ADVERTISEMENT

Derrick Gordon - UMass (Transfering)

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Word has it that Derrick Gordon of UMass is transferring and will be immediately eligible since he will be graduating this year.

Though not a game changer, he is a steady player who will average about 12-14 PPG and will play smart ball.

Being he's from Plainfield, would be real nice for RU to pick up Freeman (JUCO) and hopefully another schollie mysteriously opens for Gordon.

On Gordon transferring, I don't like it from a UMass perspective as they supported and protected him when he came out last year and I personally feel he owes it to UMass to finish his career there - though word has it that he wants a shot with a squad that will propel him to the NBA - for which he is nowhere near a NBA talent IMHO.

This post was edited on 3/24 8:37 PM by BigEastPhil

We could use a player like him and I'm guessing another schollie will open, one always does.

I see that he only averaged 9 plus points per game both years at U Mass. In 2 years the one thing that bothers me is as a 2 guard he only made 1 three point shot in total over those two years. We need a guy who can consistently make 3's.

Originally posted by knights1212:

I see that he only averaged 9 plus points per game both years at U Mass. In 2 years the one thing that bothers me is as a 2 guard he only made 1 three point shot in total over those two years. We need a guy who can consistently make 3's.
I am hoping goode is that guy

Originally posted by ThisShouldBEz:

Originally posted by knights1212:

I am hoping goode is that guy
We just need to go 7 or 8 for 20 on 3 pointers next year. From a group of Goode, Johnson, Sanders, Etou and Williams..... Very doable....35 or 40 percent

Carino just tweeted that it's unlikely Gordon plays for RU or SHU for that matter as he likes being away from home and with both schools having 1 schollie left - both are looking for big men.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT