ADVERTISEMENT

Corey- Please stay

Nov 18, 2011
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Many of us have faced decisions that you now have young man, although not in the basketball arena.
I read the Rutgers boards religiously but rarely post.

For what it is worth, I see a gifted athlete who, if can bring it with consistency, can get that NBA paycheck that will take care of you and your family for the rest of your lives.

If financially possible, which only you can decide, hang in there for another year.
Improve your game, get your degree, solidify your status as a Rutgers legend (which can never be taken away) and enjoy your senior year and well deserved success.

Just some advice from an old Rutgers graduate who has been around the block and has been very fortunate in life due in large part to my Rutgers education.

Last edited:
I want him to stay for one big reason that has nothing to do with basketball. I have no stats to back this up, but I bet a lot of athletes who leave school early in pursuit of that big pay check never return and finish their degree. The possibilities for his life after BB will be much enhanced if he has that piece of paper.

Did you see how much Corey has improved over the last year ? It’s insane. He’s so much better than 12 months ago.

Defense.
That beautiful step back from foul line he’s added

If he works with Pike in the offseason to add any 2 of the following , then you have yourself a NBA player :
Consistent ability to get open and make 3s
Improved passing and assists
Being stronger driving with his left
83%+ free throw shooter

Reactions: Bababooey_Class'80
I think this is it for him. He went all out- tryna to get us to the tournament before he left. He gave it his all... Looked like a senior not wanting his last game to end

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT