ADVERTISEMENT

Conflicting answers regarding Gio/Oden

Dec 15, 2015
Ash said Oden went in because Gio was hurt during the press conference

Drew said Oden went in the first time for a change of pace and the second time because Minnesota was limiting theyre throwing abilities and on that third down he thought Tylin could give them a much needed speed ability

From Gio: "It [hamstring] got tight on me and I didnt want to risk hurting it anymore."

So definitely an injury

Somebody is lying (duh), and I'm going to go with it's not Drew.

And if DM's response is the truth, then that makes the sub even more confusing. Why take out the hot hand and put an unknown in? We've been hesitant to pull out the cold hand most of the season and finally someone catches fire and we sub him? That's what I find mind boggling. Again, if DM's response is the truth.

It's not exactly comforting to hear this, because you would think the OC and HC would be on the same page. Maybe this is why the offense is having so many problems, not including Laviano's play and Grant's injury.

Drew said Oden went in the first time for a change of pace and the second time because Minnesota was limiting theyre throwing abilities and on that third down he thought Tylin could give them a much needed speed ability

From Gio: "It [hamstring] got tight on me and I didnt want to risk hurting it anymore."

So definitely an injury

Tylin was in because Gio - who was hurt - couldn't run the play the staff wanted to call in the 2nd half (see: "change of pace"). If you noticed Gio didn't run the option, for himself, at all in the 2nd half. 2 plays in the 1st half were by design. Nothing whatsoever "conflicting" there, right?

Tylin was in because Gio - who was hurt - couldn't run the play the staff wanted to call in the 2nd half (see: "change of pace"). If you noticed Gio didn't run the option, for himself, at all in the 2nd half. 2 plays in the 1st half were by design. Nothing whatsoever "conflicting" there, right?

If what you say is true, then the only thing conflicting are the coaches' choice of words.

It's not exactly comforting to hear this, because you would think the OC and HC would be on the same page. Maybe this is why the offense is having so many problems, not including Laviano's play and Grant's injury.

I wouldn't say the offense had problems today.

Gio probably has a minor hamstring strain. Usually takes 2-3 weeks to heal up. He'll most likely be good for two weeks. This is what happens when u need a dual threat to run a an offense with only one legitimate dual threat qb.

So definitely an injury
You have a conflict in your mind. You are off on what Mehringer said.

First time because of Gio's hamstring.

Second time because of pure speed and change of pace (likely because Gio was limited due to his injury.

f7ffd2e906b1cf8e344ff12cb78190eadefbb587ac86531cd6000a183e67911f.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT