ADVERTISEMENT

Fran Brown vs Greg Long Term

There is no one in their right mind that would not have made that move. $4 mil more per year plus 2 extra years. Better resources and support…
Absolutely, especially with the $240 million accounting error at UofA and a salary freeze there. No quibbles whatsoever. Nobody wants to be a rat, especially the last rat, on a sinking ship. But a Fisch? Should a Fisch be worried about such a thing? 😜

Absolutely, especially with the $240 million accounting error at UofA and a salary freeze there. No quibbles whatsoever. Nobody wants to be a rat, especially the last rat, on a sinking ship. But a Fisch? Should a Fisch be worried about such a thing? 😜
Also the UofA , besides probably not being able to come close to the salary Washington offered, was limited by state law to giving Fisch just a 5year contract making Washington's offer more of a can't refuse even if he wanted to stay .

Reactions: Knight Shift
The reason Syracuse has the class they have is due to NIL donors. Hornsby and McCord are NIL kids. There are likely more. We are playing catchup in this area. Hopefully more fans step up.
Greg needs to step up and sell access to him and the program and deal with a handful of rich guys being involved in everything.

I think Fran Brown will be a better LT hire. Schiano's developmental program realistic ceiling seems like 8-4 or 7-5. In less than a week, Syracuse is now involved with several 4 stars [without a great NIL situation]. Everyone will argue that Brown has no HC experience and in watching his press conference I can see why recruits like him so much and you have to start somewhere! I give it 2-3 years and we will wish he was our HC. Stars MATTER! Great hire for Cuse
Or it will be their version of Fred Hill. Time will tell. Given the fact that our trajectory is up, I'll go with the proven commodity. We aren't desperate and in need of a big gamble at this moment.

Why was Fran never hired as a coordinator, he certainly had the bonifides as a recruiter, evidently not so much as a coordinator.
Fran' s recruits have not had a great track record for success at the collegiate level
Fren's secondaries we no great shakes especially at Rutgers
Fran may actually have a good record as the ACC sucks and with all the turmolil it will only suck more as times and rumors continue.
Sooner than later the 4&5's will gravitate more and more to the SEC and BIG, thats were the exposure and money is and wilk be
Having said that I think Fran was a good hire for the Fruit, they've been dead for years at least the talent will improve an maybe Kathy Hoechel will build a mega Rock salt storage facility near by

So
Why was Fran never hired as a coordinator, he certainly had the bonifides as a recruiter, evidently not so much as a coordinator.
Fran' s recruits have not had a great track record for success at the collegiate level
Fren's secondaries we no great shakes especially at Rutgers
Fran may actually have a good record as the ACC sucks and with all the turmolil it will only suck more as times and rumors continue.
Sooner than later the 4&5's will gravitate more and more to the SEC and BIG, thats were the exposure and money is and wilk be
Having said that I think Fran was a good hire for the Fruit, they've been dead for years at least the talent will improve an maybe Kathy Hoechel will build a mega Rock salt storage facility near by
Not that it would have made a difference since he would have left anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT