ADVERTISEMENT

Dolphins/Rutgers message board comparison

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
Huge fan of both teams. Last night’s loss hurt but very happy for “Pops”. Went on my Dolphins message board and it doesn’t matter how each thread begins………it always goes to talking about the QB. No I am not comparing Tua to Gavin or the Minny transfer just find it funny. One of the threads was taking about Wilkins taking the roughing the passer call. No less then 3 responses in they were talking about Tua.

Huge fan of both teams. Last night’s loss hurt but very happy for “Pops”. Went on my Dolphins message board and it doesn’t matter how each thread begins………it always goes to talking about the QB. No I am not comparing Tua to Gavin or the Minny transfer just find it funny. One of the threads was taking about Wilkins taking the roughing the passer call. No less then 3 responses in they were talking about Tua.
You do realize where this thread is going to go?

Reactions: Jimpeg
If you're a Dolphins fan, you could do worse at QB. If you look at the period between Marino's retirement to Tua's arrival, you have done much worse. Many fan bases would kill for a QB with a 70% completion percentage. The larger issue with the Dolphins in the last 2 seasons is injuries. This team has gone into the playoffs resembling a MASH unit the last 2 years. It's much more lucrative ratings wise to spew hot takes about whether Tua is good enough to play in the NFL.

Reactions: eddynyse
If you're a Dolphins fan, you could do worse at QB. If you look at the period between Marino's retirement to Tua's arrival, you have done much worse. Many fan bases would kill for a QB with a 70% completion percentage. The larger issue with the Dolphins in the last 2 seasons is injuries. This team has gone into the playoffs resembling a MASH unit the last 2 years. It's much more lucrative ratings wise to spew hot takes about whether Tua is good enough to play in the NFL.
Have fought with people on both boards regarding injuries. People will say it is an excuse and part of the game. Chiefs came in relatively healthy. Dolphins had to sign veterans to play end ( now if they still were good they probably would be playing already).

I still like Tua, much like Rutgers it will be an interesting off season.

Have fought with people on both boards regarding injuries. People will say it is an excuse and part of the game. Chiefs came in relatively healthy. Dolphins had to sign veterans to play end ( now if they still were good they probably would be playing already).

I still like Tua, much like Rutgers it will be an interesting off season.
The Dolphins were banged up all year. Chubb and Phillips would have had an impact on this game.

Reactions: RuBird

Tyreek Hill says Tua is the most accurate QB he ever played with and that included Mahomes of course

Reactions: RuBird
Tyreek Hill says Tua is the most accurate QB he ever played with and that included Mahomes of course
Another injury that hurt was losing their center Connor Williams. Last night it was like taking a knife to a gun fight. Add in the weather……. Knew it was going to be a difficult task

People criticized him for staying that, but I believe that Tua actually did have a higher completion percentage.
Last night was his “worst” completion rating for the year at 51%. Let’s just say most teams wish that was their QBs worst game. He also had plenty of drops last night

STua needs to get a famous girlfriend to come to games and offset the Swift factor

I don’t think Miami’s issue is the QB. It is the accumulation of injuries on the defensive side.
Also, I don’t think their coaching staff was able to make adjustments week to week. Mike McDaniel is weird and it looks like his team tuned him out during this slide.

I don’t think Miami’s issue is the QB. It is the accumulation of injuries on the defensive side.
Also, I don’t think their coaching staff was able to make adjustments week to week. Mike McDaniel is weird and it looks like his team tuned him out during this slide.

Don’t think they tuned him out. The entire offense is built on speed with the idea of getting a lead and allowing the DL to attack the opposing QB. When the speed players got banged up after 4 months they couldn’t play smashmouth. Also, DL (Chubb) got injured. In sum, Miami needs to find a power run game to compliment the rest of the team or this will be a recurring season end for them.

Reactions: Morrischiano
I think McDaniel is a good coach. He does seem to have a problem with sticking with the running game when it's working. That's why they lost to Buffalo. They had one RB who scored 20 TDs. They had another who averaged 8 yards per carry.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Message boards and fans are all the same and talk about the same things.

Dolphins/Rutgers message board comparison. Huge fan of both teams. Last night’s loss hurt but very happy for “Pops”. Went on my Dolphins message board and it doesn’t matter how each thread begins………it always goes to talking about the QB.

The solution for next season is for Tua to start dating someone like Katy Perry or Lady GaGa so that next year the Dolphins will be able to counter the Kansas City Swift Effect.

The solution for next season is for Tua to start dating someone like Katy Perry or Lady GaGa so that next year the Dolphins will be able to counter the Kansas City Swift Effect.
If Tua tarted dating a star, he'd play a lot worse. Like Kelce.

That’s not true

Absolutely. Do you see pertinent discussions on the Miami message board about north, south and central Florida? About the heathens who call god's gift to the palate "pork roll"? About the veracity of owning a Honda Accord?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT