ADVERTISEMENT

Doucoure is eligible

Njc4MzJENDIzRUMxMDVGMzM4NjE6NjY1YWY2ZjdkZGU0NjI5MWE0NjQyMzkzM2M3NzFmNzU6Ojo6OjA=

Reactions: RUJMM78 and RC85
Give me the starting line up? I’ll go with Geo, Sanders, Thiam, Freeman and Doucoure.

I’m sure many will say Mike Williams and that could also be the case. I’m not sure Mike really cares as he will get Big minutes. If the above is correct.

Bench- Williams, Omuyuri, Johnson, Mensah, Sa, Shaq.

11 man rotation. Dadicka also gets minutes here and there.

Reactions: biazza38
Great news on an awful day and for those who did not read my post on Midnight Madness: Dourcore is a MAN and will immediately be an impact. Big time athletic; can run up and down the court and has offensive and defensive skills. I am so happy and pumped for BB season!

Reactions: biazza38
No, but he can play on the field goal block team, and as per NCAA rule once you play in a football game the scholarship counts towards football and not basketball, giving us room to sign Washington :grimace:
I like the quality of your thinking.

Here is how I see the distribution of minutes by January:

Guards (80):
- Sanders - 30
- Williams- 24
- Baker - 14
- Mensah - 12

Wing (40)
- Thiam - 24
- Omoruyi - 12
- Baker/Williams (when we go small) - 4

Bigs (80)
- Freeman - 28
- Sa - 16
- Doucoure - 16
- Doorson - 8
- Omoruyi - 8
- Johnson - 4

At one point BK was less optimistic, which is different from some, not in the know, who said that Doucoure reclassifying was just a fantasy made up by posters.
Another factor in all this is the fact that we now have a competent coaching staff that knows what they're doing. Haven't been able to say that around here for a while.

how has he looked in practice because he certainly is already a pretty big dude

This is good news, but lets temper expectations as he is a freshman big man. From the sounds of what I am hearing (just from guys i trust on this internet board) he makes better, but doesn't move the 2017-18 needle a ton.

Program is certainly still in building mode (not rebuild!) and we have a long way to go. In my eyes 2017-18 is about progress and progress isn't all Ws and Ls. I still view the 2019-20 season as the hopeful inflection of point of when RU basketball arrives to casual NJ sports fan.

Give me the starting line up? I’ll go with Geo, Sanders, Thiam, Freeman and Doucoure.

I’m sure many will say Mike Williams and that could also be the case. I’m not sure Mike really cares as he will get Big minutes. If the above is correct.

Bench- Williams, Omuyuri, Johnson, Mensah, Sa, Shaq.

11 man rotation. Dadicka also gets minutes here and there.

If Shaq is healthy, Johnson won't play.

We break .500 this year. Not solely on this, but because Pike is doing his thing.

The influx of Kiss who can score in waves and some tenure under the other guys for 19 will be MAJOR

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
We break .500 this year. Not solely on this, but because Pike is doing his thing.

The influx of Kiss who can score in waves and some tenure under the other guys for 19 will be MAJOR

Michigan State is going to be loaded with talent....and Izzo does his thing
Purdue bring back almost all pieces...and Painter does his thing
Maryland loses Trimble, but they have a ton...Turgeon does his thing
Minnesota and little Ricky return all but 1....little Ricky does his thing
Michigan loses Wilson Irvin and Walton, but still have talent...Beilien defintely does this thing
Northwestern, everyone including the turtle are back...Collins does his thing
Iowa loses Jok but they played all frosh and sophs..McCaffrey (dont like him)
Penn State brings everyone back...Chambers does his thing

That leaves us with 5
Wisconsin loses Hayes and Koening, but still have Happ....Gard is a question mark in my mind
Illinois brings in a great fresnhman class, but they are freshman
Indiana new coach and a ton of talent, but....
Ohio State I think the same
Nebraska can be had

with the exception of maybe Nebraska we will not have comparable talent to any of these teams. That doesn't mean we can't be better.

I just have a tough time seeing us out of the 11th thru 14th tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT