ADVERTISEMENT

Don't make plans for December 1 - 4 of 2017 ( 2 Conference Games)

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Per Jon Rothstein, the Big 10 in 2017 will schedule 2 conference games for each school - 1 home and 1 away - for games to be played between December 1st and 4th.

The games will coincide with the Big 10 FB Championship weekend.

Thus no conference games will be played between Christmas and New Years - which is what occurs now - and the balance of the Conference Games will commence on 1/1 and thereafter.

Sounds good to me!

Big East used to do this years ago...I heard talk about the B1G doing it when we first joined the league.

I like this a lot!

not really a fan of this because people are just coming off of college football and early December games just arent a priority at least in these parts especially with Giants/Jets as well

So we'll have to choose between going to see our basketball team play or our football team play in the Championship Game. Decisions, decisions !!! :basketball: :football: :scream::weary: :D

Next year the tourney is at MSG a week earlier than usual

The season has one less week. That means the need to play 2 conference games early.

That's what it has to do with this thread. Thanks
Thanks for informing us that the B1G Tournament is at MSG next year and that it is one week earlier than it normally would be, but 90+% of the people on this board have no knowledge of this fact, including myself. Therefore your initial post made absolutely no sense to me because nothing in this thread had anything posted about the B1G Tournament.

I guess you guys don't understand the impact of the MSG announcement.....that will give a B1G team going to the tournament at least NINE DAYS REST before they have to play their first game. That will give our league a decided advantage to the teams in other leagues before they figure it out and do it themselves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT