ADVERTISEMENT

Dosonmu hurt

bowlgoal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 20, 2004
Feel bad for the kid. They are a different team without him.

Has there been any update since the game on the extent of the injury? That’s a huge loss for them since the entire offense runs through him and Cockburn. Certainly will have a big impact on the RU game this weekend if he’s out or not.

I can't imagine he's back for Saturday the way it went down. I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T tear a ligament.

Reactions: Scangg
Looked similar to Omoruyi's second knee injury last year - leg slid out in front of him, then suddenly caught traction and hyperextended as he went to the floor. If he plays, he'll be limited - but I'd imagine he'd probably sit at least one game to rest it barring any more serious damage in the knee.

Why am I the only one hoping he is out for the rest of the season? Or am I the only one willing to admit it LOL

Why am I the only one hoping he is out for the rest of the season? Or am I the only one willing to admit it LOL

I wouldn't want him out the rest of the season - just our game this week, since we likely won't be seeing them again this year. Would rather they do well after losing to us to keep their NET high and make some noise for the conference in the NCAA tournament.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but its part of the game. If he misses our game, its good luck for us, just like Baker screwing up his thumb was bad luck for us. I certainly would still hope its nothing serious that would impact the kid's career or cause him to miss many games.

Lol

When it comes to competition I’ve always been one to embrace the idea of wanting to play and beat teams at full strength. But with so much on the line in every game now I grudgingly admit that I’m willing to trade Dosumnu’s acl for an RU victory this Saturday. That makes me a bad person doesn’t it.

I don’t think you’re the only one, but I certainly don’t want to see him hurt. I think he leaves for the NBA after this year. Great player. Needs a haircut though

...I grudgingly admit that I’m willing to trade Dosumnu’s acl for an RU victory this Saturday. That makes me a bad person doesn’t it.

If you literally made that trade, you would be selfish and a terrible person. But you didn't. There is no reason not to be happy for our own good luck. That it came at someone else's expense is unfortunate, but good luck often comes at the expense of others.

I am at the same time sad for the kid, and very happy we have a better shot of winning a game we really need to win to accomplish our own goals.

That doesn't look good, he might miss a couple of weeks or the season. Big lost to Illinois. Major impact for our game, the history of Rutgers proves that the substitute will have a career best game.

Ideally he doesn't miss much time, and all the knee needs is rest. If he misses @Rutgers and @Penn State, that'd be 13 days of rest/therapy before they host Nebraska.

I’ve seen too many games where teams take a deep breath when an opposing star cannot or does not play. Almost always it comes back to bite the team in the ass either by taking the team for granted or playing a team that is incredibly determined to compensate for the loss. Either way, Saturday’s game will be a dogfight.

Reactions: KevH and Loyal-Son
If you literally made that trade, you would be selfish and a terrible person. But you didn't. There is no reason not to be happy for our own good luck. That it came at someone else's expense is unfortunate, but good luck often comes at the expense of others.

I am at the same time sad for the kid, and very happy we have a better shot of winning a game we really need to win to accomplish our own goals.

I’m overstating it. He’s a very talented player and I hope he’s okay. But if he has to sit out on Saturday I’m good with that. In fact I’m sort of hoping he needs 4 days rest to recover.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Could just be a mild sprain...didn't look too bad...
Did you see him hopping off the court towards the locker room, putting no weight on it at all? Could have been a precaution, but it didn't look good and neither did the actual injury when it happened. I hope the kid's ok, but could see him at least being out a few games to heal up.

Reactions: Polos13
Could just be a mild sprain...didn't look too bad...
tenor.gif

Hope it’s not career threatening but... if it helps us to a win and we can stay healthy to the end of the B1G tourney then I won’t miss him... surely the refrain will be we need to win when they have ALL their players... seems that only applies to Rutgers players... have never seen ... gosh I hope Rutgers gets Baker back for our game or last year with O ... sorry nobody has felt sorrow for dear old RU the past 29 years...

Update.....no structural damage but nothing in regards to him playing Saturday.....

Well that didn’t take long... don’t think anyone WANTED an opponent’s best player injured for a game but humor us for the moment...why does it appear it’s Rutger’s fans who say that... in many cases when our teams have had injuries to top players over the years ( football - basketball ) I didn’t see much sympathy from our beloved opponents... they took advantage of our depleted rosters and undermanned teams... none took the day off.

The only time you really want to know the best of your opponent was on the playing field is if you beat them. Removes all excuses.
As already mentioned, injuries are a part of sports.
The fact that we won two out of three games minus Baker was really something.

I believe he will play also just as McKnight of SHU didn't miss any time when people felt he would miss a few weeks. Illinois only beat us by 3 at their place and our best player, Geo sat out with his broken thumb. I don't think Illinois felt sorrow for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT