ADVERTISEMENT

OT: McCord to Cuse

More like it drives them crazy to see a program with similar resources doing better.

How are they doing better? Our class ranks higher than theirs. They had the same record as us against a 10x easier schedule. We beat them 8 of the last 11 meetings. What are they doing that we aren't?

Reactions: Kbee3
It’s laughable how we are all joking about this.
The impact of Brown’s recruitment is apparently lost on many of you.
A bigger concern is how Syracuse going 9-3 or 10-2 next season will have on the 2025 recruiting classes. And with their schedule it’s very likely.

But yeah it doesn’t impact us.

We heard the same thing about Hafley.

So many coaches have come and gone that were going to finish off RU the list is exhaustive. Particularly at Cuse and BC. But then there was Mora at UConn- Rockin Randy Edsall before him. Pitt has had coaches our fans have been gaga for- Narduzzi and others.

Meanwhile, none have impacted us since not sharing a conference. And we beat Cuse/UConn/Pitt regularly when we did.

How are they doing better? Our class ranks higher than theirs. They had the same record as us against a 10x easier schedule. We beat them 8 of the last 11 meetings. What are they doing that we aren't?
This^^^^^^^

And anyone that wants to talk about pre 2023 and the Ash years- just doesn't get it. Why do we like to like to do this to ourselves?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
We heard the same thing about Hafley.

So many coaches have come and gone that were going to finish off RU the list is exhaustive. Particularly at Cuse and BC. But then there was Mora at UConn- Rockin Randy Edsall before him. Pitt has had coaches our fans have been gaga for- Narduzzi and others.

Meanwhile, none have impacted us since not sharing a conference. And we beat Cuse/UConn/Pitt regularly when we did.
Here is the thing- I actually like Fran Brown and think it is great for him to get a P5 HC position. I have no problem eve if he does well up there- as it really means almost nothing to us.

Here is the thing- I actually like Fran Brown and think it is great for him to get a P5 HC position. I have no problem eve if he does well up there- as it really means almost nothing to us.
Cuse will do fine in 2024 with 7-9 wins due to the easy schedule not because of any recruit. However, they play the ACC powerhouse teams in 2025 and 2026 and will win maybe 5-7 games. They only have 2 4 star recruits including McCord for 2024 even with all the Cuse fan bragging. The ACC better teams, Florida State, Norte Dame, Clemson, North Carolina, and Louisville get 5-6 4 star recruits every year. Cuse will come back to earth in 2025 and 2026. Do you think they have the NIL money for 2025 and 2026?

Reactions: Steve91562
This^^^^^^^

And anyone that wants to talk about pre 2023 and the Ash years- just doesn't get it. Why do we like to like to do this to ourselves?

And remember in 2021 we beat them at their own stadium. The fanboys know that if the 2020 game got played we'd have won that too.

Cuse has sucked since GS 1.0. They change coaches like most people change socks. They are in the worst p4/5 conference. They get more snow than Alaska. Their fanbase is infinitesimal.

We're going to near a point where crying about them will be like saying Temple is a threat.

Reactions: Steve91562

I have no problem saying we want any other p4/5 school in the Northeast to not have success. But geez, people are worried about this LOWER ranked class than ours more than I hear about schools in our own conference. Without even looking I'd have to assume both Cult and Maryland have highly ranked classes, both are in our conference AND closer to our campus.

Reactions: Kbee3
I really don’t think we wanted McCord. We have other NIL priorities and his numbers are based on having an all star OL and stud receiver. Think of how Laviano’s numbers changed when he no longer had Caroo. Harrison falls in that category. There aren’t too many receivers out there like that who can hugely transform a QB’s output. McCord is probably better than Gavin but not worth the huge dollar value in NIL that we’re instead going to apply to retaining our players in the trenches.
He won 11 games and we don’t want him, kinda hard to believe. How many QBs have we had that have won 11 games

He won 11 games and we don’t want him, kinda hard to believe. How many QBs have we had that have won 11 games
Wait- the other 21 NFL players on OSU had nothing to do with the wins? McCord won 11 but GW lost 6 lol

The Cuse clowns finally all went away. Their 2024 recruiting ranking is nothing special but they are celebrating. We don’t know why they are celebrating on this board. McCord should get them 1-2 more wins but they have the easiest schedule in college next year and then he’s gone. 2025, I predict no more than 5-6 wins for them base on the schedule. There won’t be any significant change from Brown hiring or McCord transfer and they return to the bottom or middle of the ACC.

Harrison is way better than Carroo. Could possibly be the first pick in this year's draft good.
The other wideout is a first round draft pick as well. As is their #1 running back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT