ADVERTISEMENT

Colonia's Antonio Alfano entered transfer portal

Please show your work, which kids that have this many red flags has Schiano excelled with in his career?

At this point Alfano gets one more try at the P5 level imo.

Why shouldn’t it be close to home at RU with Greg ?

I think this one's too big a risk. The worst case scenario is he kills somebody. Do we want that to fall on our program?

Greg excels with this type of kid.

On the DL is he an inside or edge rusher? I’m penciling in my 2 deep right now for RU FB 2020.
Name those past R U football players under Schiano who in less than 2 years left Alabama ( where he had it made ) then transfers to Colorado and F’s up there... Like I said unless and that is B1G unless Schiano isn’t apt to bring him in... sends a very bad message to every recruit going forward...

Reactions: redking
This kid knew Schiano was here prior to portal hopping to Colorado...I say Greg never even reached out to him for if he did it would have come out... this youngster needs to grow up and honestly from what I know , that ain’t happening with Alfano...Don’t quit your day job .

good for them. When you are a top 5 player in the country and no parochial wants you....well that should tell you something.
You realize you are talking to a bunch of idiots...

I would be beyond shocked if Greg even gives him more than 5 seconds of a thought

Reactions: RU-AGK and Rokodesh
Greg likely has G2 on what’s going on with this kid.

It’s up to Greg to offer him or not. No dog in this fight.

Alabama and Colorado weren't enough chances already?

Do you really think he's going to change his tune for Schiano when he's been to multiple high schools & multiple colleges already? Saban let the kid walk away as fast as he was willing to go.

The red flags are smacking us in the face and Schiano isn't going to do some magic that Saban couldn't.

If this kid was 1/2 the problem child everyone would be onboard with giving him a chance.

Alabama and Colorado weren't enough chances already?

Do you really think he's going to change his tune for Schiano when he's been to multiple high schools & multiple colleges already? Saban let the kid walk away as fast as he was willing to go.

The red flags are smacking us in the face and Schiano isn't going to do some magic that Saban couldn't.

If this kid was 1/2 the problem child everyone would be onboard with giving him a chance.

Ur probably right.

But if he can rush the QB.....hmmmm.

Reactions: Plum Street
Why take him? Too big of a risk to get this kid, esp if he screwed up at Bama.

Just like Nate Robinson
Funny Robinson story that kinda summed him up for me:

I was in Best Buy in East Brunswick once, and a bunch of football players came in. I recognized a couple of them, including NR, but I can't remember any of them now. NR went to the aisle with radios/boom boxes, and just cranks the volume on every display unit in the aisle, then walks away giggling to himself. Within 10 seconds, one of the other players walks down the aisle, rolls his eyes at me like the babysitter of a problem child, and turns down the volume on each radio.

Joke's on you, dipsh!t.
We’ll see punk ... You internet tough guys are the true joke...it won’t happen especially after what Schiano is preaching regardless of how good a player he could be... realize there are some of his former teammates in high school ( 3 schools) all had issues... the ONLY way he stayed at Colonia was due to the way our public school system works ...you will see tough guy.

We’ll see punk ... You internet tough guys are the true joke...it won’t happen especially after what Schiano is preaching regardless of how good a player he could be... realize there are some of his former teammates in high school ( 3 schools) all had issues... the ONLY way he stayed at Colonia was due to the way our public school system works ...you will see tough guy.
Boy are you dense. My post was a joke.

Boy are you dense. My post was a joke.
Dense ? ....you call me dense fine....calling someone dipshit after telling the board why this young manster was not a model student towards others was uncalled for...-Alfano has issues at multiple schools ....tells us we should not be so quick to offer this guy... like I said he knew Schiano was back and could have reached out before going to Colorado at mid year .... I don’t think Greg Schiano is going into with this player but ....not for us to decide... the message to those in the high school recruiting ranks would not be a good one ... You need to temper your comments ... I have been guilty of the same going back...

Dense ? ....you call me dense fine....calling someone dipshit after telling the board why this young manster was not a model student towards others was uncalled for...-Alfano has issues at multiple schools ....tells us we should not be so quick to offer this guy... like I said he knew Schiano was back and could have reached out before going to Colorado at mid year .... I don’t think Greg Schiano is going into with this player but ....not for us to decide... the message to those in the high school recruiting ranks would not be a good one ... You need to temper your comments ... I have been guilty of the same going back...

Do you drink?

You should drink.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Kenneth Britt. Given the opportunity, Alfano is someone I roll the dice with and keep on a short leash.

That's like comparing a petty thief to a felon. :Laughing

Maybe if Nate Robinson had made it further along we'd have a better comparison.

Kenneth Britt. Given the opportunity, Alfano is someone I roll the dice with and keep on a short leash.

...Britt and Alfano don't seem to be in the same galaxy in terms of issues.

...that one tweet where someone was saying something like, 'what's the big deal? He just missed a couple of meetings'...talk about just not getting it and completely excusing someone of any responsibility...I'm no insider whatsoever but when you have multiple people who do not know each other but are close with people who have worked with/ around this kid all sounding alarm bells, on top of:

-kid being dismissed from BergenC
-None of the other parochials pushing for him
-I think the kid having to leave Colonia after BergenC
-the kid being a 5* DT from NJ, having dozens of offers, PSU being his dream school...yet Franklin walked away
-the kid lasting one semester at Alabama
-the kid getting suspended indefinitely at Colorado after TWO MONTHS, before Spring practice even started

...the red flags aren't smacking you in the face, they're riverdancing on it.

Joe P.

That's like comparing a petty thief to a felon. :Laughing

Maybe if Nate Robinson had made it further along we'd have a better comparison.

yes, he is a more severe risk than Britt. But he also brings more to the table than Britt right away, fortifying our defensive line. Worst thing that happens is that the kid can't hack it, and Schiano cuts him loose. The kid has ability you can't teach.

I think this one's too big a risk. The worst case scenario is he kills somebody. Do we want that to fall on our program?

If schiano could get him to stay grounded it would be a great opportunity to show that our “program” is able to raise great men like it did before

he could be an absolute game changer on defense

Reactions: rutgersal
If schiano could get him to stay grounded it would be a great opportunity to show that our “program” is able to raise great men like it did before

he could be an absolute game changer on defense

...does the kid want to do any of that? Is he willing to answer to someone? Doesn't seem like it.

Joe P.

...does the kid want to do any of that? Is he willing to answer to someone? Doesn't seem like it.

Joe P.

you bring him in and see if you can get to his core and have him realize his potential .. if you don’t think you can, then you somehow part ways

Problem is I don’t remember Britt playing at 3 high schools or 2 universities... Britt had his troubles but mostly once he was in the NFL ... not a choirboy but a decent kid...suggest you let Schiano make the determination... a physical specimen but empty on the top floor... NOBODY HOME rutgersal

you bring him in and see if you can get to his core and have him realize his potential .. if you don’t think you can, then you somehow part ways

...don't think he's worth the risk. He's shown almost zero interest in really committing to being part of a program and listening to authority in order to get better.

Joe P.

Reactions: Block R
Do you drink?

You should drink.
I only drink when I’m at my residence on Oahu Hawaii or at the Christmas / New Years / Birthday ... I have made it a point to avoid alcohol on most other occasions... I will however get rip roaring drunk if we don’t get an NCAA bid...but yes I do drink ...this board will make any sane person become a drunk.

A kid who has read all his press clippings but never had respect for his teammates and coaching staffs.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
Al please stop it. You dont know any of the story on this young man. And both Rutgrrs and Greg do not need problems like this.

Reactions: PaKnight
yes, he is a more severe risk than Britt. But he also brings more to the table than Britt right away, fortifying our defensive line. Worst thing that happens is that the kid can't hack it, and Schiano cuts him loose. The kid has ability you can't teach.
Give us the less talented but more dedicated stand up athlete who by hard work and superior coaching will reach a higher plateau than this kid we’ve given too much time to here... up to coach not anyone else ... maybe the player has a good reason for this type of past behaviors... he sounds like the typical spoiled child who thinks everyone else is the reason for his problems...

No the worst thing that can happen is he's poison in the locker room and more important a poison in the dorm. Very rare to put a bad apple with good kids and they become good. Usually the other way around and like a cancer he spreads. Risk way higher then the potential reward.
Don't even pick up the phone even if he's making the call.

No the worst thing that can happen is he's poison in the locker room and more important a poison in the dorm. Very rare to put a bad apple with good kids and they become good. Usually the other way around and like a cancer he spreads. Risk way higher then the potential reward.
Don't even pick up the phone even if he's making the call.

maybe its too early in schiano's program for this to work, but it is absolutely possible for bad apples to become good when around the right people and that's what we should be striving for and will soon have again. We can't be scared that our culture isn't strong enough to withstand bad apples.

maybe its too early in schiano's program for this to work, but it is absolutely possible for bad apples to become good when around the right people and that's what we should be striving for and will soon have again. We can't be scared that our culture isn't strong enough to withstand bad apples.

Right now we're not at that point. He was just with a coach who's won six national championships and he didn't respond to him. Unless this kid has a big time outside support program that he'll buy into, he's not worth it. There's no indication that he has that intent.

Reactions: PaKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT