ADVERTISEMENT

Criticizing Coach Pike

ru_upstate

Freshman
Nov 4, 2002
Need help. My kids are HUGE Pike fans. To stir up arguments at the dinner table, I criticize Pike every chance I get. I think my daughter knows I am kidding because it makes her laugh. Turns out, my boys are doing a nice job articulating counterpoints to my BS. Here have been some of my statements this year. I’m out of ideas. Any suggestions?

We’d be better if Pike would recruit better players.

(A month ago) We are 0-3 against the spread, meaning we will get killed against real competition.

Pike shouldn’t have the players major in things like electrical engineering. It’s a distraction.

(And last night’s opening remarks that almost started a food fight) Pike has to get these guys to play through injuries. He’s coddling them!

He’s easy on the refs and doesn’t get enough technical fouls.

he doesn’t play enough zone defense

btw - I don’t believe in either of these.

Maybe point out the positive that even your pro Pike kids don't see. Highlight the fact when you treat people with respect (players and officials) good things can happen. I think is an ingredient in the special sauce.

We are better off with Myles Johnson starting, we will be a better team next year if Baker, Young, and Myles don't come back

Maybe point out the positive that even your pro Pike kids don't see. Highlight the fact when you treat people with respect (players and officials) good things can happen. I think is an ingredient in the special sauce.

Took this more as a request for trolling ideas, lol

Maybe tell them that the only reason Pike is succeeding is because Julie Herman and Eddie Jordan laid such a strong foundation

Reactions: Night Man
sounds like a frustrating dinner for your kids every night lol. change it up and compliment Coach Pike!

- Pike is better at developing his 2 and 3 stars (Geo, Ron) than his 4 stars (Doucoure, Montez)

- Pike is too pragmatic about the depth of this league; he ought to assume we'll crush everybody every night

- Pike isn't feeding Doucoure enough in the post

- Pike needs to get McConnell on the Deer Antler Spray to expedite his recovery

- Pike isn't embracing the "Rutgers Way" -- long and painful. He's gotta slow down the ascent here.

- Pike improved the program TOO fast -- we didn't have time to warn the rest of the conference

Reactions: RUDutch
Tell them he needs to get more fiery with the refs, and could take some notes from Mike Rice, lol
Better yet, say this program would have been better off if Mike Rice was still coach - that might get dinner plates thrown at dad but what the hell 😃

We’d be better if Pike would recruit better players.

This is probably true!

(A month ago) We are 0-3 against the spread, meaning we will get killed against real competition.

Don't think this makes logical sense.

Pike shouldn’t have the players major in things like electrical engineering. It’s a distraction.

(And last night’s opening remarks that almost started a food fight) Pike has to get these guys to play through injuries. He’s coddling them!

Agreed. Myles is a dumbass and Young is a pussy.

Never coached in the NBA
2143214.jpg

- Pike is better at developing his 2 and 3 stars (Geo, Ron) than his 4 stars (Doucoure, Montez)

- Pike is too pragmatic about the depth of this league; he ought to assume we'll crush everybody every night

- Pike isn't feeding Doucoure enough in the post

- Pike needs to get McConnell on the Deer Antler Spray to expedite his recovery

- Pike isn't embracing the "Rutgers Way" -- long and painful. He's gotta slow down the ascent here.

- Pike improved the program TOO fast -- we didn't have time to warn the rest of the conference
Harper was a four star.

Reactions: Randal7
Thanks all. I knew the sarcastic DNA of the Rutgers faithful would give me some great material. (my wife pee'd a little when I read her this thread.)

Looks like some may not have appreciated my comments (or some of the responses). Apologies if I offended. Please know that I love Coach.

coach p needs a hair club for men appt.......he should have known that this is a hair league...old man izzo. chris collins the dukie, and little ricky p
all out haired coach p...also, spending dept. money on pizza for the ticket office people....disgraceful.....what's next? a big ten champ........a comb over will not be tolerated.

Terrible free throw shooting % is on Pike. He needs to add competitive free through shooting drills and add consequences for missed shots.

Only winning because of high quality assistants, when they leave he will tank.

Hit below the belt. "You know that Pike is just refining his craft and reputation for the UConn job, right".

Eugene Omoruyi literally cannot dribble the ball.....my bad, wrong guy.

Why is he not playing Luke Nathan ? He is 6'10 and has been in the program for 3 years.

- He’s only good for 19 wins

- They won’t win away from the raucous crowd at the RAC

-squad is too team-oriented. Need more stars that are one & done

- team is going to be limited because they all seem to like each other. To win you need dysfunction

- too many guys can score 20 points on any given night. That’s not normal and is a problem.

- we score too much; offense sells tickets, defense wins championships

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT