ADVERTISEMENT

Danger zone

If we lose to MD then we are really entering the danger zone in the game vs NW. A loss at home to NW will effectively end our ride to the tourney.

Reactions: RutgersNYCB1G
If we lose to MD then we are really entering the danger zone in the game vs NW. A loss at home to NW will effectively end our ride to the tourney.

This makes no sense. If a loss to Maryland puts us in the "danger zone" then we're already there, because Maryland is in the top 10 and we are on the road. There is no expectation of beating Maryland.

Reactions: ru66
By most accounts we are a year ahead of schedule. At 16-6 we’ve seen the rapid emergence of our 4 sophomores plus the outstanding contribution by two veteran transfers.

Geo is having a down year from long range plus recovery from a broken thumb but he remains an important defender and leader who can make big shots for us. Shaq and Paul are capable backups.

We have a minimum of 10 games left and have to find a way to win 5 of them — 4 at home and 1 on a neutral court will help. I still think we’ll get one more win on the road, and I believe it can happen at MD.

losing Yeboah is going to hurt next year

i have been saying this since we beat seton hall and everyone started to get excited. The big 10 is too good and our team is too young that we could easily lose 5 in a row and blow up the season. I hope these guys have a "one game at a time" mentality. This season could end in a flash.

That being said the only loss that has the potential to end it completely is Northwestern at home. Obviously if we go 8-1 or 7-2 over the next 9 a northwestern lose doesn't end our season but it certainly does if we go 3-6 or potentially 4-5.

That being said if we win tonight we are a lock for the tournament.

This makes no sense. If a loss to Maryland puts us in the "danger zone" then we're already there, because Maryland is in the top 10 and we are on the road. There is no expectation of beating Maryland.

100% correct. This game doesnt hurt us unless it is a 25 point massacre. A down NW at home on sunday gives us a good chance stabilize prevent a 3 or 4 game slide. A win tonight would be huge though. A win would basically puts us in the tournament no matter what happens down the stretch(barring a total collapse of course).

Hopefully knowing this the team will play loose and have some fun.

Winning tonight would mean RU would have to win only 2 games in the last 8 to secure a bid.....but if they are winning at Maryland, they arent going 2-6 in the last 8.

Reactions: Scangg
What does this mean? The team has been playing poorly since the narrow loss at Iowa and is in danger of squandering an NCAA bid. That is undeniable.

Not sure about the use of the word “Squandering” here. This team has overachieved to this point and won/lost some close games against tough B1G competition.

As a long time RU fan I will not be surprised if we don’t make it. Every game the rest of the season is a tough matchup for us talent wise.

Let’s enjoy the ride, regardless of the outcome!

Reactions: Loyal-Son
What does this mean? The team has been playing poorly since the narrow loss at Iowa and is in danger of squandering an NCAA bid. That is undeniable.

What does it mean? The OP is the king of over-hyperbolizing and starting multiple threads about his fears. He knows it, it’s okay, and EVEN WITH a loss tonight we are not on the “danger zone.” We just have to TCOB at home.

Reactions: RUnTeX
What does it mean? The OP is the king of over-hyperbolizing and starting multiple threads about his fears. He knows it, it’s okay, and EVEN WITH a loss tonight we are not on the “danger zone.” We just have to TCOB at home.
No, we are definitely in the danger zone and taking care of business at home might not be enough. This team needs a quality road win, which is very important to the committee. If it doesn't happen, we're a bubble team that needs to do well in the B1G tournament.

As for hyperbole, pot meet kettle. Your posts over here make it out like Rutgers is a powerhouse team and fanbase with the nation's best attendance figures. Maybe it's time to head back to the football board.

As for hyperbole, pot meet kettle. Your posts over here make it out like Rutgers is a powerhouse team and fanbase with the nation's best attendance figures. Maybe it's time to head back to the football board.

Dude, WTF are you talking about? This is nowhere close to being true. Get lost.

Less than 30 posts and a handful attacking me with baseless bullshit. This should be fun!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TRU2RU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT