ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse 18 - Colgate 10

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
Cuse at 70% FO in both games. Spallina and Hiltz dominant. Colgate is no gimme this year but it looks like Cuse is for real.

They can score but teams with good midfielders are going to have their way with that D.

They beat Vermont (unranked) and Colgate (although I think Colgate is very much improved and will be a good PL team)…oh and both games at home…

I’d like to see Cuse play 2-3 top 10 teams and a few road games before we get carried away…

Upsets happen early…check back 4-5 games into the season and then you see how teams are shaping up…by then you can start seeing trends and patterns…

Time will tell…they might be good. Colgate could be very good in the PL…

I’m interested in watching Hopkins v Towson today at 4

Syracuse loads up on home games like no other OOC. Play us outside in Pway and see how that goes.

They definitely have some offensive weapons but their D is going to get scored on. Their goalie is good but he can't save them every game. Teams with horses in the middle like every Acc/B1G team is going to have their way with their shortsticks. They are starting an undersized freshman Spallina there which tells you how little they have there. They are going to have to outscore people. Possible, but certainly no guarantee.

Reactions: Wagram97
They beat Vermont (unranked) and Colgate (although I think Colgate is very much improved and will be a good PL team)…oh and both games at home…

I’d like to see Cuse play 2-3 top 10 teams and a few road games before we get carried away…

Upsets happen early…check back 4-5 games into the season and then you see how teams are shaping up…by then you can start seeing trends and patterns…

Time will tell…they might be good. Colgate could be very good in the PL…

I’m interested in watching Hopkins v Towson today at 4
Then JHU has Georgetown on Saturday. That means either the top pre-season team from the B1G or the Big East will have 2 losses to start the season (assuming JHU handles Towson). Know GT is going to be highly motivated to not start 0-2.

Then JHU has Georgetown on Saturday. That means either the top pre-season team from the B1G or the Big East will have 2 losses to start the season (assuming JHU handles Towson). Know GT is going to be highly motivated to not start 0-2.
I saw GT in person on Sat…they did not look the part…it could change, but Loyola was in control the entire time…and that’s with getting crushed at the FO dot….

Time will tell right? Thats why we can’t overreact out of the gate…once each team plays 4-5 games, that’s enough to start building assessments

GT lost a lot. Loyola handled them easy which shouldn't have been too big of a surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the biggest bust team of the season given their lofty ranking. And that isn't too take anything away from Loyola who I think is the early favorite to win the PL, including a really good Army team.

GT lost a lot. Loyola handled them easy which shouldn't have been too big of a surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the biggest bust team of the season given their lofty ranking. And that isn't too take anything away from Loyola who I think is the early favorite to win the PL, including a really good Army team.
I do know a guy on Loyola and I currently hold the advantage over you and 44 in golf 😜🤣

Might have to run it back

Syracuse loads up on home games like no other OOC. Play us outside in Pway and see how that goes.

They definitely have some offensive weapons but their D is going to get scored on. Their goalie is good but he can't save them every game. Teams with horses in the middle like every Acc/B1G team is going to have their way with their shortsticks. They are starting an undersized freshman Spallina there which tells you how little they have there. They are going to have to outscore people. Possible, but certainly no guarantee.
Lol the Cuse way...never leave their cozy little dome until at least St. Patrick's Day.

Watching some of this Towson Hopkins game, one thing seems pretty obvious like usual with Hopkins. You simply can't slide, which we don't love to do anyway. We will give up some one on one goals but their entire offense is predicted on getting the defense spinning where they use their ball movement to get looks. Loyola plays a similar way. You can't slide against these teams. Force them to one on one match ups. Even with a lot of good players, Hopkins doesn't dodge to score. They dodge to pass.

Hard to get a read on Hopkins. Towson looks like a shell of how they once were.

Haven't really seen much of him. If I am a Hopkins fan I am feeling a little bit like we did after Lehigh.

Great to get the win, though I suspect that Lehigh win will be much more valuable than a Towson win at the end of the season, but there is clearly things to work on.

Degnon is still their gun on the outside. What is with this "player up" stupidity?

Towson just doesn't have much outside of Mikey Weisshaar.

He's a nice player though. He could play at a lot of places. He has no help though.

Collison should have come to Rutgers which he almost did. He'd have gotten much better used.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT