basic economics.

Was obvious to me how good Spencer would be on his new team, and also obvious how bad Myles J would be on his. Cliff will disappoint. It’s stunning how someone so athletic can’t dribble, pass or do anything else on offense except high screen or dunk.

on the offensive end at least, he’s more of a waste of athletic ability than anyone I can ever remember.

that said, I’d still want him back bc next year’s team won’t be as offensively putrid as this year’s.
Athleticism is more than just jumping and running

I could see him doing well at Kentucky where he will be used for what he is. A running center who can dunk and challenge shots on the paint. That’s what he is.

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Can we stop with this already? There was no reason to negotiate with Rutgers. He had several high major teams with championship ambitions trying to sign him, and no other good options. He was worth way more to those teams than he was to Rutgers, which was at best a bubble team with him. This is basic economics.

Yup. Honestly, can’t blame him. Don’t really think the decision was ever about RU at all. Having read some pieces on Cam and his competitiveness, this is the ultimate **** you to everyone who didn’t recruit him. Leading scorer on the national title favorite. Likely 2nd round pick. He even showed up as the photo to a workout Spotify playlist.

Athleticism is more than just jumping and running
Such as ? Anyhow, point is given his athleticism he is incomprehensibly bad on O. No hands, no awareness of where he is in relation to the hoop, no awareness of open teammates, no moves, etc. But still good enough to want back for his D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT